Why men won't marry you

TrakeM

You'd prefer someone well used, huh? Hope you can keep up with her adventurous spirit and can deliver the goods else she may return to her former promiscuous lifestyle.

Where did you get that crazy idea about virgins? Consider the "sexually adventurous" woman you want was once a virgin, too. A wife is not like a race horse you buy from someone else, all broken in by several jockeys.
The issue of virginity is not a high priority to me. Of course, there is no telling what a woman will be like after you marry her and virginity is probably not a great predictor.

IMJerusha

The issue of virginity is not a high priority to me. Of course, there is no telling what a woman will be like after you marry her and virginity is probably not a great predictor.

My point and I think Angel's point as well, is that a womans virginity should be a high priority to her. She should value her potential husband and herself that much. I'm not stating that virginity is always an accurate measure of the character of a woman but when a man sees that a woman has that aspect to her character, he can see that she would value him similarly as well as the marriage.

I don't mean to insult you, Trake, but you should have more self-respect and the fact is that there are many men too lazy to teach a woman to be adventurous and trust me, we are very willing to become adventurous when something is pleasurable.

Dan Emanuel

Good thread.

Marriage has been secularly reduced to a legal contract. Survivorship benefits are a very important part of the contract. Even Christians who genuinely believe in Christ have fallen for modern, artificial ideals generated and guided and informed by legal conclusions drawn from the marriage legal contract. People seem to be making decisions about marriage based upon the characteristics of the contract, rather than on what our Creator intend's and desires and instruct's us.

Daniel

HisServant

It's the petitioner's fault. :reals:

Marriage is honorable among all, and the bed undefiled; but fornicators and adulterers God will judge (Heb 13:4).

"For I hate divorce!" says the LORD, the God of Israel (Mal 2:16).

Now therefore, it is already an utter failure for you that you go to law against one another (1 Co 6:7).

See:

Divorce & Remarriage: A Position Paper by John Piper

Disposable Culture

If Marriage today was regulated as it was back when Jesus said those words, you might have a point. But the audience for those words no longer exists and I dare you to prove that it applies to us today.

My contention is that most marriages fail today because one or both partners go into them with selfish desires. They are rarely happy with the other person and think they can fix them... and/or they never discussed their goals as a couple and what to do during rough times. People go in with preconceived notions and then realize they are trapped in a loveless marriage for life.

Anyhow, Jesus wants us to treat each other equitable, and sometimes that involves letting one of the partners out of a marriage that they don't want.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Good thread.

Marriage has been secularly reduced to a legal contract. Survivorship benefits are a very important part of the contract. Even Christians who genuinely believe in Christ have fallen for modern, artificial ideals generated and guided and informed by legal conclusions drawn from the marriage legal contract. People seem to be making decisions about marriage based upon the characteristics of the contract, rather than on what our Creator intend's and desires and instruct's us.

Daniel

The world makes it up as they go along (2 Ti 3:13). That doesn't make it so (Ps 68:5, Heb 13:4).

See:

Divorce & Remarriage: A Position Paper by John Piper

TrakeM

My point and I think Angel's point as well, is that a womans virginity should be a high priority to her. She should value her potential husband and herself that much. I'm not stating that virginity is always an accurate measure of the character of a woman but when a man sees that a woman has that aspect to her character, he can see that she would value him similarly as well as the marriage.

I don't mean to insult you, Trake, but you should have more self-respect and the fact is that there are many men too lazy to teach a woman to be adventurous and trust me, we are very willing to become adventurous when something is pleasurable.
I don't know that virgins, on an average, have more self respect. I doubt virginity is that great a predictor of self respect or respect for one's marriage/husband. I've seen plenty of men and women who have had multiple partners that seem to respect themselves greatly.

At the end of the day, as for myself, I'm still looking to find that first girl friend. I'll admit I'm WAY bellow average when it comes to understanding relationships and dating. I'm not trying to give advice on dating/relationships. I'm probably the last person who should do that.

