ECT Would MAD be more accepted if Gal 2:7 were not in the text

heir

TOL Subscriber
That's because Dispensationalism was invented during "the age of the cults".

In the mid 1800's John Nelson Darby invented Dispensationalism.

At the same time Darby invented Dispensationalism, Joseph Smith invented Mormonism, Charles Taze Russell invented Jehovah's Witnesses, and Ellen White invented the Seventh Day Adventists.

That's why the mid 1800's are called "the age of the cults".

Anyone who would stick the dispensations given and committed to Paul by God and preached in the form of sound words of Romans through Philemon in with the cults is a sick minded individual. That's you, preterist.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Who knows what the tet preterist believes, but yes, they think it's all happened.

No, that's not what I believe.

I believe all of the OT prophecies have been fulfilled, along with most NT prophecies.

There are still prophecies from the NT that have not been fulfilled.

For example, the Saints are reigning with Christ Jesus right now. When the thousand years is over, satan will be released for a little while.

The preterist has nothing to hope for. tet preterist is only here in an attempt to overthrow the faith of some.

I have faith rest in Christ Jesus.

My citizenship is in Heaven.

I am an Ambassador for Christ Jesus here on planet earth.

When I die, I will be instantly in the presence of my Lord and Savior Christ Jesus in the Kingdom. That is my "hope".

Until then, I do my best to be a light, and not put my light under my bed. Also, try reading my signature sometime.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Anyone who would stick the dispensations given and committed to Paul by God and preached in the form of sound words of Romans through Philemon in with the cults is a sick minded individual. That's you, preterist.

You deny what Paul preached in Romans - Philemon.

You look to the flesh.

heir

TOL Subscriber
No, that's not what I believe.

I believe all of the OT prophecies have been fulfilled, along with most NT prophecies.

There are still prophecies from the NT that have not been fulfilled.

For example, the Saints are reigning with Christ Jesus right now.
You must be joking. Is He hiding His rod of iron?
When the thousand years is over, satan will be released for a little while.
the god of this world is here now blinding the minds of them which believe not (2 Corinthians 4:3-4 KJV)! You live in fantasy land if you think he's chained today!

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
oh, then don't worry. I was ONLY RESPONDING to YOUR "UNFRIENDLY" PM, TO ME with many prior. Thank You for permission, dad to spank you pubicly. I like how you attempt to SCOLD people and give orders and ultimatums. YOU start trouble, then command others stop. NOW, I WILL say no more about it :loser:
Other things to avoid... These items may or may not cause TOL banishment......Please do not post in ALL CAPS or in all bolded text.
:rolleyes:

http://www.theologyonline.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

john w

Hall of Fame
That's because Dispensationalism was invented during "the age of the cults".

In the mid 1800's John Nelson Darby invented Dispensationalism.

The above continued deception, which he spams on every third post, added to...

“It's a young doctrine that was invented by John Nelson Darby in the mid 1800's.”-Craigie pie

"No matter how hard you try, you can't take away the fact that dispensationalism was invented by John Nelson Darby in the mid 1800's..."-Deceiver Tet.

.. Deep down you know that your belief system has only been around for not even 50 years, and that it was "developed" by men..."-con artist Partial Preterist Soddy Tet.

"...Your false teachings of men is a false teaching since there is not one trace of it in the first three centuries. None of the early church fathers taught your theory, its only about 50 years old."-con artist Partial Preterist Soddy Tet.

"MAD didn't exist until the mid 1800's"-con artist Partial Preterist Soddy Tet.

"My argument is that if there is not one single trace of something for 1,800+ years by anyone, then it was invented.”-Tet.

Vs

"That's not my argument.

"I have never said that dispensationalism was "wrong" because of how old it was. I specifically said that no one taught about Christ coming back twice before Darby did."--habitual liar Wimpy Tet.

VS.

"I never said it was wrong for how old it is.”-Tet.

Sweet, wimpy Craigie-the habitual liar of TOL, brought about by his satanic obsession.

SaulToPaul 2

Are you really going to split hairs? Abe was and still is the father of all, gentiles included, that can be said they are all of Israel who [Abe] placed his faith in the understanding/vision, bringing him the promise that, in the fullness of time and by believing as Abe believed, led to their salvation in Jesus Christ that they then could be called the children of Israel.

Well, the Holy Bible says that Abraham is the father of the circumcision and the father of the uncircumcision. The Bible splits hairs.

And, Abraham was never an Israelite. Being a child of Abraham does not mean you are necessarily the Israel of God.

Lets just agree with the Bible, and let it say what it says.

john w

Hall of Fame
You deny what Paul preached in Romans - Philemon.

You look to the flesh.

Originally Posted by tetelestai View Post

"I hate that 'the word became flesh' verse..."

Satanic.

And you hate the Saviour, asserting, on record, that He is not a mediator.

He won't deny that. Go ahead, Craigie-deny it. I'll pick you apart.

Cross Reference

Well, the Holy Bible says that Abraham is the father of the circumcision and the father of the uncircumcision. The Bible splits hairs.

. . and "out of the twain will come one new man", all by grafting and adoption and neither without the faith of Abraham, father of faith of all who believe in Christ Jesus, will it be so. So, not with insight does it split hairs, as you otherwise are given to believe.

And, Abraham was never an Israelite. Being a child of Abraham does not mean you are necessarily the Israel of God.

Which still only makes Abraham the father., doesn't it?

Agreed. Very much so.

Last edited:

heir

TOL Subscriber

:up:

Let's just believe the Bible!

Dialogos

Gal 2:7 really isn't a very good prooftext for MAD anyway.

If MAD were consistent, it would have a different "gospel" for every time the phrase "Gospel of...." was used.

So there would be the gospel of the kingdom, the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Gospel of God, the gospel of the grace of God, the gospel of the glory of Christ, the gospel of peace, etc...

Mark speaks of Jesus proclaiming the "gospel of God (Mark 1:14)" and Paul speaks of his own ministry preaching the "Gospel of God" (Romans 1:1) yet MAD folks assert that there are really two different gospels?

Just because Paul uses the genitive (translated of) in Gal 2:7 does not mean that there are two distinct gospels and in no other place would such logic be employed.

For example, Mark refers to the gospel as the "gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God" (Mark 1:1), Matthew refers to the "gospel of the kingdom."

Same gospel, different way of describing it.

Nearly every MAD teacher I have ever heard recognizes that the gospel Jesus is proclaiming in Mark is the same one He is proclaiming in Matthew.
So why not consistently apply the same logic to Gal 2:7?

:idunno:

Perhaps it is because a consistent hermeneutic in this case would destroy the man made systematic structure that holds MAD together.

SaulToPaul 2

Perhaps it is because a consistent hermeneutic in this case would destroy the man made systematic structure that holds MAD together.

MAD wackos graduated from the Institute of Sloppy Exegesis and Eisegesis For Lunatic Fringe Doctrines of Akron Ohio.

ISEELFDAO for short.

MAD is a non-starter, am I right?

heir

TOL Subscriber
Mark speaks of Jesus proclaiming the "gospel of God (Mark 1:14)" and Paul speaks of his own ministry preaching the "Gospel of God" (Romans 1:1) yet MAD folks assert that there are really two different gospels?
Back up the truck! Mark 1:14 says:

Mark 1:14 Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,

So you believe the gospel of the kingdom is the same as the gospel of God?

Think again. Take a look at what Mark 1:15 KJV describes the gospel of the kingdom as and then how Romans 1:1-4 defines the gospel of God. Do you really think those are the same gospel?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You must be joking. Is He hiding His rod of iron?

(Rom 13:1) Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.

the god of this world is here now blinding the minds of them which believe not (2 Corinthians 4:3-4 KJV)!

There has to be enemies for a king to rule. Right now the Saints are reigning with Christ Jesus.

You live in fantasy land if you think he's chained today!

Satan is unable to deceive the nations. The Gospel of Christ is preached in every nation on planet earth right now.

Romans 13 tells us that every leader in every country of the world has been established by God.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I hold fast to it. That's what drives you loopy! 2 Timothy 1:13 KJV

I don't doubt that your a believer in Christ, heir.

And, I'm sincerely happy you are.

What drives me "loopy" is the Dispensationalism that you preach. You constantly look to the flesh, you make God out to be a God that is a respecter of the flesh, and nothing could be further from the truth.

Understanding that salvation is by grace through faith in Christ Jesus is not exclusive just to Dispensationalists.

Yet, somehow you think that's the case.

john w

Hall of Fame
What drives me "loopy" is the Dispensationalism that you preach. You constantly look to the flesh, you make God out to be a God that is a respecter of the flesh, and nothing could be further from the truth.

This child of the devil ones again asserts that he hates the Lord Jesus Christ, because he became flesh, a man, and this explains why he satanically hopes that the Lord Jesus Christ is not a man right now, not in flesh and bone, as he claims.

Stupid, satanic Craigie.