Women and Feminist

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I gave one example in my previous post about obesity.

In general, I would like to see women return to being feminine in looks and actions, and stop trying for some absurd gender-less society and also looking and acting like men.
And again, I'm talking about generalities, not exceptions to the rule.
I like feminine women and I like the idea of the Fifties type family. Even older than the Fifties and Sixties also. I like traditional Mothers and women. I like independent and working women too, but I prefer the prior. I was going to start a thread about the Fifties but I don't know enough, being born in 69. To think, we're about to enter the Twenties !! It was just the Twenties a hundred years ago !!!

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm not a huge fan but by way of example I'm not impressed with the BBC making the new Dr Who a woman. It smacks of PC crap all ends up...
I agree.
I think the new movie re-do of Lord of the Flies with girls is a mistake too.
I have not watched Atomic Blonde, but I heard it didn't get good reviews for the same reason (trying to make it appear that there is no difference in men and women - all can do it all).
It's like the movies are now trying really hard to remove gender stereotypes, roles, and distinctions.
Not to mention that every single show now has to have multicultural characters or they won't even consider it.

Why can't people just leave 'normalcy' alone?

Arthur Brain

I gave one example in my previous post about obesity.

In general, I would like to see women return to being feminine in looks and actions, and stop trying for some absurd gender-less society and also looking and acting like men.
And again, I'm talking about generalities, not exceptions to the rule.

Yes, fair enough but that's not really the norm is it? In regards to looks then women in the fashion industry and the glamour side hardly look like men or are 'androgynous' in appearance in the main. Not by a long shot. Where it comes to 'actions' then that would depend on how you define them. There's nothing inherently unfeminine about having a career.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I like feminine women and I like the idea of the Fifties type family. Even older than the Fifties and Sixties also. I like traditional Mothers and women. I like independent and working women too, but I prefer the prior. I was going to start a thread about the Fifties but I don't know enough, being born in 69. To think, we're about to enter the Twenties !! It was just the Twenties a hundred years ago !!!
Apparel is another issue to talk about.
I agree that women should wear apparel that is feminine looking.
You don't have to give up comfort to do that.
There are so many comfortable fabrics and styles nowdays that it should be no problem finding feminine looking comfortable clothing and shoes.
Instead of walking around like a slob all the time.

Come on ladies. flaunt your femininity!
:peach:

Arthur Brain

I agree.
I think the new movie re-do of Lord of the Flies with girls is a mistake too.
I have not watched Atomic Blonde, but I heard it didn't get good reviews for the same reason (trying to make it appear that there is no difference in men and women - all can do it all).
It's like the movies are now trying really hard to remove gender stereotypes, roles, and distinctions.
Not to mention that every single show now has to have multicultural characters or they won't even consider it.

Why can't people just leave 'normalcy' alone?

It depends how and why it's done but the PC aspect is a bane and it's tiresome in a lot of areas.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There's nothing inherently unfeminine about having a career.
I agree.
But as I heard one commentator say ......
"How come feminist always say there are not enough women in sports, tech jobs, and political office ........., but you never hear them say 'How come there aren't enough women in garbage pickup or cleaning sewer lines'????"

I thought that was a fair point!
How come we don't see feminist campaigning for more women garbage collectors?
:think:

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I was watching a television programme a few weeks back; it was on the topic of women being sexually harassed by men in the workplace. What I noticed is all five of these women were dressed in the most sexy business suits imaginable. They looked like they were doing their utmost to be, not only attractive, but sexually appealing.

It seems they expected men to not have a normal male libido , yet when men seem passive they find them unattractive.

It seems to become a rather biased way to have more control; why not do and dress what they preach? When women dress more conservative, it says they are all business, not personal.

None of these women were ordinary looking:confused:

Arthur Brain

I agree.
But as I heard one commentator say ......
"How come feminist always say there are not enough women in sports, tech jobs, and political office ........., but you never hear them say 'How come there aren't enough women in garbage pickup or cleaning sewer lines'????"

I thought that was a fair point!
How come we don't see feminist campaigning for more women garbage collectors?
:think:

There's the flip side to that. Women have often being associated with doing the less 'glamorous' side of work such as cleaning etc as it is.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There's the flip side to that. Women have often being associated with doing the less 'glamorous' side of work such as cleaning etc as it is.
I bet that's an imaginary flip side.
I wouldn't trade washing dishes and sweeping floors for lifting heavy stinking garbage cans all day long.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Aprons should make a comeback.
Not only are they practical and protect your clothing, but they can add a touch of femininity even if you are wearing jeans and a t-shirt.
And they are easy to make yourself if you have any sewing skills at all.

Here's some cuties.

the-history-of-aprons-featured-image.jpg

The classic French maid look:

images

Or go really frilly.

f5241e0b9f2ec3c1b77f4891e0736212--sewing-aprons-kitchen-aprons.jpg

Arthur Brain

I bet that's an imaginary flip side.
I wouldn't trade washing dishes and sweeping floors for lifting heavy stinking garbage cans all day long.

Well, in the 'traditional' sense, women were associated with doing the menial household chores etc. That changed but then women having jobs with any sort of authority would have caused an aneurysm with patriarchs. Women can - and do - hold jobs such as manual labour nowadays and they're still women, from roofers to executive managers. They're not losing femininity because of that - unless it's a view that can't handle women having careers and not being tied to the sink.

Eagles Wings

Aprons should make a comeback.
Not only are they practical and protect your clothing, but they can add a touch of femininity even if you are wearing jeans and a t-shirt.
And they are easy to make yourself if you have any sewing skills at all.

Here's some cuties.

the-history-of-aprons-featured-image.jpg

The classic French maid look:

images

Or go really frilly.

f5241e0b9f2ec3c1b77f4891e0736212--sewing-aprons-kitchen-aprons.jpg

I love aprons. They are making a comeback as I see them more now.

I have one that is made of blue jean material.

Great for gardening.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I'm glad you joined the thread.

I am disgusted by women going around wearing pink vagina caps on their heads.
I was especially disturbed by a march in which women brought young adolescent girls to these events wearing a vulgar vagina cap and carrying a sign saying my **kitty cat** will bite back.
What sort of woman with any class at all would dress their young daughter in something so vulgar, and let her carry a sign with such a vulgar statement on it?

It's embarrassing to watch women act this way.

yep - embarrassing and shameful, agreed. To protest being reduced to a sex object while portraying oneself as only that:
Spoiler

attachment.php

hidden because images are pretty gross.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I was watching a television programme a few weeks back; it was on the topic of women being sexually harassed by men in the workplace. What I noticed is all five of these women were dressed in the most sexy business suits imaginable. They looked like they were doing their utmost to be, not only attractive, but sexually appealing.

It seems they expected men to not have a normal male libido , yet when men seem passive they find them unattractive.

It seems to become a rather biased way to have more control; why not do and dress what they preach? When women dress more conservative, it says they are all business, not personal.

None of these women were ordinary looking:confused:
I agree with this in part. The one nit I have is the assumption, regularly bought into by men, that their libido is something that is uncontrollable as if they were rutting beasts that cannot control themselves. Yes, a woman may present herself provocatively, but that gives no warrant to the man to suddenly be lusting after the woman, as if he cannot help himself. I am often visually confronted by provocatively attired females. One need only visit the local mall. Sigh.

Have I no ability, no instruction to deal with this? Sure I do. For one, I can immediately avert my eyes, or spend time with my head pointed downward, while moving my thoughts elsewhere, begging forgiveness of My Lord for any immodest thinking. I can rely upon the teachings of Scripture (Psalm 119:11) to steel myself from temptation. From the disciplining of one's mind rooted in Scripture, these occasions of potential sin soon begin to fade, and a male can actually lift up his head and look upon one of God's fairest creations without immediately turning to sin.

Too much of what I have read on this topic assumes a male is instinctively driven and therefore women need undertake precautions as if they live in a predatory, jungle like environment. It is a terrible indictment of men; an unfair burden upon women that need not be so. Sadly, most men assume what is not assumable, thereby giving themselves excuses for bad behavior. Sure, women can take some prudent heed to not giving others occasion to sin, but we men can and should do better.

AMR