ECT WILL PENTECOSTALS TELL US WHY ??

oatmeal

Hi to all , and in Acts 2:1 on the Day of Pentecost , they were ONE accord in one place !

And in verse 2 , there came a mighty Rushing wind !

Did you FEEL the Wind ?

Then there appeared unto them CLOVEN TONGUES like as FIRE , and sat on each of them !

The Pentecostals claim is that IF you have not been Baptized as in Acts 3 , you can not be saved !

If you were Baptized as those in Acts 2:1-4 , then , it is a group Baptism of the Holy Spirit !

Did you have A CLOVEN TONGUE of FIRE sitting on you ??

Explain the CLOVEN TONGUE ?

Explain , why Fire is used , and it's meaning ?

How were you able to receive HOLY SPIRIT and is it part of Salvation ??

DAN P

There was no fire there.

Acts 2:1-4

And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.

2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.

3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.

4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

It was LIKE AS of fire.

It was like fire, but it was not fire.

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There was no fire there.

Acts 2:1-4

And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.

2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.

3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.

4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

It was LIKE AS of fire.

It was like fire, but it was not fire.
That is clear and simple, "Like as"

Ever noticed that if some topic or idea really bothers some of the TOL forum members, that they will rag on it, beat it death, run it up one side and the other, try kill it, derail the thread, and believe that unless they say so everybody and everything is wrong with whatever.

What a small and petty life they must live.

Aimiel

Early church believers saw manifestations and in this day we will begin to see similar manifestations as God brings in more than ever before into His Kingdom.

oatmeal

That is clear and simple, "Like as"

Ever noticed that if some topic or idea really bothers some of the TOL forum members, that they will rag on it, beat it death, run it up one side and the other, try kill it, derail the thread, and believe that unless they say so everybody and everything is wrong with whatever.

What a small and petty life they must live.

I agree, yet, everyone who is genuinely seeking God is going to run into some serious challenges. Some of their preconceived notions will be dashed to pieces by scripture. Ego and pride are enemies to our learning and maturity.

We must learn to remain humble and meek so that we can continue to learn.

We, the created must become and remain and become more humble and meek to the Creator.

But, a mistake I made, humility is not beating oneself up, it includes being humble so we come to accepting God's forgiveness and forgiving ourselves. Philippians 3:13-14. Romans 5:1

God is rich in mercy, we can be likewise. Ephesians 2:4 Romans 12:8, Ephesians 5:1

It is interesting that God accepted the heart and sacrifice of Elijah and showed it by fire.

I Kings 18:36-39

36 And it came to pass at the time of the offering of the evening sacrifice, that Elijah the prophet came near, and said, Lord God of Abraham, Isaac, and of Israel, let it be known this day that thou art God in Israel, and that I am thy servant, and that I have done all these things at thy word.

37 Hear me, O Lord, hear me, that this people may know that thou art the Lord God, and that thou hast turned their heart back again.

38 Then the fire of the Lord fell, and consumed the burnt sacrifice, and the wood, and the stones, and the dust, and licked up the water that was in the trench.

39 And when all the people saw it, they fell on their faces: and they said, The Lord, he is the God; the Lord, he is the God.

oatmeal

Early church believers saw manifestations and in this day we will begin to see similar manifestations as God brings in more than ever before into His Kingdom.

God's power in our lives glorifies God and draws the hungry to God and His word.

DAN P

Three questions here:
1. What did Jesus offer that the Jews rejected?
2. Since Jesus was not restoring the physical kingdom as prophesied, were the Jews in the right by rejecting Jesus? Is this an option for them?
3. I don't see where it says they were "put aside" in these passages. You know greek better than me, so does the greek indicate a "putting aside"?

Hi , and John 12:39-42 !!

Verse 40 . He ( God ) has blinded there EYES and hardened their HEARTS , that they should not SEE with there Eyes , nor understand with their HEARTS and be CONVERTED , and I ( God ) should HEAL them !!

This is a Prophecy from Isaiah 6:6-10 !

Every one needs to not only to study 2 Tim 2:15 and study and understand the OT !!

DAN P

Last edited:

turbosixx

Verse 40 . He ( God ) has blinded there EYES and hardened their HEARTS , that they should not SEE with there Eyes , nor understand with their HEARTS and be CONVERTED , and I ( God ) should HEAL them !!

Every one needs to not only to study 2 Tim 2:15 and sudy and understand the OT !!

DAN P

I fail to see how this passage addresses any of my questions.

turbosixx

Every one needs to not only to study 2 Tim 2:15 and sudy and understand the OT !!

DAN P

Are you saying this is where they were set aside? I don't see anything about being set aside, and looking a little further in the same passage, we see they chose not to convert.

Jn. 12:42 Nevertheless many even of the rulers believed in Him, but because of the Pharisees they were not confessing Him, for fear that they would be put out of the synagogue; 43for they loved the approval of men rather than the approval of God.

DAN P

I agree, as far as I can see, everything in conversion is preceded by baptism except receiving the HS which comes with baptism. If we look at the order in Acts 2:38 "Repent, and each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.”

Totally agree.

]

Hi , and WHY do you agree , when the CONTEXT in verse 36 , Peter is talking to THE HOUSE of Israel ??

There are no one here in the Body of Christ as no one yet KNOW that there is a Body of Christ ?

Gal 3:28 TRUMPS Acts 2:38 , don't you see !!:rotfl::rotfl:

dan p

Last edited:

turbosixx

Hi , and WHY do you agree , when the CONTEXT in verse 36 , Peter is talking to THE HOUSE of Israel ??

There ate no one here in the Body of Christ as no one yet KNOW that there is a Body of Christ ?

Gal 3:28 TRUMPS Acts 2:38 , don't you see !!:rotfl::rotfl:

dan p

Tell me, what were these people added to?
Acts 2:41 So then, those who had received his word were baptized; and that day there were added about three thousand souls.

DAN P

Tell me, what were these people added to?
Acts 2:41 So then, those who had received his word were baptized; and that day there were added about three thousand souls.

Hi and these are the EKKLESIA / ASSEMBLY that Saul was persecuting !!

EKKLESIA ,meaning a calling out of people like from EGYPT , have I called my Son !!

So , what was the word that they Received ?

Verse 37 says they were PIERCED through the Heart , WHY ?

They realized , from Peter's preaching that they had killed there MESSIAH , and they said " WHAT SHALL WE DO ??

In , other words , WE killed Him and He is Dead , we can not raise the dead !!

Then Peter tells them to REPENT of His Murder and be BAPTIZO / CLEANSED in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of sins , and receive the gift of the Holy Spirit .

This forgiveness was ONLY for Israel and for Usrael only !!

#1 , The verb " said " is in the Greek Imperfect Tense and means that it is somrthing that happened in Aorist Tense or Past Tense and then stopped .

#2 , The verb " repent " is in the Past Tense also and meant for that time and not for today !!

#3 , The verb be " baptizo " is also in the Aorist Tense or Past Tense and only for Israel !

#4 , The verb " ye shall " is in the Greek Future Tense , because that is when Israel's DUE DATE to be Born Again will happen , at the Second Coning of Christ and save Israel , at the End of the Great Tribulation and those that Endure to the END !!

DAN P

Last edited:

turbosixx

Hi and these are the EKKLESIA / ASSEMBLY that Saul was persecuting !!

EKKLESIA ,meaning a calling out of people likr from EGYPT , have I called my Son !!

So , what was the word that they Received ?

Verse 37 says they were PIERCED through the Heart , WHY ?

They realized , from Peter's preaching that they had killed there MESSIAH , and they said " WHAT SHALL WE DO ??

In , other words , WE killed Him and He is Dead , we can not raise the dead !!

Then Peter tells them to REPENT of His Murder and be BAPTIZO / CLEANSED in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of sins , and receive the gift of the Holy Spirit .

This forgiveness was ONLY for Israel and for Usrael only !!

#1 , The verb " said " is in the Greek Imperfect Tense and means that it is somrthing that happened in Aorist Tense or Past Tense and then stopped .

#2 , The verb " repent " is in the Past Tense also and meant for that time and not for today !!

#3 , The verb be " baptizo " is also in the Aorist Tense or Past Tense and only for Israel !

#4 , The verb " ye shall " is in teh Greek Future Tense , because that is when Israel's DUE DATE to be Born Again will happen , at the Second Coning of Christ and saved Israel , at the End of the Great Tribulation and those that Endure to the END !!

DAN P

So what were they added to?

DAN P

So what were they added to?

Hi and are the disciple and are the MESSIANNIC ASSEMBLY as the YET is nothing called the Body of Christ >

This is why in Rom 16: 7 , there are some in Christ before Paul BUT not the Body of Christ !!

It is impossible , as anyone that is BAPTIZO / PLACED into the Body loses there Identity as in the Body of Christ there are NEITHER Jews and Greek , Gal 3:28 !!

They then become the " LITTLE FLOCK " in Luke 12:32 !!

You Pentecostals , seem to have no knowledge about simple things , do you ??

dan p

turbosixx

Hi and are the disciple and are the MESSIANNIC ASSEMBLY as the YET is nothing called the Body of Christ >

This is why in Rom 16: 7 , there are some in Christ before Paul BUT not the Body of Christ !!

It is impossible , as anyone that is BAPTIZO / PLACED into the Body loses there Identity as in the Body of Christ there are NEITHER Jews and Greek , Gal 3:28 !!

They then become the " LITTLE FLOCK " in Luke 12:32 !!

You Pentecostals , seem to have no knowledge about simple things , do you ??

dan p

Can you show me this "MESSIANNIC ASSEMBLY" in scripture?

revpete

Could you please show me how you come to this conclusion using scripture.

Hi,

Look at all the instances of baptism in the NT. All are performed with at least one other person in attendance, after all you never read of anyone baptising themselves do you? Our Lord Himself said: "Whoever shall confess Me before men, him also will I confess before My Father which is in heaven." Matt. 10:32. This confession can be by word or by action or by both!

That's the whole point of baptism. Haven't you been baptised in water then? 💦

Pete 👤

revpete

I agree, but I don't see that it creates a conflict with other passages.

How were the thief's sins forgiven if Christ hadn't offered his blood for the sins of the world yet?

His sins were forgiven on the basis of what The Lord would/was accomplishing by His death on the cross. Then we have The Lord's promise that he would be with Him in paradise.

Pete 👤

DAN P

Can you show me this "MESSIANNIC ASSEMBLY" in scripture?

Hi , and this never IS brought up !!

#1 , Only the LORD was ADDING to this EKKLESIA /ASSEMBLY as is written in Acts 2:47 ?

#2 , These people were all Jews !!

#3 , The verb " ADDING " is in the Greek Imperfect Tense , Active Voice and in the Indicative Mood .

#4 , The Imperfect Tense means the Lord did " ADD " BUT STOPPED adding as ACTS 28:28 APPROACHED !!

#5 ,It is in the Active Voice and means that the subject ( the LORD ) is producing the Action of " OF ADDING ."

#6 And many call it the Messiannic ASSEMBLY as there MESSIAH is trying to get Israel to Repent and be Baptized , Matt 3:6 !!

#7 , It is in the Indicative Mood , which means it is a FACT , what I just wrote for you NOT to believe , for you are a Pentecostal !!

dan p

turbosixx

Hi , and this never IS brought up !!

#1 , Only the LORD was ADDING to this EKKLESIA /ASSEMBLY as is written in Acts 2:47 ?

#2 , These people were all Jews !!

#3 , The verb " ADDING " is in the Greek Imperfect Tense , Active Voice and in the Indicative Mood .

#4 , The Imperfect Tense means the Lord did " ADD " BUT STOPPED adding as ACTS 28:28 APPROACHED !!

#5 ,It is in the Active Voice and means that the subject ( the LORD ) is producing the Action of " OF ADDING ."

#6 And many call it the Messiannic ASSEMBLY as there MESSIAH is trying to get Israel to Repent and be Baptized , Matt 3:6 !!

#7 , It is in the Indicative Mood , which means it is a FACT , what I just wrote for you NOT to believe , for you are a Pentecostal !!

dan p

Here are the problems I see with your logic.

1. In scripture, I see the body, the kingdom and the church. If there is another name for God's collective people in the NT, please show me.
2. The "EKKLESIA" called out, is the church which Jesus purchased with his blood. Therefore, after his death, burial and resurrection, that is when people could start being added to the church which is the body of believers.
3. If, for sake of argument, IF the people in Acts 2:41 were added to the "Messiannic Assembly" and then stopped being added, what replaced the "Messiannic Assembly" or are they in a category all their own?
4. Being these people were Jews, weren't the Jews looking for the kingdom. Since this isn't the ,in your view, promised kingdom did these people have the option to reject Peter?
5. Wouldn't it make sense that the gospel was presented to the Jews first since the bible tell us the gospel is for the Jew FIRST?

Rom. 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile.