ECT Write a few lines summarizing these chapters

Interplanner

I think these chapters organize most of NT theology that has to do with Israel's destiny, the Promises, the Law and the Gospel. Write a couples lines about each and see if you can cover all the important points:
Rom 3, 4, 9-11
Gal 3, 4
Acts 13, 28
Heb 8-10
2 Cor 3-5
Eph 2-3

Last edited:

Interplanner

No, they are not all doctrinal NT passages. Or you repeated. Or you are just here to mindlessly mock a good discussion and to evade.

DAN P

No, they are not all doctrinal NT passages. Or you repeated. Or you are just here to mindlessly mock a good discussion and to evade.

Hi and these passages to me are written to Israel and I do not consider the N T is not to the B O C as the N TESTAMENT means New Covenant , which has many meanings , like #1 agreement , #2 , Will , #3 Arrangement just to mention 3 !

dan p

Interplanner

Hi and these passages to me are written to Israel and I do not consider the N T is not to the B O C as the N TESTAMENT means New Covenant , which has many meanings , like #1 agreement , #2 , Will , #3 Arrangement just to mention 3 !

dan p

You are way too complicated and chopped and diced. Are Christians missionaries? yes. Well the largest section on the new covenant is also about mission work and it is 2 Cor 3-5. So stop already with the mindless chopping and splitting of the Bible and put things together the way it does.

to all:
It is totally revealing that no one has provided even one summary of one chapter.

DAN P

You are way too complicated and chopped and diced. Are Christians missionaries? yes. Well the largest section on the new covenant is also about mission work and it is 2 Cor 3-5. So stop already with the mindless chopping and splitting of the Bible and put things together the way it does.

to all:
It is totally revealing that no one has provided even one summary of one chapter.

Hi and those on the LEFT will never understand a DISPENSATKILONALIST like me and understand your DILEMMA and in the last 2000 years , no one has seen the 12 apostles sit on 12 THRONES judging Israel , have you ??

dan p

Interplanner

What's wrong with finding our your wrong? What if you have a completely mistaken render of Gal 3? Isn't it time to fix it, to be confronted, to truly and painfully learn, like I have?

Interplanner

Nick, tell you what. Write them, but don't post them. I trust you and it will be a good exercise. Just keep one rule: don't go long. Try one sentence per 'section' as found in a good trans like NIV, or 2 at the most for a chapter.

It is a very informative experience.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Continued non-answers.

James 2

14 What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them? 15 Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. 16 If one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it? 17 In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.

18 But someone will say, “You have faith; I have deeds.”

Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds. 19 You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.

20 You foolish person, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless? 21 Was not our father Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? 22 You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did. 23 And the scripture was fulfilled that says, “Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness,” and he was called God’s friend. 24 You see that a person is considered righteous by what they do and not by faith alone.

James could not be clearer. His brother, our Lord Jesus Christ demanded the law be kept. The Pharisee sits in the seat of Moses. Therefore, keep and observe all that they say to keep and observe. That is circumcision on the 8th, and bound to keep the statues set in.

Faith does not save, even demons believe.

Yet says;

Galatians 3

2 This only I want to learn from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 3 Are you so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are you now being made perfect by the flesh?

Why did Paul write this? Because James sent spies and tried to gentiles under the law. They were to be circumcised and keep all the law as the scriptures state.

Galatians 2

3 Yet not even Titus who was with me, being a Greek, was compelled to be circumcised. 4 And this occurred because of false brethren secretly brought in (who came in by stealth to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage), 5 to whom we did not yield submission even for an hour, that the truth of the gospel might continue with you.

11 Now when Peter had come to Antioch, I withstood him to his face, because he was to be blamed; 12 for before certain men came from James, he would eat with the Gentiles; but when they came, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing those who were of the circumcision.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Or Show me a problem with the NIV.

13 In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, 14 who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.

or HIV

13 And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, 14 who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession—to the praise of his glory.

Do I need to google this for you?

Interplanner

13 In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, 14 who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.

or HIV

13 And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, 14 who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession—to the praise of his glory.

Do I need to google this for you?

No, I have some of my tools handy. But can you point out a specfic issue?