Why God Cannot Decree Someones Salvation

Robert Pate

Banned
They are reconciled while they are enemies in the same way that only sick people can get healed - but once they are healed they are no longer sick.

Once you are reconciled, you are no longer an enemy.

Paul is painting a before and after picture.

Your right,

B57 thinks that heaven is going to be full of rebellious Christ rejectors.

beloved57

They are reconciled while they are enemies in the same way that only sick people can get healed - but once they are healed they are no longer sick.

Your comments are invalid, not in scripture. Now again, those Christ die for, by His death they are reconciled to God, when or while they are enemies Rom 5:10 !

Truster

There is no scripture in the Bible where God decrees someone saved. Not in the Old Testament or the New Testament. In the Old Testament they were saved by faith in God's promise of a savior.

"Abraham believed God and it was counted unto him for righteousness" Romans 5:3.

In the Calvinist Synod of Dordrecht, First Head, Article #6 it says, "That some receive the gift of faith from God and others do not receive it, PROCEEDS FROM GOD"S ETERNAL DECREE".

My question is, Why didn't God just decree that everyone be given faith to believe and save the whole world by a decree?

I suspect that if God did that it would spoil it for the Calvinist. They want to believe that God has chosen "SOME CERTAIN PERSONS" First Head, Article #10 to be saved and they are one of those "SOME CERTAIN PERSONS". This reeks with the spirit of arrogance and Pharisaism.

If God decreed salvation for some and not all , that would make God unjust, unmerciful and unrighteous. What is it that makes these "SOME CERTAIN PERSONS" more favorable to God than others? I have yet to hear an answer on that one.

The Pharisees also thought that they were special to God, Jesus referred to them as snakes, hypocrite and other insulting things, see Matthew the 23rd chapter. The minute that you think that you have done something special to merit favor with God is the minute that you have fallen from grace.

If God can just decree that "SOME CERTAIN PERSONS" are saved, then who needs Jesus Christ and his Gospel? It appears to me that the main objective of John Calvin's Calvinism was to by pass Jesus Christ and his Gospel and be saved by a decree from God. It is not going to happen that way. No need for you to come to Christ as a repentant sinner, God has decreed that you are saved. All of that crucifixion, blood and suffering of Jesus Christ was for nothing.

You seem to be mixing up words again, because of your lack of understanding. The word decree is singular. This means that in a single decree the Eternal Almighty assured that in all things, in all ages, His will, purpose and good pleasure would come to pass unto the praise of His glory.

Within that single decree the purpose and act of salvation, including every soul that should be saved, would be saved, was predetermined. That is why the term "should" is used in the last verse of the 2nd of Acts. It is the action or office of the glorified Messiah to add those that "should" be saved according to the will of the Father.

Roberto, that is the immense size, immense scope and immense power of the Creator and sustainer of all. He is the Eternal Almighty who called this poor soul, out of darkness, into His glorious Light.

This doesn't sound a bit like the so called God you worship does it?

Robert Pate

Banned
You seem to be mixing up words again, because of your lack of understanding. The word decree is singular. This means that in a single decree the Eternal Almighty assured that in all things, in all ages, His will, purpose and good pleasure would come to pass unto the praise of His glory.

Within that single decree the purpose and act of salvation, including every soul that should be saved, would be saved, was predetermined. That is why the term "should" is used in the last verse of the 2nd of Acts. It is the action or office of the glorified Messiah to add those that "should" be saved according to the will of the Father.

Roberto, that is the immense size, immense scope and immense power of the Creator and sustainer of all. He is the Eternal Almighty who called this poor soul, out of darkness, into His glorious Light.

This doesn't sound a bit like the so called God you worship does it?

God is sovereign only within his holy, just, merciful and righteous nature. God cannot and will not sin against himself or his created beings. All that God does is just and right. Salvation is possible only through and by Jesus Christ. If you do not come to Christ as a repentant sinner to be saved by him, you will most certainly perish. That and that alone is God's way.

Truster

God is sovereign only within his holy, just, merciful and righteous nature. God cannot and will not sin against himself or his created beings. All that God does is just and right. Salvation is possible only through and by Jesus Christ. If you do not come to Christ as a repentant sinner to be saved by him, you will most certainly perish. That and that alone is God's way.

