ECT Why is Jesus called the second Adam or last Adam?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Then why did he learn obedience and suffer for the lack of it.

Heb 5:8 Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;
Learning obedience does not mean you were not obedient. It means obedience was taken to the full extent, even in suffering.

Cross Reference

Actually, speculation on what would have happened if Adam had eaten of the tree of Life is completely irrelevant.:crackup:
Why? This is all Adam had to do for things to have been altered that remains for the "born again" Christian to heed, to have success: James 4:7 says, "Submit yourselves therefore to God. [and then] Resist the devil, and he will flee from you."

Last edited:

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Why? This is all Adam had to do for things to have been altered that remains for the "born again" Christian to heed, to have success: James 4:7 says, "Submit yourselves therefore to God. [and then] Resist the devil, and he will flee from you."

Without Christ we can do nothing.

That includes resisting the Devil.

Livelystone

You just do not get it !!!!!!!!!

For some reason you refuse to admit that God created a perfect plan for man before man was ever created.

Through your own words it is obvious your opinion is; for reasons that have never existed since creation, prior to creation deception existed unknown to God in the presence of God, that allowed Satan to usurp what God had hoped would happen concerning His plan for creation.

You are a piece of work :(

Your low opinion of the omnipotence of God, and the perfection that exist in all that consist of Him is repugnant to all who worship God in truth

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic

For some reason you refuse to admit that God created a perfect plan for man before man was ever created.

Through your own words it is obvious your opinion is; for reasons that have never existed since creation, prior to creation deception existed unknown to God in the presence of God, that allowed Satan to usurp what God had hoped would happen concerning His plan for creation.

Your low opinion of the omnipotence of God, and the perfection that exist in all that consist of Him is repugnant to all who worship God in truth

Well said. :)

Cross Reference

Apparently, you don't think the hole you have dug for yourself is deep enough or your feet too big to fit in your mouth. But you keep at it, bunk.

Cross Reference

Adam was cast out of the Garden and was no longer found worthy to give Thanks to God.
A new Adam had to come that would be found worthy to give Thanks.

No one in heaven and on earth and under the earth was found worthy...

Eucharistia= Thanksgiving!

Must one be worthy to give thanks to God? I didn't know that. Can you cite where there that is made mention in scripture?

Livelystone

Apparently, you don't think the hole you have dug for yourself is deep enough or your feet too big to fit in your mouth. But you keep at it, bunk.

LOL. If ignorance truly is bliss, you must be enjoying life to its fullest.

Had God's plan not included Adam sinning, God would have left Adam the way Adam was first created perfect with the mind of Christ coming from the Spirit of God

To get Adam to sin He had to make his sin become a matter of when and not if. So God took the flesh and bone from next to the heart of Adam and gave it its own mind, will, and emotions.

This was when Adam was made subject to vanity that translated means "no longer able to function as Adam functioned when he was first created"

Romans 8:20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,

Someday you will understand why this is true.......... unfortunately your time left to get it in this life is getting shorter every day

oatmeal

That opinion relegates you to a cult religion __ but then you have proven that to be accurate in many prior posts. You are a disingenuous person.

End of my discussions with you on any level.

So you resort to name calling because you err.

I forgive you, you did not have the well balanced and thorough teachings on scripture that I had received and am still receiving

However, if you wish to further your education and get a solid basic overview of scripture, you let me know, I will point you in the right direction

oatmeal

Oatmeal is an Arian.

Arian?

I choose to believe scripture and rightly divide it.

Doing so results in rejecting some "mainstream" doctrines

Mainstream is not a guarantee of Biblical accuracy.

Jesus Christ was not mainstream, they crucified him, remember?

Peter and the apostles, including Paul were not mainstream, the "mainstream" Judeans rejected them and the doctrine of God

Truth, for the most part, is not going to be "mainstream", it should be, but "mainstream" like "sincerity" is no guarantee for truth.

You believe you are truthful, why do people not like you? Are you mainstream? or are you rejecting some mainstream teachings?

oatmeal

Let

That is where you are dead WRONG! His acts are never of an arbitrary nature. If you believe they are, you will believe anything. Try seeing it as Jesus would not doing anything of Himself. Why?, because of His unwillingness to act in any way contrary to the heart and MIND of His Father.

"Let this MIND be in you that was in Christ Jesus . . "

Excuse me?

No wonder you have trouble making friends.

Where do I even remotely suggest that Jesus did what he did arbitrarily?

Did you not read John 5:30? the verse I provided for your consideration?

Obviously, you did not. If you had, you would not falsely accused me

John 5:30

I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

You should actually read the posts you reply to before you reply to them, you won't embarrass yourself so much

oatmeal

Jesus is Deity. (All) the fullness of Deity dwells in Him in bodily form.

Ephesians 3:19

And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

And when we are filled with the fulness of God, what does that make us?