ECT Why is Jesus called the second Adam or last Adam?

Cross Reference

Excuse me?

No wonder you have trouble making friends.

Where do I even remotely suggest that Jesus did what he did arbitrarily?

Did you not read John 5:30? the verse I provided for your consideration?

Obviously, you did not. If you had, you would not falsely accused me

John 5:30

I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

You should actually read the posts you reply to before you reply to them, you won't embarrass yourself so much

:rolleyes:

I am not here make friends. I am here to find them.

Cross Reference

LOL. If ignorance truly is bliss, you must be enjoying life to its fullest.

Had God's plan not included Adam sinning, God would have left Adam the way Adam was first created perfect with the mind of Christ coming from the Spirit of God

:rolleyes: What plan? Do you even know?

To get Adam to sin He had to make his sin become a matter of when and not if. So God took the flesh and bone from next to the heart of Adam and gave it its own mind, will, and emotions.

Huh?? God intended for Adam to sin??? <ditto :rolleyes:>

This was when Adam was made subject to vanity that translated means "no longer able to function as Adam functioned when he was first created"

Vanity was the cause??? OMW!!!

Romans 8:20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,

Someday you will understand why this is true.......... unfortunately your time left to get it in this life is getting shorter every day

You better think again, sonny jim, about how you are interpreting scripture. "made subject to" doesn't mean it was the cause for his sin.

This was the cause: "Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and [the impulse to give into vanity] will flee from you." James 4:7 (KJV) Did Adam first submit himself to God?

[emphasis mine]

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Ephesians 3:19

And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

And when we are filled with the fulness of God, what does that make us?
I don't know what you are saying.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
I understand. However, that is what the scripture passage, James 4:7, tells us, isn't that right? How does Jesus help us?

James had been with Jesus, so he knew this...........

John 14:13 KJV

13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do , that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

So did the recipients of his letter.

Yer problem is, you believe what mainstreamers say about when the gospels were written.

Start using that knot on top of yer shoulders.

We know these dudes could write.

Didn't Jesus say that the Holy Spirit would come, and that he would bring into their remembering all that he had said to them?

And did that not happen within a couple months on Pentecost?

What? You think they were too busy to write the gospels?

I'd say Peter made sure they had time when he said, we aint got time to wait tables.

We spend our time in praying and the WORD OF GOD.

Then hey.... What about Luke?

He was with them from the beginning.

Even if he was busy all day with his medical practice, I would think he could afford to buy some oil for his lamps to write at night by.

So like my dad used to say......

Cut yer head in boy.

Cross Reference

James had been with Jesus, so he knew this...........

John 14:13 KJV

13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do , that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

So did the recipients of his letter.

Yer problem is, you believe what mainstreamers say about when the gospels were written.

Start using that knot on top of yer shoulders.

We know these dudes could write.

Didn't Jesus say that the Holy Spirit would come, and that he would bring into their remembering all that he had said to them?

And did that not happen within a couple months on Pentecost?

What? You think they were too busy to write the gospels?

I'd say Peter made sure they had time when he said, we aint got time to wait tables.

We spend our time in praying and the WORD OF GOD.

Then hey.... What about Luke?

He was with them from the beginning.

Even if he was busy all day with his medical practice, I would think he could afford to buy some oil for his lamps to write at night by.

So like my dad used to say......

Cut yer head in boy.

I am older than your dad, boy, and I don't have clue what you are talking about.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
I am older than your dad, boy,

Yep, he is gone now.

He would be 85 now so I kinda doubt yer older.

Understand this, he was 32 when I was born, so I grew up under more than a teenager exercising his hormones at the time he met my mother.

I don't have clue what you are talking about.

This does not surprise me.

When I was 12 my dad was 44.

I got some entertaining stories I could tell about how I outshined some of those elder yo-yos my dad brought around to hunt and fish with us.

Maybe their daddies was youngsters when they had em?

Anyhow, you go back and read what I wrote a few more times and when you understand it, we'll talk.

Last edited:

Livelystone

Huh?? God intended for Adam to sin??? <ditto :rolleyes:>

How else was God going to defeat Satan in the end if in the beginning all of mankind become subject to Satan by the sin of one?

Your long on insults and name calling but short on knowledge and how to worship in spirit and in truth........... this is why a church such as yours (Pentecost denomination) that was founded on the strength of signs and wonders no longer has any...... at least not any that can be proven to be blessings coming from God for "His people"

Vanity was the cause??? OMW!!!

You better think again, sonny jim, about how you are interpreting scripture. "made subject to" doesn't mean it was the cause for his sin.

