Will Hunter Biden's laptop sink Joe Biden's presidency?

Will Hunter Biden's laptop force Joe Biden to either resign or be impeached?

• Total voters

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
The contents of the laptop were alleged to be Russian disinfo by Joe Biden and his defenders (interestingly, Hunter stayed quiet about it), but it has since been deemed authentic.

Here's a useful flashback to 2020, when they were trying to ascertain if the emails were genuine, and why:

hunter-biden-story-russian-disinfo-430276

In the intervening two years, other sources have authenticated the laptop, it seems the current furor is over how long it took the NYT to do it. I don't really care. In the meantime, there's been other, much bigger stuff going on, like a global pandemic, an insurrection, and a war in Europe.

I don't know all of the sordid details, but basically, Hunter "sold influence" overseas by arranging meetings between monied individuals and Hunter's father, who was VPOTUS at the time. Hunter would charge money for this service and Joe would get a cut, which seems like it must be illegal on some level to me.

There simply is no proof of this allegation. Nothing to show it happened.

Then Hunter would go off on days-long crack-smoking binges and get it on with prostitutes--because it's not like he had a real job to go to every day. He was actually dumb enough to take video and photos of himself doing these things, which he stored on his laptop. Then he was dumb enough to bring the laptop to a repair service when it quit working. And then he was dumb enough to forget about it and leave it there. The computer repair guy then discovered the contents of the computer and turned it in, and here we are.

Hunter seems to have lived a troubled life, and he's not out of the woods yet on some of his legal issues, including his not registering with FARA. But those are his problems, and should have no bearing on Joe Biden's presidency, since Joe Biden is not involved. Hunter's planned meeting never happened, and at the same time, Hunter knew the limitations. From the NYT article:

In some of the emails, Mr. Biden displayed a familiarity with FARA, and a desire to avoid triggering it.
In one email to Mr. Archer in April 2014, Mr. Biden outlined his vision for working with Burisma. In the email, Hunter Biden indicated that the forthcoming announcement of a trip to Ukraine by Vice President Biden — who is referred to in the email as “my guy,” but not by name — should “be characterized as part of our advice and thinking — but what he will say and do is out of our hands.”
The announcement “could be a really good thing or it could end up creating too great an expectation. We need to temper expectations regarding that visit,” Hunter Biden wrote.​
Vice President Biden traveled to Kyiv, the Ukrainian capital, about a week after the email.​
In the same April 2014 email, Hunter Biden indicated that Burisma’s officials “need to know in no uncertain terms that we will not and cannot intervene directly with domestic policymakers, and that we need to abide by FARA and any other U.S. laws in the strictest sense across the board.”
He suggested enlisting the law firm where he worked at the time, Boies Schiller Flexner, to help Burisma through “direct discussions at state, energy and NSC,” referring to two cabinet departments and the National Security Council at the White House.​
The firm “can devise a media plan and arrange for legal protections and mitigate U.S. domestic negative press regarding the current leadership if need be,” Mr. Biden wrote in the email.​
Mr. Biden, Mr. Archer, Boies Schiller Flexner and Blue Star Strategies did not register under FARA on behalf of Burisma. From the NYT:​

I have a theory about all of that. I believe that the authorities, the news media, and the Republican establishment all worked together to suppress this story because they knew we had a bigger bullet to dodge--that being the second term of Trump's presidency. We did indeed dodge that bullet, but now we have to deal with this mess.

I disagree. After the Comey boondoggle right before the 2016 election, they were understandably wary. So now this was October 2020, and was it an October surprise, meant to sway the 2020 election? The press had every reason to be careful. Sometimes you have to fall back on Occam's razor, and the simplest explanation is the best.

Last edited:

marke

Here's a useful flashback to 2020, when they were trying to ascertain if the emails were genuine, and why:

hunter-biden-story-russian-disinfo-430276

In the intervening two years, other sources have authenticated the laptop, it seems the current furor is over how long it took the NYT to do it. I don't really care. In the meantime, there's been other, much bigger stuff going on, like a global pandamic, an insurrection, and a war in Europe.

