Crow's Pick 10-29-03

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crow

:first:POTD, deardelmar!:bannana:

Originally posted by deardelmar
Dave I beg to differ I did a show at Pendelton State reformatory a few years back. Spent the whole evening there and met a lot of guys doing hard time for murder rape that kind of thing.I have to tell you most of the guys I met I would have thought were really nice guys if I met them on the street. I didn't meet them when they were angry and I'm sure I don't want to but I am convinced that even muderers want the same things that you and I want. They want to love and be loved they want to have a good life etc. That dosen't change the fact that they should be put to death.

in response to
Originally posted by Dave Miller
THis is ridiculous. Homosexual people can be the most loving,
sensitive, caring people in the world. Murderers cannot.
:doh: :nono: :help:

:crow:Context

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Wow! :thumb: Delmar has been posting some really great stuff lately.

Crow

:second:POTD Tye Porter!

Originally posted by Tye Porter

It could not have been better said.
From the horses mouth...

in response to:

Originally posted by aikido7
Thanks for trying to understand, PureX. First, though, it's not my wisdom I am trying to share. The only possible "wisdom" I have is that I am sure I have little of it. I have a few great role models, though.
:crackup:

Context

Crow

:troy::kookoo: :eek: :zakath: Retarded Post of the Day!:crackup: :freak: :dunce: :hammer:

Originally posted by aikido7
I continue to look for the underlying intention, because it is always a good one.

Once you can know it specifically, then you can be open to satisfying that same good intention by behaviors that are more useful and less horrific to society and oneself.

Indulge me in some hypothetical example:

If Hitler's intention of the death camps was to "purify the race," that is still pretty ugly. So the next step is figuring out what the intention is behind "race purification," because we know--according to this view of humanity-- that there is an underlying good intention. So maybe the next layer is to unify Germany by purification. Well, obviously in most people's moral universe unification is much better than racial purity. So the question now becomes "What ways can we help to unify Germany that do not involve racial purity schemes?" When you can connect with your intention (by yourself or with others' help and support) you can avail yourself of introspection and imagination to discover other choices and other ways of satisfying that underlying good intention other than ways that are morally indefensible.

It's kind of like "no child left behind." We all have our part to play. We need to find it, connect with it and help others connect with theirs.

Simplistic, yes. Just a theory, yes. A way out, certianly.

Scapegoating and pushing our own shadow side away from us has unintended consequences that always come back in another form. This is why we are to love our enemies and "resist not evil." We cannot continue letting history teach us to continue doing the same things in the same way over and over and expecting different results.

I see it as part of salvation, release from bondage and off the karmic merry-go-round.

But as Kerouac once said, "walking on water wasn't built in a day."

context

Crow

...and they just keep coming..

:third:POTD rfburnhertz!:crow2:

Originally posted by rfburnhertz
You are Dave Miller in posting drag aren't you?

Making bold statments while not being willing to back them up.

Turbo asked you a straight forward question concerning Timothy.

You bob and weave.

Crow pointed out that you think animals cross dress... bob and weave... bob and weave.

Context

Status
Not open for further replies.