Knight's POTD 4-21-2008b

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Who says I can't pick two POTD's in one day???

Great post Patman!!!

What an arrogant statement.

How the heck is ID not a religious theory? Are you implying it is a scientific theory?

Okay, what evidence for it is there for the scientific theory? Describe the mechanisms and processes in which the designer designed life.

Oh yes we do want the truth, but the best way we have of getting the truth is the scientific method, and the scientific method has no room for faith - i.e. belief despite whatever evidence.

Pekkle

Everyone has faith in something. I tell atheists this all the time. Even you. Many things in your life you take as truth has some aspect of faith in there.

Even science comes to a point where it stops trying to prove every single angle. There is a point where enough is enough and it moves on. Evolution is one of those theories where science has stopped trying to prove because it thinks it already has it right.

Sure, there are still some researchers, but no one scientist understands all the research. They trust each others' work and studies on faith the other guy did it right, and his buddies double checked his work good enough.

Faith is everywhere. Imagine what It would take if one guy never had faith in what other scientists said, and sought out to re-prove or re-examine what his predecessors did before he believed their work was right.

Scientists believe in each other. It might not be totally blind faith, but not all faith is blind, is it?

So no one is above faith. No one. No one, except you, of course :)

I hope you didn't already hit reply before reading this all the way through. Because this is the point where I admit that I can think of no way to scientifically prove God exists, and blind faith might be required from time to time. For now I agree with you, that science cannot take the answer "God did it" on faith.

Of course, as science matures, I might change my mind.

500 years ago science couldn't prove that atoms existed. Does that mean 500 years ago atoms were unscientific? No. So why is the idea that "God did it" below science? Just because you think that we can never prove it? Do you really think you know enough about the universe to make such a bold claim? If you do make a claim like that, how much of it is based on faith I wonder?
:first: errr..... I guess... :second:

Status
Not open for further replies.