Hunter seems to have lived a troubled life, and he's not out of the woods yet on some of his legal issues, including his not registering with FARA. But those are his problems, and should have no bearing on Joe Biden's presidency, since Joe Biden is not involved. Hunter's planned meeting never happened, and at the same time, Hunter knew the limitations. From the NYT article:

In some of the emails, Mr. Biden displayed a familiarity with FARA, and a desire to avoid triggering it.
In one email to Mr. Archer in April 2014, Mr. Biden outlined his vision for working with Burisma. In the email, Hunter Biden indicated that the forthcoming announcement of a trip to Ukraine by Vice President Biden — who is referred to in the email as “my guy,” but not by name — should “be characterized as part of our advice and thinking — but what he will say and do is out of our hands.”
The announcement “could be a really good thing or it could end up creating too great an expectation. We need to temper expectations regarding that visit,” Hunter Biden wrote.​
Vice President Biden traveled to Kyiv, the Ukrainian capital, about a week after the email.​
In the same April 2014 email, Hunter Biden indicated that Burisma’s officials “need to know in no uncertain terms that we will not and cannot intervene directly with domestic policymakers, and that we need to abide by FARA and any other U.S. laws in the strictest sense across the board.”
He suggested enlisting the law firm where he worked at the time, Boies Schiller Flexner, to help Burisma through “direct discussions at state, energy and NSC,” referring to two cabinet departments and the National Security Council at the White House.​
The firm “can devise a media plan and arrange for legal protections and mitigate U.S. domestic negative press regarding the current leadership if need be,” Mr. Biden wrote in the email.​
Mr. Biden, Mr. Archer, Boies Schiller Flexner and Blue Star Strategies did not register under FARA on behalf of Burisma. From the NYT:​

I disagree. After the Comey boondoggle right before the 2016 election, they were understandably wary. So now this was October 2020, and was it an October surprise, meant to sway the 2020 election? The press had every reason to be careful. Sometimes you have to fall back on Occam's razor, and the simplest explanation is the best.
Democrats lied in efforts to give crooked Hillary the election over Trump. They failed in their goal, causing them to double down on lying in effort to cover up these disproven lies. And so the wicked cycle continues.

A Democratic Party leader in Colorado has been exposed on video admitting that Democrats intend to rig the presidential election to beat President Trump.
In the video, Jacks says lying, cheating, and stealing are all considered “morally acceptable” actions if they help Democrat nominee Joe Biden defeat Trump.
“I will lie. I will cheat. I will steal. Because that’s ‘morally acceptable’ in this political environment. Absolutely. We are pirates on a pirate ship,” he goes on.
“I want to make this point very loudly and very clearly.”

“I said it nicely before, but I’ll say it more curtly now: 2020 is a political revolution.”

I said it before. There are likely thousands of democrats who know democrats stole the 2020 election because they themselves participated in the widespread fraud they claim did not exist. How disgusting.

Last edited:

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned

Hunter made a lot of money, and yet he didn't have a real job. What was he doing to make all that money?

There are at least two people who knew the laptop was real all along--Hunter Biden and Joe Biden. But Hunter faded into the woodwork while Joe claimed it was "Russian disinformation!"

Last edited:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Hunter made a lot of money, and yet he didn't have a real job. What was he doing to make all that money?

How much money, what were his income streams? Any supporting info you can offer?

And again: What proof do you have that "Hunter would charge money for this service and Joe would get a cut?"

There are at least two people who knew the laptop was real all along--Hunter Biden and Joe Biden. But Hunter faded into the woodwork while Joe claimed it was "Russian disinformation!"

Hunter never said much about anything. Nor really, did he have to. As for Joe, I'm still unconvinced about some of the details of how this all came about. And if the emails don't prove anything, just saying there are emails, without any proof that would incriminate the presidential candidate, how is it not disinformation if that's how it's being peddled, both then and now? Because absent credible proof that "Joe would get a cut" of anything Hunter was doing, how are you not peddling disinformation yourself?

marke

How much money, what were his income streams? Any supporting info you can offer?

And again: What proof do you have that "Hunter would charge money for this service and Joe would get a cut?"

Hunter never said much about anything. Nor really, did he have to. As for Joe, I'm still unconvinced about some of the details of how this all came about. And if the emails don't prove anything, just saying there are emails, without any proof that would incriminate the presidential candidate, how is it not disinformation if that's how it's being peddled, both then and now? Because absent credible proof that "Joe would get a cut" of anything Hunter was doing, how are you not peddling disinformation yourself?
How much of the Biden story remains covered by crooks for self-preservation reasons? How much has been revealed already about the crooked dealings of American politicians?

