Why Homosexuality MUST Be Recriminalized! Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

glassjester

Well, I'll give a quick answer here on this. Years ago I used to be a member of a Pentecostal church. I was young, and it was a meeting place as much as anything to begin with but after a while it smacked of indoctrination. 'Turn or burn' was effectively the message and without going into detail there was one case that just sickened me and questioning any aspect of certain doctrine was discouraged. That seems to be the case with most 'organized religion' in my experience.

I guess that's an understandable reaction to that type of experience.

Just be aware, as I'm sure you are, that not every religious body "enforces" their teachings in such a manner. I had quite the opposite experience when determining whether to be confirmed in the Catholic Church. Everything I read, and everyone I talked to actually encouraged me to question and critically think about any teaching of the Church - especially if I didn't understand it, or doubted it.

In fact, that's how I eventually made the decision to enter an RCIA program (that's how adults enter the Church), and be confirmed in the Church when I was 22. By doubting, questioning, and reading up on Church teaching, I actually became convinced of its veracity.

Arthur Brain

I guess that's an understandable reaction to that type of experience.

Just be aware, as I'm sure you are, that not every religious body "enforces" their teachings in such a manner. I had quite the opposite experience when determining whether to be confirmed in the Catholic Church. Everything I read, and everyone I talked to actually encouraged me to question and critically think about any teaching of the Church - especially if I didn't understand it, or doubted it.

In fact, that's how I eventually made the decision to enter an RCIA program (that's how adults enter the Church), and be confirmed in the Church when I was 22. By doubting, questioning, and reading up on Church teaching, I actually became convinced of its veracity.

Well, it wasn't so much a case of it being "forced" but then it came to the point where my clashes with the church on issues led to it being pretty much a case of leaving it. That's the more evangelical wing and Catholic teaching was hardly promoted as I'm sure you can imagine. Then that's my beef with 'organized religion'. You're regarded as a heretic by plenty here. Calvinists for one example and they're regarded as heretics by plenty more and so on and so on. It's good that you were actually encouraged to question and think critically though.

Arthur Brain

Quote Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
Besides enhancing my spiritual growth by attending church/men's small groups, reading Holy Scripture

Amongst other things it gives me the spiritual strength to continue to fight the good fight.

and doing my best to be a morally disciplined and loving husband and father,

It strengthens the family, i.e. the nucleus of society.

if you've been a follower of this 4 part thread you'd know that I reach out to 200-300 people a day in an attempt to promote traditional family values.

(Sigh, this guy reminds me so much of my very bestest friend in the whoooole wide world: WizardofOz, aka, aka, aka).

I don't believe I could reach 200-300 people a day in person with the information that I share on here.

It was a long process in order to get to the moral hellhole that we as a nation are in today. With supposed Christians like yourself supporting a moral degenerate in Donald Trump and continuing to do so, it'll take longer to return to a nation that has an ounce of sanity to it.

LOL...uh, ok.

So, in other words, you're not doing anything in the real world at all and just blogging away on the net.

:doh:

glassjester

You're regarded as a heretic by plenty here.

Oh, I know. I've been told that I'll burn for eternity because I worship idols, or Mary, or bread, or the Pope.

Calvinists for one example and they're regarded as heretics by plenty more and so on and so on. It's good that you were actually encouraged to question and think critically though.

Yes - In about a 3 or 4 year span I went from agnostic to loosely Christian, but anti-Catholic, to fully Catholic. I joined TOL right around then. Ironically, many of the challenges to the Catholic faith that I was presented with here, spurred on my reading up on Church teaching and really strengthened my belief in it.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
ACW, a serious question - why didn't you write in Ted Cruz for president?

How about I ask a more serious question? (for the umpteenth time) :

Why are you as a self professing Christian continuing to support a President that is a strong supporter of the LGBTQueer agenda?

Is Donald Trump strengthening the nucleus of society (the traditional family) with his policies?

The other day the Degenerate in Chief met with the rank and file of the NYPD (where he told them to rough up suspects). Donald the Degenerate talked about the importance of stopping gang activity, yet he didn't mention why these troubled youth (and adults) are involved in gang activity:

Fatherless homes.

It's amazing to see the impact a home without a father has on society:

Sexual confusion, drug and alcohol abuse, violence.

glassjester

How about I ask a more serious question? (for the umpteenth time) :

Why are you as a self professing Christian continuing to support a President that is a strong supporter of the LGBTQueer agenda?

