Why God Cannot Decree Someones Salvation

Robert Pate

Banned
There is no scripture in the Bible where God decrees someone saved. Not in the Old Testament or the New Testament. In the Old Testament they were saved by faith in God's promise of a savior.

"Abraham believed God and it was counted unto him for righteousness" Romans 5:3.

In the Calvinist Synod of Dordrecht, First Head, Article #6 it says, "That some receive the gift of faith from God and others do not receive it, PROCEEDS FROM GOD"S ETERNAL DECREE".

My question is, Why didn't God just decree that everyone be given faith to believe and save the whole world by a decree?

I suspect that if God did that it would spoil it for the Calvinist. They want to believe that God has chosen "SOME CERTAIN PERSONS" First Head, Article #10 to be saved and they are one of those "SOME CERTAIN PERSONS". This reeks with the spirit of arrogance and Pharisaism.

If God decreed salvation for some and not all , that would make God unjust, unmerciful and unrighteous. What is it that makes these "SOME CERTAIN PERSONS" more favorable to God than others? I have yet to hear an answer on that one.

The Pharisees also thought that they were special to God, Jesus referred to them as snakes, hypocrite and other insulting things, see Matthew the 23rd chapter. The minute that you think that you have done something special to merit favor with God is the minute that you have fallen from grace.

If God can just decree that "SOME CERTAIN PERSONS" are saved, then who needs Jesus Christ and his Gospel? It appears to me that the main objective of John Calvin's Calvinism was to by pass Jesus Christ and his Gospel and be saved by a decree from God. It is not going to happen that way. No need for you to come to Christ as a repentant sinner, God has decreed that you are saved. All of that crucifixion, blood and suffering of Jesus Christ was for nothing.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
There is no scripture in the Bible where God decrees someone saved. Not in the Old Testament or the New Testament. In the Old Testament they were saved by faith in God's promise of a savior.

"Abraham believed God and it was counted unto him for righteousness" Romans 5:3.

In the Calvinist Synod of Dordrecht, First Head, Article #6 it says, "That some receive the gift of faith from God and others do not receive it, PROCEEDS FROM GOD"S ETERNAL DECREE".

My question is, Why didn't God just decree that everyone be given faith to believe and save the whole world by a decree?

I suspect that if God did that it would spoil it for the Calvinist. They want to believe that God has chosen "SOME CERTAIN PERSONS" First Head, Article #10 to be saved and they are one of those "SOME CERTAIN PERSONS". This reeks with the spirit of arrogance and Pharisaism.

If God decreed salvation for some and not all , that would make God unjust, unmerciful and unrighteous. What is it that makes these "SOME CERTAIN PERSONS" more favorable to God than others? I have yet to hear an answer on that one.

The Pharisees also thought that they were special to God, Jesus referred to them as snakes, hypocrite and other insulting things, see Matthew the 23rd chapter. The minute that you think that you have done something special to merit favor with God is the minute that you have fallen from grace.

If God can just decree that "SOME CERTAIN PERSONS" are saved, then who needs Jesus Christ and his Gospel? It appears to me that the main objective of John Calvin's Calvinism was to by pass Jesus Christ and his Gospel and be saved by a decree from God. It is not going to happen that way. No need for you to come to Christ as a repentant sinner, God has decreed that you are saved. All of that crucifixion, blood and suffering of Jesus Christ was for nothing.

I don't know how else to do this... but... you are deeply missed.

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...Interlude-amp-DIRECT-ASSAULT-(Part-3)-execute

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...nderstood-Passage-in-the-Bible-Romans-5-12-18

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...ical-Origonal-Sin-Doctrine-(A-Multi-OP-Study)

http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?122468-Free-Will&highlight=calvinism

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...rmed-Theology-(Calvinism)&highlight=calvinism

http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?119462-Does-Calvinism-Make-God-Unjust&highlight=calvinism

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...ng-Gospel-of-Jesus-Christ&highlight=calvinism

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...tween-Calvinism-and-Islam&highlight=calvinism

beloved57

Another attack on the Gospel, by an individual who believes sinners Christ lived and died for are still lost !

Reactions: Lon

beloved57

Careful.

Some think when we respond to Robert that we are taking the bait.

Can you believe the egotism of some people?

Universal salvation has caused warping of the mind.
Universal Salvation is condemned also by Rom 5:10, because those Christ didn't die for are already condemned Jn 3:18, and they shall not see life in the future Jn 3:36. So the Universalist has a insurmountable hurdle with the fact that some men are under Gods Wrath and Condemned already, which can't be the case with people Christ died for.

Sent from my 5054N using TheologyOnline mobile app

Robert Pate

Banned
Another attack on the Gospel, by an individual who believes sinners Christ lived and died for are still lost !

The only sinners that Christ died for and are lost, are those sinners that have rejected God's great free gift of salvation that has been provided for EVERYONE by Jesus Christ, Hebrews 2:9.

God's Truth

In the Old Testament and New Testament, and even to this day, it is and has always been about believing and obeying God, no matter if it is just ‘do not eat from this tree’, or ‘do the purification works’…it is and always will be about believing and obeying.

That is about not having to do the purification works in order to be counted as righteousness. Now Jesus makes us righteous without the purification works, but we still have to believe and obey.

Calvinism is false, but so is ‘believe and do nothing’ and condemning those who believe and obey.

Calvinism and faith only teachers both are entrapped by the false teaching of doing something is evil and wrong.

The Pharisees enforced the good law but they did not practice what they preached.

Matthew 23:3 So you must be careful to do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach.

The Pharisees did not repent of their sins.

Luke 7:30 But the Pharisees and the experts in the law rejected God's purpose for themselves, because they had not been baptized by John.)

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The only sinners that Christ died for and are lost, are those sinners that have rejected God's great free gift of salvation that has been provided for EVERYONE by Jesus Christ, Hebrews 2:9.

The vast majority of people who have lived since human creation have never heard of Jesus Christ by that or any other name.

What happens to them?

beloved57

Pates gospel, Christ died for your sins, but it didn't save you ! Isnt that Good News ?

Eagles Wings

Universal Salvation is condemned also by Rom 5:10, because those Christ didn't die for are already condemned Jn 3:18, and they shall not see life in the future Jn 3:36. So the Universalist has a insurmountable hurdle with the fact that some men are under Gods Wrath and Condemned already, which can't be the case with people Christ died for.

Sent from my 5054N using TheologyOnline mobile app
I have a bit of a different view than you on election. I had changed my post while you were quoting me.

Agree that no one is lost who has been given faith in Christ, temporally, through regeneration by the Holy Spirit. John 3:3

Eagles Wings

[MENTION=18375]Evil.Eye.<(I)>[/MENTION]

Thanks for the taunting pm.

Made me re-commit to ignoring Robert Pate, as most of my Reformed brethren do.

beloved57

I have a bit of a different view than you on election. I had changed my post while you were quoting me.

Agree that no one is lost who has been given faith in Christ, temporally, through regeneration by the Holy Spirit. John 3:3

Strange belief !

Robert Pate

Banned
The vast majority of people who have lived since human creation have never heard of Jesus Christ by that or any other name.

What happens to them?

The Holy Spirit is in the world convicting all of their need for Christ.

Missionaries have reported that tribes in the remote areas of the world already know about Jesus and his Gospel before they have a chance to tell them. They say that it is written in the stars.

For good reading get Joseph A. Seiss book, "The Gospel in the Stars"

Robert Pate

Banned

No one is saved in the New Testament that does not hear and believe the Gospel, Romans 10:17.