Vanity = Strongs # G3153 coming from G3152 is defined by words such as "profitless, empty, unable to produce as before, what is devoid of truth and appropriateness, perverseness, depravity........ these are all words that describe the flesh of man

In other words nothing like Adam was when first created......... Amen? I think so

Now for those who have eyes that see and ears that hear.........read on!

It is not just the phrase "made subject to" that reveals all of the truth about what happened to Adam and when it did, but the added "not willingly" that shines a bright light on all of the truth because when Adan sinned he did so willingly prefering the desires of Eve more than of God

The first and only time Adam was changed "not willingly" was when God caused a deep sleep to come upon Adam that ended with the flesh of Adam having a mind will, emotions and body of its own that Adam then willingly allowed it to rule over him that has been the problem with mankind ever since (including the vast majority of the church that is why God has turned His back on it just as He did to the Jews

Had God not given the flesh of Adam a mind, will, emotions, and body of its own Adam would have never sinned.

Get it ?????????????

If you cannot see at least this much about creation you will never be able to understand salvation

Doug

Cross Reference

How else was God going to defeat Satan in the end if in the beginning all of mankind become subject to Satan by the sin of one?

How else?? That fact you have to ask that question, should cause you pause, to question your understanding or, better stated, lack of it for the why of Jesus Christ.

Fact: Jesus never canceled sin, but the penalty for it and made possible for man to have an advocate with God, Adam couldn't enjoy after he transgressed.. THINK!!!! Bruising the head of Satan ____ didn't kill him.

So now, what do you think God is looking for from a "redeemed Adam", i.e., man?

Base12

BANNED
Banned
In case it hasn't been said already...

1st Adam = Earth
2nd Adam = Heaven

On Earth as it is in Heaven.

Livelystone

How else?? That fact you have to ask that question, should cause you pause, to question your understanding or, better stated, lack of it for the why of Jesus Christ.

Fact: Jesus never canceled sin, but the penalty for it and made possible for man to have an advocate with God, Adam couldn't enjoy after he transgressed.. THINK!!!! Bruising the head of Satan ____ didn't kill him.

So now, what do you think God is looking for from a "redeemed Adam", i.e., man?

No, you are wrong again, and before you go further you need to get creation right

Had God not altered Adam from how Adam was first created without sin from the Spirit of God with the only mind that can come from the Spirit of God that is the mind of God who cannot sin, Adam would had never sinned.......... and this you can take to the bank !!!!!!!!

When you get this we can move on

Cross Reference

[/quote

Your long on insults and name calling but short on knowledge and how to worship in spirit and in truth........... this is why a church such as yours (Pentecost denomination) that was founded on the strength of signs and wonders no longer has any...... at least not any that can be proven to be blessings coming from God for "His people"

Tell all that to Jesus ___ not me. I know Him.

Vanity = Strongs # G3153 coming from G3152 is defined by words such as "profitless, empty, unable to produce as before, what is devoid of truth and appropriateness, perverseness, depravity........ these are all words that describe the flesh of man

Nonsense! Except in you. Show where man MUST cave in to vanity!!!!!! And I will show you where you are all wet!

In other words nothing like Adam was when first created......... Amen? I think so

You think wrong per usual! Adam was sinless and needed something to come against him that might have proven him faithful ___ He failed. He caved. That was NOT the will of God!!!!!

Now for those who have eyes that see and ears that hear.........read on!

It is not just the phrase "made subject to" that reveals all of the truth about what happened to Adam and when it did, but the added "not willingly" that shines a bright light on all of the truth because when Adan sinned he did so willingly prefering the desires of Eve more than of God

Allow me to humor you:

You continue to demonstrate your ignorance of the God's word!!
Adam sinned BECAUSE he caved into something which he could NOT overcome on his own. It "couched at his door" and he opened in it not intending-expecting for anything except self gratification. In other words, Adam was tempted (Jas. 1:16)!! Can you grasp that??He didn't die to himself!!!!!!! He then, because of his weakness, disobeyed God's command. It was that which culminated in his separation __ and ours, from God.

The first and only time Adam was changed "not willingly" was when God caused a deep sleep to come upon Adam that ended with the flesh of Adam having a mind will, emotions and body of its own that Adam then willingly allowed it to rule over him that has been the problem with mankind ever since (including the vast majority of the church that is why God has turned His back on it just as He did to the Jews

Adam was subjected to something "UNWILLINGLY"! SUBJECTED, NOT CHANGED!! Try to grasped that while you still can.

Had God not given the flesh of Adam a mind, will, emotions, and body of its own Adam would have never sinned.
So, all you are saying is that had God not created Adam he would never have sinned. That's reasonable.

So is that why you sin __ You who have believed to be of a new creation __ You who have received more than Adam possessed? So what's your problem?? Where is your victory over sin??

If you cannot see at least this much about creation you will never be able to understand salvation

By you, I am understanding more and more. Thanks for the exercise in "futility".

Livelystone

So is that why you sin __ You who have believed to be of a new creation __ You who have received more than Adam possessed? So what's your problem?? Where is your victory over sin??

First off, you are so wrong and know nothing of me or my ministry......... Meanwhile, Adam was the only other person beside Jesus who at least for period of time lived on earth completely sinless, Ever since then only Jesus has been totally without sin as a principality living in them, This applies to all Christians until the day they die including you!!!!!!!!

By you, I am understanding more and more. Thanks for the exercise in "futility".

My victory over sin???????

I headed up one of the longest running and successful marijuana operations (almost 3 decades) this country ever saw that even the Justice department said I was one of the very few majorly successful criminals who was ever able to become a completely new person.

Believe me when I say, I have had plenty of offers to "go back to work" and be earthly rich again but have chosen to work out my salvation as the apostles worked theirs out........ with trembling and fear knowing that my old man is buried because I was crucified with Christ and risen with Him alive in me

Meanwhile

You are the voice of ignorance and false worship

This is why there are no miracles AKA works done through faith amongst you and your kind because your faith is dead all because of the lies and false doctrines taught to you by your clergy

Livelystone

And again until you get it right

Had God not altered Adam from how Adam was first created without sin from the Spirit of God with the only mind that can come from the Spirit of God that is the mind of God who cannot sin, Adam would had never sinned.......... and this you can take to the bank !!!!!!!!

Livelystone

Furthermore.......

Any children you have ever caused to be born into this world, were born with sin living in them because they got it from you

Whether you were "already saved" or not makes no difference

Cross Reference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cross Reference View Post

"So is that why you sin __ You who have believed to be of a new creation __ You who have received more than Adam possessed? So what's your problem?? Where is your victory over sin??"

First off, you are so wrong and know nothing of me or my ministry.........

I know what I am reading that shouts, "I'm cultish"!!

Meanwhile, Adam was the only other person beside Jesus who at least for period of time lived on earth completely sinless, Ever since then only Jesus has been totally without sin as a principality living in them, This applies to all Christians until the day they die including you!!!!!!!!

And Jesus was tempted!!! How come He won the victory over sin and vanity,,, Huh???! All Adam had to do was consult with God Who came down in the "cool of the day" to chat with Him. Jesus didn't enjoy that privilege until He overcame Satan and His own struggle against His human nature, i.e., vanity, while in the wilderness. (Heb.4:15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cross Reference View Post
"By you, I am understanding more and more. Thanks for the exercise in "futility"."

My victory over sin???????

I headed up one of the longest running and successful marijuana operations (almost 3 decades) this country ever saw that even the Justice department said I was one of the very few majorly successful criminals who was ever able to become a completely new person.

So what? Was your sin any greater than others that you need to brag on it?

Believe me when I say, I have had plenty of offers to "go back to work" and be earthly rich again but have chosen to work out my salvation as the apostles worked theirs out........ with trembling and fear knowing that my old man is buried because I was crucified with Christ and risen with Him alive in me

Great! Are you in Him? (Jn.15:6)

Meanwhile

You are the voice of ignorance and false worship

This is why there are no miracles AKA works done through faith amongst you and your kind because your faith is dead all because of the lies and false doctrines taught to you by your clergy

Sorry you believe that. I know it requires an effort for you to wilfully ignore what I posited that frees you make such untoward and blasphemous declarations.

Meanwhile, why not address my replies you think by your verboseness above, is going unnoticed? I know why you can't but I must give the opportunity out of common courtesy.

Cross Reference

And again until you get it right

You are proving to be a glutton for punishment. My hand hurts and my paddle broken!

If you can't see fit to read and answer. I am finished in this with you. I gave you passages you have dismissed.

Last edited:

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
You are proving to a glutton for punishment. My hand hurts and my paddle broken!

If you can't see fit to read and answer. I am finished in this with you. I gave you passages you have dismissed.

While Livelystone merely needs to gain a little more understanding of what happened in the garden, the only thing you have right is that yer paddle is broken :hammer:as well as broke.:greedy:

:chuckle: