Poly's POTD 08-24-08

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally Posted by SaulToPaul
Is this [idolatry] less offensive to God than murder?

yes by far
You cannot be serious. You are sadly mistaken. I understand
that idolatry is less offensive to you than murder, but you are not the one Holy, Righteous, and jealous God.
Oh, no, God would not put on Catholics on the same level as all murders. So God's on my side on this one and not on your side.

So I've been very direct and complete about answering your questions. Can you show a little civility and answer mine? It's not even a hard question: So we can count on you, as a Christian brother, not to vote for McCain, correct? Can we also count on you not to vote for Obama?

GuySmiley

Catholics bow to a wafer, which they believe to be God, mistakenly. They are still worshiping God, not god, you see what I mean. Its not like the golden calf here, or Buddha. The object of their worship is intended to be God. I don't think of that as idolitry in the same way.

SaulToPaul 2

Catholics bow to a wafer, which they believe to be God, mistakenly. They are still worshiping God, not god, you see what I mean. Its not like the golden calf here, or Buddha. The object of their worship is intended to be God. I don't think of that as idolitry in the same way.

Still, is it a violation of the 2nd commandment?

Revisit the Old Testament, Israel used idols in their worship to the one true God, and God called them harlots.

SaulToPaul 2

Oh, no, God would not put on Catholics on the same level as all murders. So God's on my side on this one and not on your side.

What's the scriptural basis you use to say that God is less offended by idolatry than murder?

So I've been very direct and complete about answering your questions. Can you show a little civility and answer mine? It's not even a hard question: So we can count on you, as a Christian brother, not to vote for McCain, correct? Can we also count on you not to vote for Obama?

I haven't decided...yet.

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Don't vote for Obama or McCain, STP. Should be an easy decision to not vote for one who supports the killing of innocent babies.

This is me, on my knees, begging you to make the easy decision.

fzappa13

A little biblical research reveals that God traditionally gives His people the leader they deserve. You want a good leader? ... be a good people.