Knight's pick 1-4-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Awesome little "mini-testimony" by CabinetMaker :up:

His story is very similar to so many other Christians I know.

You won't believe me when I tell you, but I have been open! I used to go to church, but I'm not sure if I ever believed. I used to stick up for Christ, but as I aged, I found myself less and less convinced by the words of the Bible. There are times when I am frustrated with Christianity (for example, when it is the cause of suffering or holding back progress), but I am not an atheist. I have remained open, but your god, nor any other, has attempted to open my heart up to them.
I have no reason not to believe you so I do. I have no reason to doubt you.

There was a time in my life where I was a bit like you. Frankly, I was much more skeptical and a little hostile at times. And then we had kids. We wanted our kids to be raised within the church even though we were not particularly convinced of the existence of God. I was a bit concerned about being hypocritical by taking the kids to church yet secretly rejecting God. So I sat down and for the first time in my life read the bible without the lens of a religion there to interpret it for me. Learned that the things I hated about God were actually things I hated about religious constructs of God. I realized that all the things I blamed God for were actually the sins of men, including all the suffering we see around us. For the first time I read the bible with a heart open to possibility and God said here I am.
:first:

Status
Not open for further replies.