Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yorzhik said:
Look I am not happy with everything going on in the Republican Party. McCain was not my CHOICE ... I did not vote for him the first go round ... but undoubtedly there are liberals creeping into this party ... and I do what I can at the grass roots level to try to stop this change in my state ... but I can't control other states. I can just pray!!!
No; you aren't limited to "just pray". You can vote for a solid prolife candidate like Alan Keyes and next election that slap to the republicans just might be enough to put up a candidate closer to someone like Alan.

If God wants McCain or Obama then I'll just have to go with the flow.
God doesn't want a baby-killer running the country.

To all: here you witness the death of the innocents at the hands of the Settled View. Hey Ps82, why just wash your voting finger in that blood? There's enough to take a bath in.

And all the other right wing Christians voting for McCain - will you be raising that blood red finger to the camera and smiling? That's what the world and the republicans will be seeing if the right wing Christian vote falls to McCain.

Ps82 continues:
Maybe God is getting ready to do something miraculous in our nation... but until them I will try to take the MOST RIGHT ROAD I can ... and RIGHT NOW that's still the Republican Party. I couldn't vote libertarian ... because they are too liberal for me on certain matters. Ron Paul wasn't bad ... but I liked Huckabee and Hunter better.
So that's it? You vote for a baby-killer and God swoops in and fixes it with a miracle. You have a sick view of the nature of God.

Here's a better idea. Follow what God HAS ALREADY TOLD YOU TO DO in the bible and do what's right (which is not voting for a candidate that is willing to kill just one innocent baby), and forget about "maybe's" and "miracles".

Context

SaulToPaul 2

Yorzhik said, "God doesn't want a baby-killer running the country."

Does God want a pagan idolator (Keyes) running the country who is
devoted to the "Holy Father"? He proudly breaks the first two commandments
which were punishable by death under the Law.

Maximeee

Death2impiety's Wife
Gold Subscriber
Yorzhik said, "God doesn't want a baby-killer running the country."

Does God want a pagan idolator (Keyes) running the country who is
devoted to the "Holy Father"? He proudly breaks the first two commandments
which were punishable by death under the Law.

:squint:

Hmm.. Let's see... Vote for someone with doctrinal issues or vote for someone who kills babies... :think: Hard one! :nono:

SaulToPaul 2

Hmm.. Let's see... Vote for someone with doctrinal issues or vote for someone who kills babies... :think: Hard one! :nono:

Idolatry is just a doctrinal issue? God's first two commandments
are about idolatry. Is blatant idolatry somehow less abominable to God than murder?

The fact that more people today are guilty of idolatry, and that it's more acceptable in the eyes of the
world than murder doesn't make it any less a stench in the nostrils of God.

What makes an Idolator a better candidate than a Murderer?

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
are about idolatry. Is blatant idolatry somehow less abominable to God than murder?

The fact that more people today are guilty of idolatry, and that it's more acceptable in the eyes of the

Your hatred of the Catholic church is overwrought, divisive, and thus wrong. The Catholic Church is still Christian despite its flaws.

SaulToPaul 2

Your hatred of the Catholic church is overwrought, divisive, and thus wrong. The Catholic Church is still Christian despite its flaws.

I don't hate them. Christ died for their sins. The fact remains
that they are not Christian, they preach a powerless gospel, they
bow down to idols, make blasphemous "sacrifices" to a god, and the members are in bondage to the doctrines of men. God calls that evil.

The question is, why do you consider murder much more abominable to God than idolatry?

bucksplasher

Double Darned

Double Darned

I'm not wanting to run afoul of the language police.

I guess I've got my blood red finger, making the sign of the cross, in a sacrifice of the Mass, and am going to vote for McCain...can someone promise me a Kevlar suit, to protect me from the fire of hell to come? tWINs

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Personally, I have no issue with you (STP) choosing NOT to vote for Keyes or any specific candidate based on your conviction. I'm just hoping that McCain and Obama are included in your conviction, and you won't vote for either of them.

SaulToPaul 2

Personally, I have no issue with you (STP) choosing NOT to vote for Keyes or any specific candidate based on your conviction. I'm just hoping that McCain and Obama are included in your conviction, and you won't vote for either of them.

:up:

I agree, abortion is murder and evil. I take offense to Yorzhik promoting that God will be somehow be more pleased by us endorsing an Idolator over endorsing a pro-Murderer. The last I checked, Idolatry was
given two commandments.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I don't hate them. Christ died for their sins. The fact remains
that they are not Christian, they preach a powerless gospel, they
bow down to idols, make blasphemous "sacrifices" to a god, and the members are in bondage to the doctrines of men. God calls that evil.

The question is, why do you consider murder much more abominable to God than idolatry?
Whatever you say STP.

So we can count on you, as a Christian brother, not to vote for McCain, correct? Can we also count on you not to vote for Obama?

chatmaggot

Hall of Fame

Again, I thought you taught that we are no longer under the law. Why do you keep bringing the law up? I really am confused.

Are we to use the law to condemn people or aren't we?

SaulToPaul 2

Again, I thought you taught that we are no longer under the law. Why do you keep bringing the law up? I really am confused.

Are we to use the law to condemn people or aren't we?

Because Yorzhik is using the Law (abortion is murder) to decide
how he votes. I simply showed him that his candidate (an idolator) is just as much in the wrong as the other candidates.

He said that God doesn't want a baby killer running the country.
I want to know if God wants an idolator running the country instead.

Maximeee

Death2impiety's Wife
Gold Subscriber
Because Yorzhik is using the Law (abortion is murder) to decide
how he votes. I simply showed him that his candidate (an idolator) is just as much in the wrong as the other candidates.

He said that God doesn't want a baby killer running the country.
I want to know if God wants an idolator running the country instead.

So none of the moral laws apply to us anymore?

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Is bowing down to a wafer which you claim to be God idolatry
or not? Is this less offensive to God than murder?
Yes, by far.

So we can count on you, as a Christian brother, not to vote for McCain, correct? Can we also count on you not to vote for Obama?

SaulToPaul 2

Originally Posted by SaulToPaul
Is this [idolatry] less offensive to God than murder?

Yes, by far.

You cannot be serious. You are sadly mistaken. I understand
that idolatry is less offensive to you than murder, but you are not the one Holy, Righteous, and jealous God.