Why would God need a hell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mickiel

Why would God need a hell, when he is the Lord of Life? Why would God need a place of punishing, when he is the Lord of Forgiveness? Why would God need a place of pain, when he is the Lord of Healing?

Mickiel

If God was counting up our sins, or keeping tab of them, we would be in trouble; but God is not like that. Ps. 130:3 " If you would keep track of our sins, O Lord, who could stand?" But there is Forgiveness with you."

See this is why eternal hell punishing is a trick of satan; God has our sins covered. When will the believers in God who preach that unbelievers are doomed, when will they open their eyes and hearts?

way 2 go

You have a misunderstanding of the law of karma, apparently....since it doesn't seek out evil, but is an impersonal law governing all cause/effect relationships, actions and consequences. 'Karma' simply means 'action' which includes all its effects.

murder a person -1 ,fornicate have a child +1 = even

reality is sin separates you from God
Rom_7:9 I was once alive apart from the law, but when the commandment came, sin came alive and I died.

Do not be deceived, God(law) is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap. - Gal. 6:7
not about karma its about sin

Gal 6:7 Do not be deceived: God is not mocked, for whatever one sows, that will he also reap.
Gal 6:8 For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life.

eternal life is not earned it is a free gift

Rom_6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

This is universal law. Action-sequence-consequence. Yes, this law evens out all scores, in perfect measure, in rightful proportion, it is equitable, wholly fair, the natural course of movement and its effects.
clearly not happening anywhere

judgement day tho
Heb_9:27 And just as it is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment,

One only reaps what he sows, and no less or more, so is responsible only for that measure, which is measured back to him. The 'law of compensation' is wholly proportionate, never excessive as in the horrid doctrine of
karma is a lie
it is either eternal life or eternal spiritual death

Joh 5:24 Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life.
Joh 5:25 "Truly, truly, I say to you, an hour is coming, and is now here, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who hear will live.

KingdomRose

The 'child of hell' referred to is anyone who doesn't have a grasp of revelation Truth. Those who deny the Bible-based Truth of hell and / or universalists fall into the category of 'twice the Child of Hell'.

There is no truth in the existence of a fiery hell. I have given extensive evidence of the truth that there are three words translated as "hell" and they all mean something different. When examined, this information would lead one to the conclusion that "hell" means three things, depending on where it is found: (1) the grave, (2) obliteration, or (3) a debased spiritual state. Fire is used to denote things other than conscious physical torture. It is used to signify complete annihilation.

Jesus never taught hell-fire and it is insulting him to say that he did.

YOU seem to be "twice the child of hell."

KingdomRose

If you fail to warn the sinnerman to turn from his sin and he does not turn God will require it at your hands.

Some smart folks on this thread, but we prefer the simplicity of God's word. God's word did not lie about salvation, we do not expect what God says about the fate of the wicked to be a lie either.

That is correct, and God said that the wicked will be destroyed; they will perish. He does not say that they will be bar-b-qued forever in conscious agony.

The LIE is that we "really will not die." That was what Satan wanted Eve to believe, and he wants all of us to believe. (Genesis 3:4) It is his idea that something within us escapes at death and goes somewhere else, fully conscious.

:devil:

KingdomRose

The gospel we preach turns nobody away...you preach hell more than we do, your whole life seems taken up with it. The more you try to deny it, the more it shows that it is in the bible.

No it is not, and I guess I'm the only one here (besides "Jehovah's Witness") who believes that it is not.

I thought Mickiel agreed with me, but he keeps beating a dead horse, like he doesn't know just what he believes.:deadhorse:

KingdomRose

Horse-feathers! Demons were NOT created to be demons. Every intelligent being that God made was given the privilege of FREE WILL. Certain angels that had been good decided to leave heaven and come down to Earth to have sex with human women. When they chose to rebel, they BECAME demons.

"The sons of God [angels] saw that the daughters of men were beautiful; and they took wives for themselves, whomever they chose." (Genesis 6:2, NASB)

Jesus was made alive in the spirit, "in which also he went and made proclamation to the spirits [the demons] now in prison, who once were disobedient...in the days of Noah, during the construction of the ark." (I Peter 3:19,20, NASB)

"For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but cast them into [Tartarus] and committed them to pits of darkness, reserved for judgment; and did not spare the ancient world, but preserved Noah...with 7 others, when He brought a flood upon the world of the ungodly...." (2 Peter 2:4,5, NASB)

"And angels who did not keep their own domain, but abandoned their proper abode, He has kept in eternal bonds under darkness for the judgment of the great day." (Jude 6, NASB)

Fallen angels. Demons. :eek:

I can't even get Mickiel to discuss something with me that HE brought up. So much for meaningful discussions.

Mickiel

Why would God need a hell, when he had all the time in eternity to figure out a way to save all of humanity before he made them?

oatmeal

Why would God need a place like this traditional eternal hell? Why would he co-exist with such a place in eternity? Does God need a garbage dump for humans? How and when did the grave become the traditional explination of hell?

God doesn't and he made no such thing.

Romans 6:23 The wages of sin is death, not eternal torment

John 3:16

All are dead because of sin.

If we choose God, get saved, Romans 10:9-10, then we have eternal life.

Mickiel

God doesn't and he made no such thing.

Romans 6:23 The wages of sin is death, not eternal torment

John 3:16

All are dead because of sin.

If we choose God, get saved, Romans 10:9-10, then we have eternal life.

Salvation is not a choice, its a destiny.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
"If God was counting up our sins, or keeping tab of them, we would be in trouble..."
Rom. 2:5–8

[Ps. 130:3]
"Ps 130:3 shouldest mark—or, “take strict account” (Job 10:14; 14:16), implying a confession of the existence of sin.

who shall stand—(Ps 1:6). Standing is opposed to the guilty sinking down in fear and self-condemnation (Mal 3:2; Rev 6:15, 16). The question implies a negative, which is thus more strongly stated.

Ps 130:4. Pardon produces filial fear and love. Judgment without the hope of pardon creates fear and dislike. The sense of forgiveness, so far from producing licentiousness, produces holiness (Je 33:9; Ez 16:62, 63; 1 Pe 2:16). “There is forgiveness with thee, not that thou mayest be presumed upon, but feared.”" Jamieson, R., Fausset, A. R., & Brown, D. (1997). Commentary Critical and Explanatory on the Whole Bible (Vol. 1, p. 386). Oak Harbor, WA: Logos Research Systems, Inc.

Mickiel

Salvation is a destiny, it was pre determined by God. In Rom. 8:29-30, " For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. More over whom he did predestinate , he also called, and whom he called he also justified, and whom he justified he glorified."

Here we can see salvation is a destiny, it is in fact a predetermined destiny. Now remember Christianity is selfish with salvation and the bible, they will try and teach that only they are predestined, because its their calling to limit salvation and exclude people from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.