Why would God need a hell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Lets look at more hope for unbelievers and those who reject God. In 1 John 2...

:think:

7 But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
"Who can separate unbelievers from the Love of Christ?"
Mt 25:32
Christians are trying...In Rom. 8:35
:yawn:

Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? [Rom. 8:35].

"He mentions everything imaginable here.

Is it possible that “tribulation” or trouble can separate us? No, my friend, because He won’t let it. “Distress or anguish?” Oh, you may think God has let you down, but He hasn’t. “Persecution”—and this means legal persecution. It means there are those who will carry on a campaign against you. But that will not separate you from the love of Christ. “Or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?” By the way, this is a brief biography of Paul’s life. He knows from experience that these will not separate you from Christ’s love." McGee, J. V. (1997). Thru the Bible commentary (electronic ed., Vol. 4, pp. 706–707). Nashville: Thomas Nelson.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
The very last verse in the bible is universal, " Rev. 22:21...t's for ALL!"

Ro 3:22

"Re 22:21. our—so Vulgate, Syriac, and Coptic. But A, B, and Aleph omit.

Christ—so B, Vulgate, Syriac, Coptic, and ANDREAS. But A and Aleph omit.

with you all—so none of our manuscripts. B has, “with all the saints.” A and Vulgate have, “with all.” Aleph has, “with the saints.” This closing benediction, Paul’s mark in his Epistles, was after Paul’s death taken up by John. The Old Testament ended with a “curse” in connection with the law; the New Testament ends with a blessing in union with the Lord Jesus." Jamieson, R., Fausset, A. R., & Brown, D. (1997). Commentary Critical and Explanatory on the Whole Bible (Vol. 2, p. 605). Oak Harbor, WA: Logos Research Systems, Inc.

Mickiel

Now think with me, why did God create humans? So that we can have life, be alive with him in eternity forever; that is why we exist. God loves us and sent his Son to cover our sins, 1 John 4:10

meshak

BANNED
Banned
In general if we're talking about UR within a biblical context, within Christianity,....UR certainly does believe that all souls shall be reconciled to God thru 'Christ' who is the redeeming agent. Lets not forget that,....Jesus is still the way, the truth and the life. When we specify our terms as 'Christian Universalism' or 'Biblical Universalism'....it definitely includes Jesus as the redeeming agent....since it is biblically centered.

Only a more liberal 'pure universalism' or 'Unitarian Universalism' includes ways of reunion with God that are outside a biblical context, being more syncretic or pluralistic in their world-view.

See:

Christian Universalism

Articles on Christian Universalism

I have talked to many UR and I know they preach you don't have to accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior to be saved.

You and Mickey are being dishonest.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Rev. 22:3...This eliminates the Christian myth of eternal hell...

"Re 22:3. no more curse—of which the earnest shall be given in the millennium (Zec 14:11). God can only dwell where the curse and its cause, the cursed thing sin (Jos 7:12), are removed. So there follows rightly, “But the throne of God and of the Lamb (who redeemed us from the curse, Ga 3:10, 13) shall be in it.” Compare in the millennium, Ez 48:35.

serve him—with worship (Rev 7:15)." Jamieson, R., Fausset, A. R., & Brown, D. (1997). Commentary Critical and Explanatory on the Whole Bible (Vol. 2, p. 603). Oak Harbor, WA: Logos Research Systems, Inc.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Lets look at more hope for unbelievers and those who reject God. In 1 John 2:2 " And he is the propitiation for our sins, ( our here is believers), and not OURS ONLY, but also for the sins of the WHOLE WORLD. Obvious universal salvation.

Offered, yes, given, no.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
In Rev. 22:7 And who ever will , let him take the water of life FREELY! Amen, its absolutely free!

"Re 22:7. “And” is omitted in Coptic and ANDREAS with English Version, but is inserted by A, B, Vulgate and Syriac.

blessed—(Rev 1:3).

