Why do you say it's about race? What proof do you have?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Would you be ok with waitresses on protest at your tableside while youre having dinner or are they being paid to serve you and work the resturant, etcc. You get it. If they arent paid for their politics, they should practice them on their own time.

Maybe you can get this example better.

I think the nature of the protest is important. I don't know what type of protest you were envisioning for the waitress but with the NFL it's more about what the players are not doing than what they are doing. How many jobs involve the playing of the anthem? If there was a restaurant where for some reason we stood for the anthem before eating and my server decided to kneel, would I care? :idunno: I might think it odd with no context but I don't know if I would upset me that much. It would not affect my meal in any way. If the waitress was marching with a sign and chanting slogans while I'm trying to eat that would be more intrusive and I would not appreciate that. But the NFL players are not doing anything like that.

I can understand the idea that you should protest on your own time and not bring it into your workplace but in this case it's actually the NFL asking the players to do something and they are refusing. It's more passive than active.

ClimateSanity

So true.

2ba9956bd1c882d7330124b8cd6e27e2.jpg

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I can understand the idea that you should protest on your own time and not bring it into your workplace but in this case it's actually the NFL asking the players to do something and they are refusing. It's more passive than active.

Gosh, you mean an employer is actually asking someone to do what they get paid for?
Shameful. If they don't want to do part of their job description they can quit cant they?

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Nice catch. Trolls aren't generally very good at keeping track of what they write and this fruitcakes no exception...

I thought bashing gays was out of bounds with you. Good on you for having the ball to go on that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

I can understand why they are choosing to protest as they are. It was the only platform available to bring the police brutality towards blacks front and center. Until the DOJ, government and police apply the principle of *color-blindness* into their job description, there is no good reason to NOT protest.

Insofar as Trump ... this is just another issue to take the focus off of Russia and the horrible way he has handled the disaster in Puerto Rico.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I can understand why they are choosing to protest as they are. It was the only platform available to bring the police brutality towards blacks front and center. Until the DOJ, government and police apply the principle of *color-blindness* into their job description, there is no good reason to NOT protest.

Insofar as Trump ... this is just another issue to take the focus off of Russia and the horrible way he has handled the disaster in Puerto Rico.
Russia :rotfl:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
They get paid to play football.

Yep, not to practice their politics on the field, you're learning.

They also have coaches telling them to stand, if they wont follow what they are asked, they should be fired.

Rusha is a total hypocrite, she believes anyone should be fired for any reason, unless she likes the reason, then they should do as they want.

She is against someone practicing their faith, but not their politics, if those politics matches hers. Shes a cowardly hypocrite now.