Zakath agreed to give Enyart rights to Battle Royale VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Enyart

Deceased
Staff member
Administrator
Zakath, if you want to make this as legal as possible, we could both sign an agreement, you would sign something like this, and I would sign a mirror agreement for you.

Assignment of Copyright

This agreement covers the copyright to a written, 10-round moderated Internet debate to be conducted in 2003 at TheologyOnline.com (hereafter TOL) between a TOL regular with screen name Zakath and pastor Robert A. Enyart (hereafter Enyart), titled: Battle Royale VII: Does God Exist? (hereafter Debate).

FOR VALUE RECEIVED (including the benefit of posting this Debate on TOL), the undersigned (Zakath) hereby assigns unto Robert A. Enyart, his successors, assigns and personal representatives, an equal right, title and interest in and to the above described copyright (Debate), throughout the world, to the extent applicable by law, in perpetuity and Zakath therefore hereby waives unconditionally any *exclusive* moral rights of authors in respect of the Debate and such rights under Section 77, 80, 84 and 85 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988. The undersigned warrants good title to said copyright, that it does not contain plagiarism, and is free of all liens, encumbrances or any known claims against said copyright (other than the standard TOL copyright, which for this Debate TOL has extended to the participants, Zakath and Enyart), and therefore Zakath’s contribution to the Debate is original and will not infringe any right of copyright or any other right of whatever nature of any third party and therefore Zakath is the sole author of his contribution to the Debate and the sole absolute and unencumbered legal and beneficial owner of all rights in his contribution to the Debate (other than TOL’s rights as mentioned above). Also, Zakath will undertake to execute all further documents (if any) which Enyart may reasonably require for effecting or confirming the equal grant to Enyart of any rights of copyright purported to be granted to Enyart hereunder. This equal right gives to each of the two Debate participants, Zakath and Enyart, the right of full use of the entire debate including the postings from both sides, allowing either or both parties to distribute freely or sell, by third-party publication or self-publishing, copies of the debate. Such copies cannot misrepresent the debate in anyway, and any publishing or distribution of the debate must maintain the integrity of the initial postings, with only the slightest editing permitted for consistent formatting and to correct minor typographical and grammatical errors.

FOR VALUE RECEIVED (including the benefit of having this Debate to post), the undersigned also hereby assigns to TheologyOnline.com and its online successors the right to keep posted this entire debate online at their website for as long as this website or its online successors exists.

Signed under seal of a notary public, this ___ day of ________, 2005.

I confirm and agree to the above and agree to be bound by it:

Signed: _______________________

An existing problem has been Zakath’s unwillingness to identify himself publicly. I and my family have been the target of serious threats, as were all the men who had the courage to put their real names on the Declaration of Independence. Zakath, if you think your efforts are important, you really should have the courage of your conviction. And I am sure that both Knight and I would agree not to publicize your name (online, on the air, etc.).

Other than that, I don’t think a document would hold up legally if it were signed:

-Zakath
Ducking in Darkness
Shrouded in Shadows
Anonymous as Afraid

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
SOTK said:
...but it seems anyone can hang a sign on their door and call themselves a "Psychologist". :rolleyes:
:idea:I've been looking for a business venture.:think:

Zakath

Resident Atheist
SOTK said:
Most Pastors have nothing to hide except the idiots like Benny Hinn.
There are apparently a lot of idiots like Benny Hinn, then.

In my experience, it's the so called psychologists who traditionally have an issue with financial accountability.
How many psychologists do you know, personally? Do you know as many psychologists as you do pastors, so you can make a valid comparison...

Not only that, but it seems anyone can hang a sign on their door and call themselves a "Psychologist". :rolleyes:
I cannot speak for where you live, but that is not true in most states. One must be licensed to legally use the term "psychologist" or to run a counselling practice as a psychologist.

Clergy, on the other hand, need no formal training or licensure by any third party. Literally anyone who desires can call themselves "pastor" or "reverend".

Somehow you seem to have transposed the two professions... ;)

Zakath

Resident Atheist
What's the matter Bob? Things a little slow in the preaching/broadcasting businesses? :chuckle:

I'm not going to give you, or your disciples, any more personal information about me than you already have... live with it. :ha:

Or, if it really gets your goat that much... live with it. :)

Zakath

Resident Atheist
temple 2000 said:
I don't think he needs to 'be given' a month off....he takes time off himself whenever he encounters an issue which he does not want to address.
Never mind... ;)

Last edited:

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Bob Enyart said:
... After all, it is probably your (atheists on TOL) loyalty to Zakath that kept most of you from making a composite post for the tenth round, so why not publicize his work?
From what I understood from them, it was the fact that your points weren't considered worth the effort of refuting, Bob. But since I was ill at the time, perhaps I misunderstood them. :shrug:

I do seem to recall a poster named Taoist, posting some refutations. He may also have posted them elsewhere, but you'd have to ask him to be sure.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Bob Enyart said:
Zakath, if you want to make this as legal as possible, we could both sign an agreement, you would sign something like this, and I would sign a mirror agreement for you...
I do not need your permission, remember?

Knight, and Knight alone, has that copyright authority. He and I communicated about it yesterday, via email, and I am now satisfied.

Your agreement is superfluous. :bang:

Zakath

Resident Atheist
I think I've addressed all the questions/comments on this thread that I intend to...

This will be my last post on this thread.

Have a nice day. :)

drbrumley

Zakath said:
I think I've addressed all the questions/comments on this thread that I intend to...

This will be my last post on this thread.

Have a nice day. :)

Thank God!!!!!!

taoist

Zakath said:
I do seem to recall a poster named Taoist, posting some refutations. He may also have posted them elsewhere, but you'd have to ask him to be sure.

The refutations followed a direct request by Pastor Enyart in the course of the post-game show, which included the combined response of a number of atheists on TOL, though Bob seems to have conveniently misplaced that memory. I would have made a point by point refutation regardless, though it was hilarious to find the "prophesy" that neither I nor any other atheist would do so while creating my response.

FYI, the thread was entititled "The Taoist and Pastor Enyart" and somehow seems to have vanished from TOL, no doubt due to some inadvertent deletion. Fortunately, it still has a following in PDF format, or so I infer from the odd request that still comes in to my yahoo email account.

Oddly enough, the good pastor doesn't seem to have taken me up on the offer to distribute it to his parishioners. I provided both Bob and Knight with direct download links to the document immediately after I published it, and I'm sure one or the other has a copy still.

In peace, Jesse

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
taoist said:
The refutations followed a direct request by Pastor Enyart in the course of the post-game show, which included the combined response of a number of atheists on TOL, though Bob seems to have conveniently misplaced that memory. I would have made a point by point refutation regardless, though it was hilarious to find the "prophesy" that neither I nor any other atheist would do so while creating my response.

FYI, the thread was entititled "The Taoist and Pastor Enyart" and somehow seems to have vanished from TOL, no doubt due to some inadvertent deletion. Fortunately, it still has a following in PDF format, or so I infer from the odd request that still comes in to my yahoo email account.

Oddly enough, the good pastor doesn't seem to have taken me up on the offer to distribute it to his parishioners. I provided both Bob and Knight with direct download links to the document immediately after I published it, and I'm sure one or the other has a copy still.

In peace, Jesse
No offense jesse but we ignored a large part of your contribution to the atheist rebuttal because frankly it wasn't very well prepared.

Sorry to be so blunt.

docrob57

Zakath said:

How many psychologists do you know, personally? Do you know as many psychologists as you do pastors, so you can make a valid comparison...

I cannot speak for where you live, but that is not true in most states. One must be licensed to legally use the term "psychologist" or to run a counselling practice as a psychologist.

Clergy, on the other hand, need no formal training or licensure by any third party. Literally anyone who desires can call themselves "pastor" or "reverend".

In Louisiana, my home sweet home, one need only have a Masters of Education in "counseling." I learned this from my ex-wife, the counselor. This is not a shot at you, I just thought I would bring it up since it amuses me.

docrob57

Zakath said:
What's the matter Bob? Things a little slow in the preaching/broadcasting businesses? :chuckle:

I'm not going to give you, or your disciples, any more personal information about me than you already have... live with it. :ha:

Or, if it really gets your goat that much... live with it. :)

Did I misread, or didn't he give you what you asked for above?

Freak

Bob Enyart said:
Other than that, I don’t think a document would hold up legally if it were signed:

-Zakath
Ducking in Darkness
Shrouded in Shadows
Anonymous as Afraid
:crackup:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I'm still waiting to see a copy of Zakath vs. Bob Enyart: Does God Exist?, Battle Royale VII. I doubt it will ever be seen.:rolleyes:

SOTK

Zakath said:

Says you. Excuse me if I don't take your word for it. :rolleyes:

Zakath said:

A lot. I know more psychologists than Pastors actually (unfortunately).

Zakath said:

My Psychology Professor in college told our class how easy it is to get a license. He wasn't just speaking about my state either. He made the statement as we were talking about ethics.

Zakath said:

Maybe. Most of the Pastors I have met have degrees from accredited Bible Seminary Colleges.

Zakath said:

I don't think so. One pretends they have all the answers to one's psychological issues while "seeing" a psychologist of their own and the other encourages to solve their problems by trusting in God. A God who can be found through Faith and by means of the Bible.

One is paid much more than the other eventhough their profession is hardly based on any real scientific fact. The other is paid by the generosity of his church members and who can point to the Bible for all the Truth he needs. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.