Are you seriously that delusional? You have been confronted with truth that glorifies the Father and His Messiah and you prefer that filth the raises man onto a throne of almighty free will.

Robert Pate

Banned
Are you seriously that delusional? You have been confronted with truth that glorifies the Father and His Messiah and you prefer that filth the raises man onto a throne of almighty free will.

What you believe does not glorify God, nor does it honor his Son Jesus Christ.

What glorifies God and his Son Jesus Christ is when a sinner calls on Christ by his own free will to be saved.

"Whosoever that shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.

I think that you are to proud to call on Christ to save you. You want God to call on you.

Truster

What glorifies God and his Son Jesus Christ is when a sinner calls on Christ by his own free will to be saved.

"Whosoever that shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.

I think that you are to proud to call on Christ to save you. You want God to call on you.

I am so grateful that I don't have free will and that He saved me. If it had been necessary for me to do anything I would always have a doubt as to whether I had been sincere, whether He had heard me, really answered me and had He really saved me? As it is I have no doubts, because I did nothing.

One of the greatest joys I have ever experienced was the morning after the day of my salvation. I woke and immediately discovered the experiences of the previous day were all yea and amen. He was still with me and is still with me. To the praise of the glory of His grace.

Last edited:

beloved57

You dont Honor the Lord Jesus Christ, teaching that sinners He died for are still lost, denying therefore the Saving efficacy of His Life and Death.

beloved57

False teaching. You teach that Salvation is only possible through Christ, when in fact it is certain through Jesus Christ, so again you dishonor Christ by teaching that sinners He shed His precious Blood for are still lost, unredeemed !

Truster

You're wasting your time with this. beloved is under the erroneous impression that the elect have never been sick or under wrath. He thinks that we are justified from eternity and that the application of redemption is something we are born with. In a nutshell he denies that the application of redemption is necessary and therefore is not applied to the guilty sinner by the Holy Spirit.

The reason he thinks this way is that he has not been converted. His life is lived under the dominion of the killing letter and not the Spirit of life.

I know for an absolute fact that when lost I was a miserable sinner. That I was under the vengeful hand of the Almighty. I was a slave, but when I was set free there was a massive change. beloved has never been there. He has always been perfect and so needs not be converted, regenerated nor been made repentant.

Last edited:

beloved57

You are not able to refute what I say. The only thing that you have the power to do is make false accusations.

You and Nanja are not Christians, but Satan has led you to believe that you are.
You teach that sinners Christ shed His Blood for remain unjustified, unredeemed and lost. That's unbelief and denial of the Blood!

Sent from my 5054N using TheologyOnline mobile app

cgaviria

BANNED
Banned
There is no scripture in the Bible where God decrees someone saved. Not in the Old Testament or the New Testament. In the Old Testament they were saved by faith in God's promise of a savior.

"Abraham believed God and it was counted unto him for righteousness" Romans 5:3.

In the Calvinist Synod of Dordrecht, First Head, Article #6 it says, "That some receive the gift of faith from God and others do not receive it, PROCEEDS FROM GOD"S ETERNAL DECREE".

My question is, Why didn't God just decree that everyone be given faith to believe and save the whole world by a decree?

I suspect that if God did that it would spoil it for the Calvinist. They want to believe that God has chosen "SOME CERTAIN PERSONS" First Head, Article #10 to be saved and they are one of those "SOME CERTAIN PERSONS". This reeks with the spirit of arrogance and Pharisaism.

If God decreed salvation for some and not all , that would make God unjust, unmerciful and unrighteous. What is it that makes these "SOME CERTAIN PERSONS" more favorable to God than others? I have yet to hear an answer on that one.

The Pharisees also thought that they were special to God, Jesus referred to them as snakes, hypocrite and other insulting things, see Matthew the 23rd chapter. The minute that you think that you have done something special to merit favor with God is the minute that you have fallen from grace.

If God can just decree that "SOME CERTAIN PERSONS" are saved, then who needs Jesus Christ and his Gospel? It appears to me that the main objective of John Calvin's Calvinism was to by pass Jesus Christ and his Gospel and be saved by a decree from God. It is not going to happen that way. No need for you to come to Christ as a repentant sinner, God has decreed that you are saved. All of that crucifixion, blood and suffering of Jesus Christ was for nothing.

