Why I’m No Longer a Russiagate Skeptic

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Barbarian observes:
He has to consider whether or not he should help an unfriendly nation take one of our diplomats for questioning? Isn't that an pretty good reason for concern? According to Sara Sanders, he was actually considering it. As George Will said, he's a "sad, embarrassing wreck of a man."

Disloyal to the US,

Yep. And that's the key issue. He had to think for a while if he was going to obey Putin, or be loyal to America. And he didn't decide until he had a firestorm of bipartisan criticism to face. That's the worrisome thing; what about the stuff he's hiding from us?

but the right decision was made.

After a torrent of anger and criticism, he caved and did the right thing. What kind of president needs to be forced to reject the idea of one of our diplomats being rounded up and questioned by the Russian government?

You're off the deep end, Blabla.

One of us is, Stipe.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
He had to think for a while if he was going to obey Putin...

no, that's a twisted way of looking at the situation, warped by not only your inherent dishonesty, but also by your advanced state of trump derangement syndrome

you're mentally ill barbie, and nothing i can say will convince you to seek help

Last edited:

ok doser

Would you be O.K. with "interrogate", "question", etc?

sure, i'd be ok with "question" since it's the word used by sanders

barbie said:
The disloyalty to America is...

...in your imagination

barbie said:
...his willingness (to) consider turning American officials over to the Russians for questioning...

...is, again, in your imagination

as you learned, trump was "considering (the) proposal"

this is what you do in negotiations - your adversary makes an offer, you consider it, meet with your advisors and come back with a counter-offer

Would you be happier if Putin had merely "proposed" such a scheme? Or is it only disloyal if he "demanded" it?

i'd be happier if the reporting on it was factual and honest

but then it wouldn't appeal to you, would it?

He has to consider whether or not he should help an unfriendly nation take one of our diplomats for questioning? Isn't that an pretty good reason for concern? According to Sara Sanders, he was actually considering it.

again, he was considering the proposal

i suspect you've never been involved in negotiations

As George Will said, he's a "sad, embarrassing wreck of a man."

i don't expect george is gonna get an invitation to mar a lago any time soon :idunno:

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
sure, i'd be ok with "question" since it's the word used by sanders

Who is only marginally more credible than Trump himself.
It was just a few weeks ago that the White House press corps raked White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders over the coals for her previous assurance that President Trump knew nothing about a payment made to adult-film actress Stormy Daniels.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/

The disloyalty to America is not in the verb he used, but in his willingness consider turning American officials over to the Russians for questioning. You know that. So does everyone else here.

...in your imagination

Even Sanders admitted it. C'mon.

The disloyalty to America is not in the verb he used, but in his willingness consider turning American officials over to the Russians for questioning.

...is, again, in your imagination

It's what he said:

President Donald Trump will consider allowing Russian investigators to question U.S.-born investor Bill Browder, former U.S. ambassador to Russia Michael McFaul and others after President Vladimir Putin floated the idea, White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said Wednesday.

“He said it was an interesting idea. He didn’t commit to anything,” Sanders said at the daily press briefing. “He wants to work with his team and determine if there’s any validity that would be helpful to the process…It was an idea they threw out.”

Later in the day, State Department spokeswoman Heather Nauert called the concept "absolutely absurd."

"The fact that they want to question 11 American citizens, and the assertions that the Russian government is making about those American citizens — we do not stand by those assertions," Nauert said.

In a joint press conference with Trump Monday, Putin proposed that the U.S. allow Russian officials to interview Americans in exchange for Russia allowing U.S. officials to interview Russians, such as the 12 people recently indicted for their role in hacking Democratic computer systems in 2016.

“This kind of effort should be a mutual one,” Putin said Monday. “We would expect that the Americans would reciprocate.”

The idea was “an incredible offer,” Trump said.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/07/18/trump-russia-browder-mcfaul-questioning-731616

this is what you do in negotiations

It's what Trump does in negotiations. American diplomats are not bargaining chits. The idea that they are is in the words of his own people, "absurd."

this is what you do in negotiations

No, it's what Neville Chamberlain did in negotiations. Appeasement is never a good idea.

i'd be happier if the reporting on it was factual and honest

It infuriates you when the reporting is factual and honest. See how upset you became when I showed you that it was true?

i suspect you've never been involved in negotiations

Trump seems to have been the first president to consider United States sovereignty to be negotiable. As Chamberlain learned, it's never a good idea to appease a dictator.

(George Will points out that Trump is a "sad embarrassing wreck of a man

i don't expect george is gonna get an invitation to mar a lago any time soon

But Putin got one. For the reasons we all understand.

ok doser

Who is only marginally more credible than Trump himself.

and both of them are more credible than you or some random, obviously biased trump hater who blogs about how much he hates trump

sorry barbie, any possible credibility you may have had was squandered long ago

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
and both of them are more credible than you or some random, obviously biased trump hater who blogs about how much he hates trump

Take a look again...
It was just a few weeks ago that the White House press corps raked White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders over the coals for her previous assurance that President Trump knew nothing about a payment made to adult-film actress Stormy Daniels.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/

She lies, because that's what Trump tells her to do. As you know, the linked source didn't say he hated Trump. He merely pointed out that what Trump did was disloyal to America, and loyal to Putin. And that was done openly and publicly. No point in denying it.

sorry barbie,

Don't be sorry, learn from the experience. And decide whether you want to be a troll or be taken seriously. You flip back and forth between trolling and angry denials about things that are publicly known.

If you want to be a troll, don't let anyone get you angry enough to melt down in public.

any possible credibility you may have had was squandered long ago

It's actually kind of an endorsement, coming from you.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
You're off the deep end, Blabla. You're obsessed.
Blabla, you're obsessed.
You're off the deep end, Blabla.

bla-bla-bla-bla.png

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
You start threads decrying everything Donaldtrump does.

You can't do one post without messing it up. For example, I gave Trump credit for bombing Syria when they thought he'd tolerate use of chemical weapons. The truth matters, Stipe. Try to stay with it.

This is a discussion site.

And yet, you want to shut down discussion.

If I said Trump did something right, you'd claim I always criticize him. In fact, you did. Maybe if you weren't wound so tight, you'd be able to take part in a rational discussion.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
At this point, I've managed to get the two main trolls agitated again.

Don't mean to; I just seem to attract them. So in the interest of peace, I'll take a little hiatus.

Sorry to have been a bother.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The truth matters.
Toothpaste contains calcium.

You want to shut down discussion.
Which is why I discussed the issue. You posted an opinion piece as if it was a news report. Perceptions might be relevant, but only if you've got substance in front of it.

If I said Trump did something right, you'd claim I always criticize him.
Would I?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk