Why do you say it's about race? What proof do you have?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There is no reason to use the word period...
Paul could have used any word, and it would still have only been about the actions of single individual and not a whole race (race as color).
Since when did not liking the uncalled for actions of a single black person make one a racist against a whole race?

drbrumley

It is still a word one does not use in any situation. TOL has banned the use of the word thru TOL censor for a reason....why is it they did that? Because it is a gross word to use period.

I still cannot believe I am having to explain simple concepts like this.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It is still a word one does not use in any situation. TOL has banned the use of the word thru TOL censor for a reason....why is it they did that? Because it is a gross word to use period.

I still cannot believe I am having to explain simple concepts like this.
I still can't believe you cannot distinguish the simple concept of the difference in hating what a single black man did compared to the whole race of blacks.

I mean, if you can be racist against a single black man, but not all blacks, then I doubt anyone alive isn't a racist against someone.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
On the contrary. All of this is spread out in many threads. Feel free to post examples of racism. My examples will go beyond posts by @intojoy but his racism should be exposed and discussed...
He just says that stuff to be funny, at the same time he makes some very good and valid points about how blacks oppress themselves.

drbrumley

I still can't believe you cannot distinguish the simple concept of the difference in hating what a single black man did compared to the whole race of blacks.

I mean, if you can be racist against a single black man, but not all blacks, then I doubt anyone alive isn't a racist against someone.

I know there is a difference..I never claimed the guy who said it was a racist, and I'm certain Wiz didn't either. My objection is his word choice, which was wrong. The word ****** has been a nasty word to use on a PERSON of the opposite color since it was first said. It depreciates the person....as does mother ******. Why don't we start using that word as well. It has no meaning I guess.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
It has never been an issue for me where I live.
The neighborhood I live in now has black, whites, and Mexicans.
We all use the idioms for those groups, and we think nothing of it.

Perhaps it would be more beneficial to suggest everyone live as me and my neighbors do, and not make more of it than what it is.
Instead of trying to convince everyone that only monsters use those words.
My neighborhood is pretty peaceful and we have fun together and help each other.

I mean, when you get right down to it, ****** just means black person, just like cracker just means white person.
The nigga words means nothing today, they use it with each other all the time.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Word meanings change over time...
By what authority?

I mean, my name is Sissy.
That term can have a lot of different meanings.
I don't get upset over the term being said out loud.
Life is a whole lot more peaceful that way.
Everyone should try it, and stop raising a stink about every little thing as if society if going to fall apart over such trivial things.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Good, but you KNOW what he said was wrong..
Or you are just over reacting and won't allow the word to mean anything other than a meaning of your choice.
There are lots of folks that don't choose to restrict it's meaning as much as you do.
You can remove the sting of the word without removing the word itself.
My neighborhood does that.
We use all the idioms - tar baby, jigaboo, blackie, etc.
We completely remove the sting.
And we make fun of folks that go berserk over such things.

glorydaz

A white man calling a black man is not a racist comment?

It's a matter of intent. It can be a descriptive, an insult, or a term of endearment.

Women are called lots of names, as are men. Are we going to whine and cry over names?

Yes, I know....the libs will whine and cry over anything. They get such hurt feelings. :nono: