You are an idiot

staind.raindrop

Christians only have to believe one thing: That Jesus Christ rose from the dead to take away their sin.

Nothing else you can believe can do anything to affect your status as a Christian.

picture.php

Last edited:

xAvarice

BANNED
Banned
If Stripe's God exists and the Bible is the word of God, (Perhaps God even influences Stripe) then isn't Stripe far safer/consistent believing all or what is said to be true?

Why would you take a scientist's opinion over the word of God?

At least Stripe has something in the race, rather than a Christian who will make their God retreat to wherever science pushes him.

If you're attacking Stripe for fundamentalism you may as well be attacking the concept of someone defending what they believe to be true.

I'd also like to know... on whose authority do you believe God was being metaphorical or literal? Surely not a higher authority than God himself?

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Seven :banana:
I didn't request anything from you, I asked why not.
Asked but not requested. Gotcha. :thumb:

You say, 'because it's stupid'.
You need to learn to read. :up:

I said you are free to believe anything you like as a Christian. The only thing you cannot forego is your confession of Christ.

However, when you share what you believe, you should be ready to defend it.

Why isn't it even worth considering?
Who said it was not worth considering? :idunno:

You've automatically excluded the possibility
Nope. I have considered the evidence. Evolution does not stack up. Its existence is camouflage for the atheist. Not camouflage to disguise him, but to disguise reality from his rational assessment.

it's impossible due to which facts?
Name a topic. :thumb:

You are only after a fight, I see.
Not at all! :nono:

I am after a rational discussion of the facts. :thumb:

I'm over it.
You are over what?

staind.raindrop

If Stripe's God exists and the Bible is the word of God, (Perhaps God even influences Stripe) then isn't Stripe far safer/consistent believing all or what is said to be true?

At least Stripe has something in the race, rather than a Christian who will make their God retreat to wherever science pushes him.

If you're attacking Stripe for fundamentalism you may as well be attacking the concept of someone defending what they believe to be true.

I don't know everything about the theory of evolution but everything seems to have developed pretty close to the order the Bible lists it was created. If the 7 days were actually larger time spans, it might make perfect sense.

xAvarice

BANNED
Banned
Asked but not requested. Gotcha. :thumb:

Strap yourself in.

You're about to experience semantics abuse, misrepresentation, misquotation, too much personal information, self-pity, victim-playing, your sources questioned rather than your posts, then reported for hurting her feelings.

Good luck.

xAvarice

BANNED
Banned
I don't know everything about the theory of evolution but everything seems to have developed pretty close to the order the Bible lists it was created. If the 7 days were actually larger time spans, it might make perfect sense.

That has to be one of the most self-admittedly stupid posts I've ever read on TOL. Welcome.

The reason why, is because what you really meant to say was:

I don't know ANYTHING about the theory of evolution but everything seems to have developed pretty close to the order the Bible lists it was created. If the 7 days were actually larger time spans, it might make perfect sense.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That is not even remotely accurate. You clearly have not read Genesis 1.

The bible says the Earth and plants came before the sun and that woman was formed from man. And it mentions land animals and birds before fish.
Strap yourself in. You're about to experience semantics abuse, misrepresentation, misquotation, too much personal information, self-pity, victim-playing, your sources questioned rather than your posts, then reported for hurting her feelings. Good luck.
Have you some experience with this poster? I have never heard of her before. :idunno:

staind.raindrop

Strap yourself in.

You're about to experience semantics abuse, misrepresentation, misquotation, too much personal information, self-pity, victim-playing, your sources questioned rather than your posts, then reported for hurting her feelings.

Good luck.

You need to quit harassing me. I'm trying to have a discussion here, you're both way out of line. I guess
picture.php

Arthur Brain

I'd also like to know... on whose authority do you believe God was being metaphorical or literal? Surely not a higher authority than God himself?

Unless you think that regarding Genesis as allegorical is something new then I'm not sure what point you're trying to make? It isn't. It goes back centuries and not some new phenomena to coincide with the advent of modern science. The poetic language is hardly thinly veiled...

It has nothing to do with Christian's having to 'retreat' into some bushel because science has 'played its hand' or some such either as plenty like Alate One etc would tell you. Stripe is free to be as fundamentally literal in reading as he wants. No need for that to impact on anyone else or for that to be the 'status quo' for anyone.

So that being said, just what dog do you have in this race?