Is Donald Trump strengthening the nucleus of society (the traditional family) with his policies?

The other day the Degenerate in Chief met with the rank and file of the NYPD (where he told them to rough up suspects). Donald the Degenerate talked about the importance of stopping gang activity, yet he didn't mention why these troubled youth (and adults) are involved in gang activity:

Fatherless homes.

It's amazing to see the impact a home without a father has on society:

Sexual confusion, drug and alcohol abuse, violence.

Would Clinton have done it better?

Really though, why didn't you write in Cruz?

Arthur Brain

Oh, I know. I've been told that I'll burn for eternity because I worship idols, or Mary, or bread, or the Pope.

Yeah, people in the church I went to regarded the pope as the 'Antichrist'...then again, they had no issue with declaring suffering for all manner of people, as several do here, hence the cynicism I have with any 'organized religion', dogma etc.

Yes - In about a 3 or 4 year span I went from agnostic to loosely Christian, but anti-Catholic, to fully Catholic. I joined TOL right around then. Ironically, many of the challenges to the Catholic faith that I was presented with here, spurred on my reading up on Church teaching and really strengthened my belief in it.

Well, fair enough. I'm not an anti Catholic. I'm just anti dogma in the main...

:eek:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote: Originally posted by aCultureWarrior

Would Clinton have done it better?

Really though, why didn't you write in Cruz?

b7d.jpg

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/540/681/b7d.jpg

You've served my purpose for inviting you into this thread: To show that self proclaiming Christians are the reason the culture war is being lost.

I have no further use for you at this time in this thread, so you and your new bestest friend can move onto another thread and do your dog and pony act there.

Moving on...

Arthur Brain

b7d.jpg

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/540/681/b7d.jpg

You've served my purpose for inviting you into this thread: To show that self proclaiming Christians are the reason the culture war is being lost.

I have no further use for you at this time in this thread, so you and your new bestest friend can move onto another thread and do your dog and pony act there.

Moving on...

Wow, what a drama queen...

:D

Arthur Brain

How am I beating a dead horse? I only asked you why you didn't write in Cruz twice. And both times you wouldn't answer. Unless you're saying you're the one beating the dead horse...

So... why didn't you write in Cruz?

Ok, that's three times now.

Standard aCW operation:

When caught in a double standard shift the goalposts and deflect. Update table of contents. Deluge the thread with laborious cut 'n' pastes and declare that he's 'moving on'.

Soooooo predictable.

glassjester

Yeah, people in the church I went to regarded the pope as the 'Antichrist'...then again, they had no issue with declaring suffering for all manner of people, as several do here,

Yeah, unfortunately...

hence the cynicism I have with any 'organized religion', dogma etc.

Well, fair enough. I'm not an anti Catholic. I'm just anti dogma in the main...

:eek:

I don't think dogma, in itself, is a bad thing. It's necessary, I think.

That could be a good thread topic.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
How am I beating a dead horse? I only asked you why you didn't write in Cruz twice. And both times you wouldn't answer. Unless you're saying you're the one beating the dead horse...

So... why didn't you write in Cruz?

Ok, that's three times now.

While updating the table of contents (if anyone still questions Art Brain's moral confusion, wait until the next table of contents comes out), I ran across this video of Donald Trump "supporter" Ted Cruz:

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...ized!-Part-4&p=4672603&viewfull=1#post4672603

Did Cruz call misogynist Donald Trump a "sniveling coward" after Trump had his buddy David Pecker at the National Inquirer lie about adulterous affairs that Cruz was allegedly having; after Trump stated that Cruz's father was involved in the JF Kennedy assassination; or after Trump did personal attacks against Heidi Cruz?

You'll have to view the video and see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cPgdMGf2Pk

Dang, it makes me proud that I backed a real man for President, what's your excuse for backing a sleazy degenerate Aaron?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
How about we both agree that cross dressing-diaper wearing-human feces eating people shouldn't be allowed to be anywhere near children?

Wait, that won't work as that would be saying that they're '2nd class citizens'.

As far as that "blanket" goes:

"Transgender fetish is the largest sexual disorder reported in convicted sex offenders.(4) Almost 100% of convicted sex offenders have a documented history of transvestism, crossdressing, free-dressing, Autogynephilia, transsexualism – in other words: TRANSGENDER

Uh, yeh, very convincing source that is dude...

:kookoo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzwMJAFWLtQ

I guess transsexuals/transgenders/drag queens aren't so harmless after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.