Who knows, maybe this will be the year I find someone who's interested in me? Maybe not. Either way, I'll be ok on my own or with a loving girl friend.

TrakeM

If Marriage today was regulated as it was back when Jesus said those words, you might have a point. But the audience for those words no longer exists and I dare you to prove that it applies to us today.

My contention is that most marriages fail today because one or both partners go into them with selfish desires. They are rarely happy with the other person and think they can fix them... and/or they never discussed their goals as a couple and what to do during rough times. People go in with preconceived notions and then realize they are trapped in a loveless marriage for life.

Anyhow, Jesus wants us to treat each other equitable, and sometimes that involves letting one of the partners out of a marriage that they don't want.

There's no question that there's a TON of loveless marriages. On an average, women love the men they cohabitate with the most, their boyfriends second and their husbands the least. The question is, what should the terms of the divorce be? Right now I think the terms are unreasonable.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
There's no question that there's a TON of loveless marriages. On an average, women love the men they cohabitate with the most, their boyfriends second and their husbands the least...

Where are you meeting your friends? In a truck stop? :shocked: 1 Co 6:9-11

[Failed as a husband 1 Pe 3:7] ...The question is, what should the terms of the divorce be? Right now I think the terms are unreasonable.
I agree (Lev 20:10-12). Terms...dig a ditch, lie in it and die.
mesongles.gif

Last edited:

TrakeM

Where are you meeting your friends? In a truck stop? :shocked: 1 Co 6:9-11

I agree (Lev 20:10-12). Terms...dig a ditch, lie in it and die.
mesongles.gif
No, I'm referring to the statistics. Couples cohabiting have more sex than boyfriend/girlfriend have more sex than husband/wife. Once again, this is on average. I know there are exceptions.

HisServant

There's no question that there's a TON of loveless marriages. On an average, women love the men they cohabitate with the most, their boyfriends second and their husbands the least. The question is, what should the terms of the divorce be? Right now I think the terms are unreasonable.

Women aren't as unemployable as they were in the past... During my divorce, I had to take her before a judge to get my alimony reduced because even though she had a masters degree she chose to work as an administrative assistant in an office and stick it to me.

Luckily, the Judge saw the nonsense and reduced my support in half because she chose not to seek employment in line with her earning potential.

Anyhow, she walked out on me after amassing 37k worth of credit card debt that I never knew about.. she opened them in my name and had them sent to a PO Box... I never knew till debt collectors started calling. She tried to ruin me.

I remember when she said "I married you because I expect you to earn enough money so I don't have to work and can relax and meet my girlfriends for lunch" And then (after she went off birth control without telling me) I got the talk..."I married you because I knew you would step up and do the right thing and provide for the kind of family I want"...

Some women expect so much and don't think they need to communicate their expectations to their spouses and the power is so much on their side once you get married that some honestly do not care what you feel anymore.

HisServant

The Bible says one may put away his wife only for formication. That's it. Nothing else.

You are very young and have very little wisdom when it comes to scriptural interpretation... everyone here knows that.

So if anyone wishes to remain ignorant... follow Daniel 1611.

TrakeM

The Bible says one may put away his wife only for formication. That's it. Nothing else.
The rule of law says a wife can put away her husband for any reason she wants or no reason at all and walk away with cash and prizes. Guess which one is going to matter in court.

Daniel1611

You are very young and have very little wisdom when it comes to scriptural interpretation... everyone here knows that.

So if anyone wishes to remain ignorant... follow Daniel 1611.

The interpretation is that Christ said you may only put your wife away for formication. That's what the OT says. So the interpretation is that the Bible is right and divorces and the courts are wrong. You may have a problem with my options on the Bible BC a lot of alleged Christians on this site don't believe that the bible is the word of God.

Divorce is something Americans don't want to read about in God's word because it testifies of their deeds, that they are wicked. I personally like to read the Bible passages that condemn my weak areas. The Bible is right and the world is wrong. That's my interpretation whether Jews or catholics or other assorted heretics like it or not.