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Here are a few good references:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Here are a few good references:

User Name, because you're one of the few I'd give the benefit of the doubt to here, I actually read all four links instead of blowing them off and asking you why you couldn't summarize in your own words how they support your allegations. But after reading all four links, they don't do the job either.

You said, again: "Hunter would charge money for this service and Joe would get a cut"

and there's nothing here which proves anything of the sort. And after two GOP investigatory committees, don't you think if there was something to be found they'd have been on it like rabid dogs on a three-legged cat?

Now was Hunter in the business of influence peddling? Quite possibly. Did Joe aid him in that? There's been no credible proof. Did Joe benefit himself? Again, no credible proof. In fact:

Your link #1 mainly speaks to interest, whose interest, and why. No proof of wrongdoing is offered.

Your link #2 says: "

Has anything been proven against the Bidens?​

While no criminal activity has been proven, it has raised questions about potential conflicts of interest.​
A senior State Department official raised such concerns as far back as 2015.​
US Republican lawmakers launched an investigation and found last year that Hunter's work for the Ukrainian firm had been "problematic" - but there wasn't evidence that US foreign policy was influenced by it.​
No criminal charges were proven against Burisma either. The company issued a statement in 2017 saying "all legal proceedings and pending criminal allegations" against it were closed.​
Last year, Yuriy Lutsenko, the prosecutor in Ukraine who succeeded Viktor Shokin, told the BBC that there was no reason to investigate the Bidens under Ukrainian law.​
There is nothing illegal about sitting on a board of a company whilst family members serve in government.​
Your link #3 says:
This is obviously just one side and the documents do not show a direct role or benefit for Joe Biden.​
Your link#4 is a polemical, referring to Hunter as a "lowlife" and a "deadbeat," which isn't a good look, but beyond that, even with the headline being that it was always about "Joe's corruption," the only thing offered for that was the firing of Shokin, which doesn't hold water and an unsubstantiated claim by Bobulinski (who had an axe to grind) that "China’s state-owned energy giant CEFC was investing $5 million in Sinohawk. Rather than wiring money to the company, however, CEFC paid the Biden family directly." Sounds highly implausible to me, and if it was in any way provable, I have no doubt those rabid dogs would've caught that cat.

Some day, my confidence that Joe Biden has done nothing wrong in these cases, of either an ethical or criminal nature, may prove to be misplaced. Until that day, this is another right-wing red-herring designed to keep the partisan fires stoked. Again - frankly, I won't care about Hunter Biden's laptop until the right starts caring about the Trump family grift.

Last edited:

Skeeter

Banned
It should be illegal for children of politicians to imply access or control of the public figure in order to get lucrative positions in foreign countries, but its not.

Is there proof that Biden made a different decision based on paying back a favor? What influence does a Vice President have unless she is breaking a tie in the Senate? Having the President's ear isn't binding. Politicians who accept funds for access is part of our system. Donor dinners are exactly that. When no quid pro quo is made - nothing is considered wrong there.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
You said, again: "Hunter would charge money for this service and Joe would get a cut"

and there's nothing here which proves anything of the sort. And after two GOP investigatory committees, don't you think if there was something to be found they'd have been on it like rabid dogs on a three-legged cat?

Not necessarily. Much of the Republican establishment was about as keen to dump Trump as the Democrats were. This information was available to them then and they didn't do much with it. Now, that's shaping up to be a different story.

Sounds highly implausible to me, and if it was in any way provable, I have no doubt those rabid dogs would've caught that cat.

This is still a developing story under investigation. And it's just like with Trump. Surely Trump did something--at least one thing--for which he could be charged! So what's the hold-up? Merrick Garland, anyone?

marke

User Name, because you're one of the few I'd give the benefit of the doubt to here, I actually read all four links instead of blowing them off and asking you why you couldn't summarize in your own words how they support your allegations. But after reading all four links, they don't do the job either.

Now was Hunter in the business of influence peddling? Quite possibly. Did Joe aid him in that? There's been no credible proof. Did Joe benefit himself? Again, no credible proof. In fact:

Your link #1 mainly speaks to interest, whose interest, and why. No proof of wrongdoing is offered.

Your link #2 says: "

Has anything been proven against the Bidens?​

While no criminal activity has been proven, it has raised questions about potential conflicts of interest.​
A senior State Department official raised such concerns as far back as 2015.​
US Republican lawmakers launched an investigation and found last year that Hunter's work for the Ukrainian firm had been "problematic" - but there wasn't evidence that US foreign policy was influenced by it.​
No criminal charges were proven against Burisma either. The company issued a statement in 2017 saying "all legal proceedings and pending criminal allegations" against it were closed.​
Last year, Yuriy Lutsenko, the prosecutor in Ukraine who succeeded Viktor Shokin, told the BBC that there was no reason to investigate the Bidens under Ukrainian law.​
There is nothing illegal about sitting on a board of a company whilst family members serve in government.​
Your link #3 says:
This is obviously just one side and the documents do not show a direct role or benefit for Joe Biden.​
Your link#4 is a polemical, referring to Hunter as a "lowlife" and a "deadbeat," which isn't a good look, but beyond that, even with the headline being that it was always about "Joe's corruption," the only thing offered for that was the firing of Shokin, which doesn't hold water and an unsubstantiated claim by Bobulinski (who had an axe to grind) that "China’s state-owned energy giant CEFC was investing $5 million in Sinohawk. Rather than wiring money to the company, however, CEFC paid the Biden family directly." Sounds highly implausible to me, and if it was in any way provable, I have no doubt those rabid dogs would've caught that cat.

Some day, my confidence that Joe Biden has done nothing wrong in these cases, of either an ethical or criminal nature, may prove to be misplaced. Until that day, this is another right-wing red-herring designed to keep the partisan fires stoked. Again - frankly, I won't care about Hunter Biden's laptop until the right starts caring about the Trump family grift.
Did Joe rape Tara? If one is determined to believe the lies he doesn't care about what the evidence shows or what Tara says. She does not matter to those protecting creepy Joe Pro Quo. The same thing is true about Hunter and his laptop. Those who are determined to reject any evidence suggesting the Bidens were guilty of corruption will reject out of hand what the facts show to the contrary.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Not necessarily. Much of the Republican establishment was about as keen to dump Trump as the Democrats were. This information was available to them then and they didn't do much with it. Now, that's shaping up to be a different story.

But who seems to be running the show in the GOP? Certainly not the establishment, just ask Liz Cheney. No, it's those who'd salivate at the idea of taking down Joe Biden and wouldn't pass up the chance if they had any proof.

This is still a developing story under investigation. And it's just like with Trump. Surely Trump did something--at least one thing--for which he could be charged! So what's the hold-up? Merrick Garland, anyone?

Came across this this morning. I'd forgotten about Lev Parnas.

Last edited:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
But who seems to be running the show in the GOP? Certainly not the establishment, just ask Liz Cheney. No, it's those who'd salivate at the idea of taking down Joe Biden and wouldn't pass up the chance if they had any proof.

Came across this this morning. I'd forgotten about Lev Parnas.

trump and his cult have either dismissed or covered for trump’s illegal and unethical behaviour in such a way that I simply shrug off ALL allegations that come from their lying lips.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned

Establishment Republican opposition to Trump is totally covert. Publically, they knew they had to ride the Trump wave because their base demanded it, but privately, they conspire against him. Those Republicans who go public against Trump (Liz Cheney, etc.) are opposed for that reason.

And when I speak of "establishment Republicans" I'm not talking about the crazies (e.g., Guiliani, MTG, Josh Hawley, Matt Gaetz, etc), whose support for Trump is real. I'm talking about the pragmatic wing of the Republican Party, represented foremost by Mitch McConnell. They rode the Trump wave for their own self-interests but they are also more than happy to betray him when and if it is politically expedient for them to do so.

marke

trump and his cult have either dismissed or covered for trump’s illegal and unethical behaviour in such a way that I simply shrug off ALL allegations that come from their lying lips.
Poor, deluded leftist Marxists suffer from extreme hatred of truth and facts.

Skeeter

Banned
Content from Hunter Biden's laptop was put in another laptop to conceal the source. Russia hacked the data and then a blind repairman found it to hide Russia's role.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Content from Hunter Biden's laptop was put in another laptop to conceal the source. Russia hacked the data and then a blind repairman found it to hide Russia's role.
"It could be real, it could be fake, it could be Russian disinformation, it could have been stolen from me, for real, I just don't know!" -- Hunter Biden