ECT Why preterism can never be taken seriously by Bible believers

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
- tell us on record, that you can read/write/spell/speak/understand "the Greek"
-identify this "the Greek."

You can't read/write/spell/speak/understand Early Modern English, but that hasn't stopped you from being a King James Onlyist.

Does that mean you are a charlatan?

john w

Hall of Fame
Christ Jesus is the Promised Land.

Rest is only found in Christ Jesus, not in dirt in the Middle East.

As I predicted-his mysticism, Buddhism, as "land" use to mean "land," in hundreds of verses in the bible, including the Joshua passage, he cites/spams, as a "one trick pony" fraud, but now, it does not.

No, he is not, you vile deceiver. Land, means land, you punk, not withstanding your Buddhism, mysticism.

john w

Hall of Fame

The Greek word in 2 Thess 2:3 is "apostasia". Josephus used the word "apostasia" to describe the Jewish Revolt.

"The Greek...."-little arms Craigie

"aint"-this thread, Craigie

Before we go further, you deceitful fraud:

If you do not, as I've asked you, for years, that you are exposed, once again, as a charlatan, and plagiarizer.

Not a peep, from the Preterist mystic, Buddhist.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
As I predicted-his mysticism, Buddhism, as "land" use to mean "land," in hundreds of verses in the bible, including the Joshua passage, he cites/spams, as a "one trick pony" fraud, but now, it does not.

And " living water" used to mean rivers in the OC, but now it means the Holy Spirit in the NC.

(John 7:38-39) Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them.” 39 By this he meant the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were later to receive.

Danoh

I believe a literal resurrection of believers already took place in 70AD.
Since 70AD, believers who physically die, instantly received a new glorified body, and enter the kingdom...

Paul explains it a few verses earlier:

(Rom 8:10-11) But if Christ is in you, then even though your body is subject to death because of sin, the Spirit gives life because of righteousness. 11 And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because of his Spirit who lives in you.

Sheesh - talk about your reading things into passages, Tet.

Never mind the context of Romans 6-8.

The sense of those three chapters as to this issue being the fact that because He Who raised up Christ from the dead lives in the Believer, He will will enable said Believer to overcome his or her mortal body's inability to overcome the flesh.

Romans 6:

6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

9 Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.

How? Merely by walking in the Spirit.

How is this walking in the Spirit appropriated?

By reckoning - taking it as fact - that what the Spirit is declaring through Paul as to the Believer's reality in the Lord as to this issue IS the Believer's reality.

Romans 6:

11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.

He is talking Galatians 2:20's Believer's reality - "I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me."

john w

Hall of Fame

Rest is only found in Christ Jesus, not in dirt in the Middle East.

His cute little "dirt in the Middle east."

An atheist, to sweetie pie Craigie:If there is a God, he would not create an earth of dirt, and send this alleged son, to be born in some wooden stable, around dirt, in the Middle East, and allow him to be crucified to some wood, covered in dirt, in the Middle East....

Craigie:Er, uh, you see...

Stop "witnessing," you devil boy, as you drive others away, from our(not your)faith.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Land, of course, meant land, in the Joshua passage, but no more.

Correct.

The Israelites were in physical bondage in Egypt. Moses led them out of physical bondage, through physical water, and then into a physical promised land.

We were under the spiritual bondage of sin. Christ Jesus led us out of the spiritual bondage of sin, through a baptism by the Spirit, unto a spiritual promised land.

In both events, there was a 40 year wait before entering the promised lands.

john w

Hall of Fame
You can't read/write/spell/speak/understand Early Modern English, but that hasn't stopped you from being a King James Onlyist.

Does that mean you are a charlatan?

1.Show me where I ever said "the English," plagiarizer?

2. No such thing as "Early Modern English," sweetie. Prove it.

3. No such thing as "the Greek," you vile fraud. Prove it.

"The Greek...."-little arms Craigie

"aint"-this thread, Craigie

Before we go further, you deceitful fraud:

If you do not, as I've asked you, for years, that you are exposed, once again, as a charlatan, and plagiarizer.

He admits that he plagiarized that post-on record.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
He will will enable said Believer to overcome his or her mortal body's inability to overcome the flesh.

(Heb 2:18) Because he himself suffered when he was tempted, he is able to help those who are being tempted.

Too bad you're a Darby follower, and have to believe that Hebrews isn't written to you.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Yes.

And this literal land spiritually signifies the inheritance the saints were/are promised in Christ Jesus. The new Jerusalem! The new heavens and new earth! Life without end, IN HIM.

:thumb:

That's right Nang.

The Darby followers refuse to believe it because they don't want to give up their Dispensationalism.

john w

Hall of Fame
And " living water" used to mean rivers in the OC, but now it means the Holy Spirit in the NC.

(John 7:38-39) Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them.” 39 By this he meant the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were later to receive.

Made up-false dichotomy. Scripture often has a literal, and spiritual application, moron.

You, in deceit, however, employ the Joshua passage, to confirm, what you are trying to prove, asserting that "land" means "land," but, in the verses following the Joshua passage, which are numerous, all of a sudden, "land," no longer means "land," even though the promises after Joshua re. extended land promises, are identical, in context.

You are a deceitful mystic, charlatan, fraud, with your Preterist magic wand, that you must use, to make your Preterism "invention" work.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Hey, Nang, we're promised eternal life with God in Heaven. The House of Israel will receive the Kingdom here on earth during the Millennial Kingdom where Christ will reign on the throne of David. You Calvinists understand very little.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Scripture often has a literal, and spiritual application, moron.

Not at the same time.

Christ Jesus is the Promised Land. Those "in Christ" receive faith rest.

There is no literal application, it's 100% spiritual.

Danoh

That wasn't the only event that took place. As I have told you, many events took place during those days up to and including 70AD.

Josephus and Tacitus wrote of chariots being seen in the clouds. The Jewish and Babylonian Talmud's tell us there were all kinds of strange phenomena that took place.

You dismiss all of these claims because they cause problems for your Dispensationalism.

You mean the same Josephus who writes of Jerusalem having believed the Messiah would come and help them against Rome?

In other words - contrary to your assertion that the scoffers Jude is talking about was Jerusalem around that time.

Not to mention; it seems Josephus had had a better understanding of this then those few within ECF and Russell had misread into that.

By the way, you well know that your third poster boy: Russell (the lost Josephus being Preterism's #1, and the Jesuit Alcazar #2), used the same terminology as Bullinger when describing the book of Acts.

You well know that Russell had often referred to that period as "the Jewish Dispensation."

Does not make Russell a Bullingerite.

But, this post is not for you, Tet.

We both know your ears were long stopped up.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hey, Nang, we're promised eternal life with God in Heaven. The House of Israel will receive the Kingdom here on earth during the Millennial Kingdom where Christ will reign on the throne of David. You Calvinists understand very little.

Hey GM,

Go back to your Darby Summer Cheerleading Camp.

Nang

TOL Subscriber

The Kingdom where Christ will reign is promised "forever."

What will happen to any and all earthly kingdoms, when God destroys this present earth with fire?

They will all end . . .