Tell me, when a movie is made, does the director allow the actors do to whatever they want, or does he script and cast the movie according to what he wants? The same relation occurs with creation, for God has appointed vessels of wrath, meaning the wicked, that he may shower power and wrath, and has appointed vessels of mercy, meaning the righteous, that he may show mercy and forgiveness. How could God judge the world, and even bring about a terrifying second coming of Jesus Christ had there not first been men appointed to be wicked to bring about such events? And the contrary is true, how could God bring about mercy and forgiveness had he first not appointed men to be disobedient that he may show compassion and mercy?

Why would it shock you that the God who created every grain of sand, and has measured it and counted it, along with every star who's number we do not have, would not also exert full control over what he has created? I have a study on this here http://www.wisdomofgod.co/2016/10/0...-by-god-even-the-outcome-of-a-roll-of-a-dice/ .

Robert Pate

Banned
Tell me, when a movie is made, does the director allow the actors do to whatever they want, or does he script and cast the movie according to what he wants? The same relation occurs with creation, for God has appointed vessels of wrath, meaning the wicked, that he may shower power and wrath, and has appointed vessels of mercy, meaning the righteous, that he may show mercy and forgiveness. How could God judge the world, and even bring about a terrifying second coming of Jesus Christ had there not first been men appointed to be wicked to bring about such events? And the contrary is true, how could God bring about mercy and forgiveness had he first not appointed men to be disobedient that he may show compassion and mercy?

Why would it shock you that the God who created every grain of sand, and has measured it and counted it, along with every star who's number we do not have, would not also exert full control over what he has created? I have a study on this here http://www.wisdomofgod.co/2016/10/0...-by-god-even-the-outcome-of-a-roll-of-a-dice/ .

The Bible knows nothing of your robotic God.

cgaviria

BANNED
Banned
The Bible knows nothing of your robotic God.

It puzzles me how anyone could say that when, on the contrary, the bible does teach predestination and elect... this is something John Calvin conjured up, which you people label as "calvinism", this is an original doctrine of scripture, hence scriptures like,

The LORD hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil. (Proverbs 16:4 [KJV])

For God has bound up all in disobedience, that He may show mercy to all. (Romans 11:32 [BLB])

So you see, God chooses to show mercy to some… (Romans 9:18 [NLT])

So then it is not of the one wanting, nor of the one running, but of the showing mercy of God. (Romans 9:16 [ABP])

even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love (Ephesians 1:4 [ESV])

And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified. (Romans 8:30 [NIV])

For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters. (Romans 8:29 [NIV])

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things. (Isaiah 45:7 [KJV])

We may throw the dice, but the LORD determines how they fall. (Proverbs 16:33 [NLT])

Then the LORD said to him, “Who has made man’s mouth? Who makes him mute, or deaf, or seeing, or blind? Is it not I, the LORD? (Exodus 4:11 [ESV])

Yet, before the twins were born or had done anything good or bad–in order that God’s purpose in election might stand… Just as it is written: “…but Esau I hated.” (R0mans 9:11-13 [NIV])

he chooses to harden the hearts of others so they refuse to listen. (Romans 9:18 [NLT])

He has blinded their eyes and hardened their heart, lest they see with their eyes, and understand with their heart, and turn, and I would heal them.” (John 12:40 [ESV])

“But I will harden Pharaoh’s heart that I may multiply My signs and My wonders in the land of Egypt. (Exodus 7:3 [NASB])

What if God, desiring to show his wrath and to make known his power, has endured with much patience vessels of wrath prepared for destruction, (Romans 9:22 [ESV])

http://www.wisdomofgod.co/2016/10/0...-by-god-even-the-outcome-of-a-roll-of-a-dice/

Iconoclast85

Acts 13:48 speaks directly to your post which was in reality....a cry for help..Your lack of understanding does not refute the teaching of scripture.
When God singled out....one nation....did you object?
Are you going to instruct the Almighty?
The fact is God is under no obligation to save anyone. The fact that He has decreed to save a multitude in His Son is a great mercy.