8. Both here and in Rev 19:9, 10, the apostle’s falling at the feet of the angel is preceded by a glorious promise to the Church, accompanied with the assurance, that “These are the true sayings of God,” and that those are “blessed” who keep them. Rapturous emotion, gratitude, and adoration, at the prospect of the Church’s future glory transport him out of himself, so as all but to fall into an unjustifiable act; contrast his opposite feeling at the prospect of the Church’s deep fall [AUBERLEN], see on Rev 17:6; Rev 19:9, 10.

saw … and heard—A, B, Vulgate, and Syriac transpose these verbs. Translate literally, “I John (was he) who heard and saw these things.” It is observable that in Rev 19:10, the language is, “I fell before his feet to worship him”; but here, “I fell down to worship (God?) before the feet of the angel.” It seems unlikely that John, when once reproved, would fall into the very same error again. BENGEL’S view, therefore, is probable; John had first intended to worship the angel (Rev 19:10), but now only at his feet intends to worship (God). The angel does not even permit this." Jamieson, R., Fausset, A. R., & Brown, D. (1997). Commentary Critical and Explanatory on the Whole Bible (Vol. 2, p. 604). Oak Harbor, WA: Logos Research Systems, Inc.

ok doser

John 10:28, " I will GIVE them eternal life."

who is them?

26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

"them" is His sheep

but you?

you are not of His sheep

sorry dude - as much as you want to pretend, you're preaching a false gospel

and you, my obsessive little friend, are going to hell

have fun! :wave2:

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
In Rev. 19:1, Salvation is " Unto God." Salvation is God's thing, its not a result of human choice.

Ge 2:17

"Re 19:1. As in the case of the opening of the prophecy, Rev 4:8; 5:9, &c.; so now, at one of the great closing events seen in vision. the judgment on the harlot (described in Rev 18:1–24), there is a song of praise in heaven to God: compare Rev 7:10, &c., toward the close of the seals, and Rev 11:15–18, at the close of the trumpets: Rev 15:3, at the saints’ victory over the beast.

And—so ANDREAS. But A, B, C, Vulgate, Syriac, and Coptic omit.

a great voice—A, B, C, Vulgate, Coptic, and ANDREAS read, “as it were a great voice.” What a contrast to the lamentations Rev 18:1–24! Compare Je 51:48. The great manifestation of God’s power in destroying Babylon calls forth a great voice of praise in heaven.

people—Greek, “multitude.”

Alleluia—Hebrew, “Praise ye JAH,” or JEHOVAH: here first used in Revelation, whence ELLICOTT infers the Jews bear a prominent part in this thanksgiving. JAH is not a contraction of “JEHOVAH,” as it sometimes occurs jointly with the latter. It means “He who Is”: whereas Jehovah is “He who will be, is, and was.” It implies God experienced as a PRESENT help; so that “Hallelujah,” says KIMCHI in BENGEL, is found first in the Psalms on the destruction of the ungodly. “Hallelu-Jah” occurs four times in this passage. Compare Ps 149:4–9, which is plainly parallel, and indeed identical in many of the phrases, as well as the general idea. Israel, especially, will join in the Hallelujah, when “her warfare is accomplished” and her foe destroyed.

Salvation, &c.—Greek, “The salvation … the glory … the power.”

and honour—so Coptic. But A, B, C, and Syriac omit.

unto the Lord our God—so ANDREAS. But A, B, C, and Coptic read, “(Is) of our God,” that is, belongs to Him." Jamieson, R., Fausset, A. R., & Brown, D. (1997). Commentary Critical and Explanatory on the Whole Bible (Vol. 2, p. 595). Oak Harbor, WA: Logos Research Systems, Inc.

Mickiel

John 17:2, " As thou has given him power over ALL FLESH, so he can GIVE eternal life to as many you have given him." He gave him ALL flesh; now Jesus can GIVE eternal life to ALL flesh!

Its the job of religion to stop this and reduce it as much as they can. This is the fight you are witnessing now.

ok doser

John 17:2, " As thou has given him power over ALL FLESH, so he can GIVE eternal life to as many you have given him." He gave him ALL flesh; now Jesus can GIVE eternal life to ALL flesh!

Its the job of religion to stop this and reduce it as much as they can. This is the fight you are witnessing now.

:yawn:

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
John 10:28, " I will GIVE them eternal life."

If you think everyone will have eternal happy eternal life, then you are a lunkhead. If you think some, many actually, will have eternal life, happy or sad, maybe you are not.

Status
Not open for further replies.