Why Jews Don't Accept Jesus?

Elia

:nono: Because I and others do in fact refute it and have for a long time. You are over-asserting.

Bs"d

In that case, please give me some proof from Isaiah or the rest of the Tanach that Isaiah 53 speaks about the messiah.

Thanks in advance.

"For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will walk in the name of Y-H-W-H our God for ever and ever.".

Micah 4:5

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Bs"d

In that case, please give me some proof from Isaiah or the rest of the Tanach that Isaiah 53 speaks about the messiah.

Thanks in advance.

"For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will walk in the name of Y-H-W-H our God for ever and ever.".

LOL! Micah, another prophet originally hated by the Jews, was making the point that all deity concepts are legitimate!

Elia

Bs"d

Thanks in advance.

Bs"d

No reaction.

Didn't think so.

"Serve Y-H-W-H! And if it seems evil to you to serve Y-H-W-H, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell.
But as for me and my house, we will serve Y-H-W-H!

Joshua 24:14-15

Caino

BANNED
Banned
The Jews put Christ through a sham of a trial and then took him to the Roman occupiers for crucifiction because they couldn't carry out the death penalty themselves.

KingdomRose

Re. Post #442: Sorry, Ben, I don't read the verses about the New Covenant the way you do. They don't say that the old Law Covenant will go on. Conversely, "laws" will be on the hearts of His worshipers.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
On top of that: He didn't fulfil the messianic prophecies.

Jesus has not fulfilled all of the prophecies, at least not yet. Don't rush him, he'll get 'er done.

Everything will be okay in the end ... if everything isn't okay then it's not the end.

SabathMoon

BANNED
Banned
1 - The first statement makes no sense to me. Sorry!
They didn't trust the humble son.

Ben Masada said:
2 - That's what I meant, "You are not reading your NT. Pilate charged Jesus for being acclaimed king of the Jews by his disciples and not because he made up that idea out of entertainment. (Luke 19:37-40)
A king of Judahites is not necessarily a king of Israelites. I don't believe you did understand.

Ben Masada said:
3 - That's what I said above, because he was not concerned about the problems regarding the religion of the Jews but, he considered the other charge of king of the Jews in replacement of Caesar then the verdict was approved for condemnation of Jesus to the cross. With the verdict INRI. (Luke 19:37-40)
He did not consider him to be a challenge of Caesar. He even thought it was funny. And why shouldn't he have?

Caino

BANNED
Banned
The Jews could not legally put Jesus to death, they had to try to convince Pilate that Jesus had broken a Roman civil statute if some sort. "King if the Jews" sounded good.

Ben Masada

1 - You sit down and read it once a year all the way through???

2 - Once is enough.

3 - Right, up until Solomon. Jesus lived after. You are just being dismissive. Probably #2 makes it mandatory.

4 - If we disagreed on everything, there'd be no point to you being on TOL with a bunch of Christians but there was a point to be made concerning a Jewish expectation of Gd's nature, and the nature of Messiah. God is Sovereign and the Apostles were all Jews.

5 - Christianity bridges the gap between Jew and gentile or gentiles would be lost. Give it more thought, you are a bit too indoctrinated. Jesus Christ certainly fits my expectations from Isaiah as well as other messianic expressions.

1 - All the way from Genesis to Revelation.

2 - That's why Christians in general don't have what it takes to discuss the Scriptures with a Jew.

3 - Are you sure? Read Mat. 23:13-33. Only in that text Jesus broke the Golden Rule 15 times when he offended the Jewish authorities by charging them with being hypocrites and brood of vipers. Do you think Jesus would have liked to be treated as such? I didn't think so. So he was no paragon of righteousness because the Golden Rule covers the
whole second part of the Decalogue.

4 - Indeed, the Apostles of Jesus were all Jews but none of them wrote a single page of the NT.

5 - That's flattering to acknowledge of the Jews. Are you sure that Jesus fit your expectations as the Gentiles were concerned? I see that your expectations are not in tune with Mat. 10:5,6 when Jesus is claimed to have forbidden his disciples to take the gospel of salvation to the Gentiles, especially Samaritans.

Elia

Jesus has not fulfilled all of the prophecies, at least not yet. Don't rush him, he'll get 'er done.

Bs"d

Well, we'll have to see about that.

Talking is cheap, fulfilling the messianic prophecies is a whole different ball game.

Ben Masada

The Jews put Christ through a sham of a trial and then took him to the Roman occupiers for crucifiction because they couldn't carry out the death penalty themselves.

Considering the fact that Jesus had not come to abolish but to confirm the Law and the Prophets down to the letter, and that for the Jews, who love God's Law more than life, I find very hard to believe that they would deliver such a fellow Jew to the enemy occupiers of the Land of Israel. It just makes absolutely no sense to me. That's not how the Jews would work. Since the gospels were written by Hellenist Jews who were anti-Jewish by nature of being Hellenists, and former disciples of Paul, it is only obvious that the report was a pious forgery. Besides, how would you put that together with the fact that twice the Pharisees tried to save Jesus from being arrested first by Herod and later by Pilate? Both accounts are down in Luke 13:31 and 19:37-40.