my daughter could continue working
it was one of the best things that ever happened to me
but
too many times I thought about what she was missing
she may now spend the rest of her life trying to get that back
hopefully she will get a grandchild
and
be able to get some of it back
The same dilemma faces both parents. Why do you single out women?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
If I'm not I wouldn't understand? And if I am I'm hiding guilt? Pick which one to go with

I can't believe a mother would ask that question

I will never know what it is like to be a mother
but
I do know what it is like to take care of a baby during the first two years of her life
so
I do know what they are missing

republicanchick

So you believe this happened because they were not Catholic? How do you explain Newt Gingrich or JFK?

well, when I use the term Catholic, I mean PRACTICING Catholic

sorry, I should have remembered that there are about as many definitions of that word as there are people claiming to be one..

and yet there is only ONE definition: a person who adheres to the teachings of the Church

++

Sitamun

but
I do know what it is like to take care of a baby during the first two years of her life
so

As do I. I have seen numerous parents go through the choice of work or stay home. I have seen parents struggle because they both have to work to support their family. It's a matter of the economy, not feminism.

republicanchick

Temptation. If it didn't appeal to the flesh, it wouldn't be done.

Sexuality is a struggle because it is both a drive and desirable.

That's the problem. I was a fair looking young man but I didn't want to ever hurt anybody. I'm glad I waited, I think it makes for a very strong marriage if one will wait for all kinds of reasons. We are either lovers or takers in this life. It is never wrong to do what is best for others, which in turn, turns out likewise for our best as well. A lot of people will give in to what 'feels good' before they think about the consequences, especially as such affects another. We need to become better lovers of people, before self.

won't get an argument here

+

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

sorry, I should have remembered that there are about as many definitions of that word as there are people claiming to be one..

and yet there is only ONE definition: a person who adheres to the teachings of the Church

++

Would you vote for Gingrich if he was the candidate representing the R's?

Sitamun

++

Ooh ooh!! I'm the daughter of a married catholic man who told my catholic mother that he was divorced.

But I guess in TSF land, I mean republican chick's mind neither were really truly catholic.

republicanchick

Because he would rather blame women then hold men up to the same standard ...

I fail to see where he is blaming women for... uh... whatever u say he is blaming them for..

I seem to have lost ..what posters are discussing here... People are not wording things too clearly

hmmm

republicanchick

Ooh ooh!! I'm the daughter of a married catholic man who told my catholic mother that he was divorced.

But I guess in TSF land, I mean republican chick's mind neither were really truly catholic.

um... yeh.

Is this what is commonly referred to as

having a cow?

++

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

but
so

And yet you pretend to not understand that working could very well be what enables the parents to provide the necessities for the child ...

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I fail to see where he is blaming women for... uh... whatever u say he is blaming them for..

I seem to have lost ..what posters are discussing here... People are not wording things too clearly

hmmm

That is because he is one of your own ... Republican. Catholic.

Chrys likes to pretend that everything wrong in the country is the fault of women. That would include you. A woman.

republicanchick

Silly *you* is right. I said NECESSITIES. Not "goodies". Apparently you don't understand the difference.

some don't know the difference between goodies and necessities

you probably don't

I tend to think you probably abort all children who have the nerve ... the affrontery.. to live in your womb

==