Knight's POTD 1-2-2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Lighthouse now that is what I am talking about! :up: Great post!
How 'bout Jn 1:3 3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
the Bible never once indicates that time was made. This verse merely states that God made the things that were made. It does not say what was made, and what was not made.

I believe that time is a thing that was made. You don't. Your belief does not change the fact that the Bible is easily interpreted as saying that time was created by God. Just because John doesn't make a list of things God made (shesh) doesn't mean that time isn't among them. So you can't just make this sort of claim as though it were a foregone conclusion like that momentum is always conserved (1st law of motion).
And yet, there is nowhere in the Bible, not even in the story of creation, that says, or otherwise implies, that time was created [made].

It is therefore not easily interpreted as saying such. It must be assumed that time is a created thing, in order for someone to interpret that.

If time is not a thing that was made then it must just "be", but the only thing that can just "be" is God. He said that he just is (I AM) and throughout the Bible we see that God is unique in god-sized qualities like this. So if God just is, then time cannot be. Also if God is subject to time, then Time rules over God. And that's a big no-no in my book.
Unless, of course, time is an attribute of God. God just is. As are all things that are attributes of God. Love is an attribute of God. Therefore love just is. Righteousness is an attribute of God. Therefore righteousness just is. Time [experience/succession/duration of events] is an attribute of God. Therefore time just is. God experienced the succession and duration of events before He created the world, and He experiences them today.

Revelation even shows us that there is time in Heaven.

When He opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven for about half an hour.
-Revelation 8:1

Did Jesus die for your FUTURE sins that you have YET to commit?
Yes.
:first:

Status
Not open for further replies.