Who will answer my questions?

oatmeal

Man is not greater than God, but God became a man...thus He is the great I AM.

If indeed "I am" refers to God only,

Then who is Moses?

Exodus 3:4 ".... God called to him out of the bush. And he said, "Here I am"

Moses replied to God and referred to himself as "I am"

Did he not?

combine that with Exodus 7:1 "And the Lord said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet."

and you now have two scriptures that prove that Moses is God! Right?

Why is not Moses included in the trinity, well, other than the fact that adding Moses would make four in one, instead of three in one?

What are the scriptures that prove that that conclusion is wrong?

everready

This will go on forever oatmeal until you are born again..

John 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Reason being until a person is born again they are in a natural state of being..

I Corinthians 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

everready

Truster

This will go on forever oatmeal until you are born again..

John 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Reason being until a person is born again they are in a natural state of being..

I Corinthians 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

everready

Amen and amen.

Truster

The question was "who was in the bush". Perhaps you missed it?

The person in the bush was the same as called out to Adam "where art thou". The same person who called out "follow me" in Galilee years later. The same person who called out to Lazarus, "come out" The same person who cried out, "it is paid" from that tree at Golgotha. The same person who called out to Saul, "why persecutest thou me"?

The reason for His coming and calling was to seek and to save the lost. He still calls out His own today. Out of darkness into light. Out of death and into life.

To the praise of the glory of His grace and amen.

I've just been reading that and it becomes evident how vast the work of salvation has been and indeed is. Never faltering, never missing a step and never losing any the Father gave Him....What honour and what praise He deserves. Yah Shua Messiah.

beameup

It was a translation issue. Perhaps you missed it?
everready
No, perhaps you never answered the question (who was in the bush? Well, it was not directed to you anyway...

And the angel of the LORD appeared unto him in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush: and he looked, and, behold, the bush burned with fire, and the bush was not consumed. And Moses said, I will now turn aside, and see this great sight, why the bush is not burnt. And when the LORD saw that he turned aside to see, God called unto him out of the midst of the bush, and said, Moses, Moses. And he said, Here am I.

oatmeal

The person in the bush was the same as called out to Adam "where art thou". The same person who called out "follow me" in Galilee years later. The same person who called out to Lazarus, "come out" The same person who cried out, "it is paid" from that tree at Golgotha. The same person who called out to Saul, "why persecutest thou me"?

The reason for His coming and calling was to seek and to save the lost. He still calls out His own today. Out of darkness into light. Out of death and into life.

To the praise of the glory of His grace and amen.

I've just been reading that and it becomes evident how vast the work of salvation has been and indeed is. Never faltering, never missing a step and never losing any the Father gave Him....What honour and what praise He deserves. Yah Shua Messiah.

Do you have a son or a daughter?

If you do, do people find it impossible to distinguish between you and your children.

I think probably not.

Why is it that so many Christians find it impossible to distinguish between God and His son?

Truster

Do you have a son or a daughter?

If you do, do people find it impossible to distinguish between you and your children.

I think probably not.

Why is it that so many Christians find it impossible to distinguish between God and His son?

I don't find it impossible.

"I and my Father are one".

The reason I don't find it impossible is...

"Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which trust on me through their word; That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us:"
...because this is a living reality for me. I am one with the Father, the Son and with all those that are called into eternal life.

Not just words. Not simply repeated scriptures, but a living, breathing reality that won't let me go.

To the praise of the glory of His grace and the wisdom the world considers foolishness, amen.

oatmeal

I don't find it impossible.

"I and my Father are one".

The reason I don't find it impossible is...

"Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which trust on me through their word; That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us:"
...because this is a living reality for me. I am one with the Father, the Son and with all those that are called into eternal life.

Not just words. Not simply repeated scriptures, but a living, breathing reality that won't let me go.

To the praise of the glory of His grace and the wisdom the world considers foolishness, amen.

If you are or were married,

Were you and your wife one?

Where you one person or two?

If you worked at being likeminded like scripture says we should, did you become likeminded? did you become one?

What is there to be likeminded about, except scripture, about doing God's will, not our own

Truster

If you are or were married,

Were you and your wife one?

Where you one person or two?

If you worked at being likeminded like scripture says we should, did you become likeminded? did you become one?

What is there to be likeminded about, except scripture, about doing God's will, not our own

When I was married I was an unconverted drunk and hedonist. So was my wife. In His wisdom the Almighty separated us before He saved me and left her in sin.

Truster

When I was married I was an unconverted drunk and hedonist. So was my wife. In His wisdom the Almighty separated us before He saved me and left her in sin.

PS

Before I was saved I remember telling some friends that we had split and announcing that she had the best deal. Because, she had been able to leave me, but I was stuck with me. Soon after that I was converted and free of my old self.

To the praise of the glory of His grace, amen.

glorydaz

glorydaz,

That is a very intriguing question

One reason is that it is hypothetical

Another reason is that it assumes a few things that you would have to prove is within my power.

Another problem is that it does not convey the big picture, it is a narrow view.

Another problem occurs when we take one verse and make that one verse absolute doctrine doctrine without looking at the other verses on the same topic.

I am willing to work this one with you, if you are truly interested

Just as a sample of some of the problems that I see with your question

Why would I be pleased to send my son to suffer and die?

What would my son benefit from such a sacrifice?

What would I get out of it?

Am I to assume that if my son suffered and died, someone would benefit from that?

There is not one indication that anyone would benefit from such a sacrifice.

You do not say so. Thus only a foolish evil person would be pleased to send his son to suffer and die for no apparent reason

However, if I could promise my son truthfully that if he subjected himself to the worst the Devil, the prince of this world could dish out to him, that he would benefit all that believed on my word and that I would raise him from the dead after he was interred three days and three nights and that I would reward him exceedingly for his self sacrifice to make salvation/redemption available to all who choose to receive that gift, then we have a far different question than the one you asked.

Of course, you seem to asking "If you, (oatmeal) was God would I (oatmeal) be pleased to send my son to suffer and die?"

Well, am I God? Am I a son of God, I John 3:1-2 God? or am I a son of God?

Are you suggesting that I qualify to be God?

Am I to assume that my thoughts are as high as God's thoughts? That my ways are as high as God's ways?

Can I assume to know what I would do if I was God?

If I was God would things be different?

Can you make me to be God so that I could answer the question as a genuinely true question?

Shall I go on?

No, Oats....I think you've gone a bit too far already. ;)

glorydaz

God became a man? the same God who stated, "I am the Lord I change not" Malachi 3

The same God who stated in Numbers 23:19

God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?

God is not a man, neither is God the son of man.

God did not have to change. He made man in His image. :)

glorydaz

If indeed "I am" refers to God only,

Then who is Moses?

Exodus 3:4 ".... God called to him out of the bush. And he said, "Here I am"

Moses replied to God and referred to himself as "I am"

Did he not?

combine that with Exodus 7:1 "And the Lord said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet."

and you now have two scriptures that prove that Moses is God! Right?

Why is not Moses included in the trinity, well, other than the fact that adding Moses would make four in one, instead of three in one?

What are the scriptures that prove that that conclusion is wrong?

Neither verse proves Moses is God.

Admitting where you are does not make you God, and being a god to Pharaoh does not make you God, either.

You'll have to try a little harder than that, Oats.

oatmeal

No, Oats....I think you've gone a bit too far already. ;)

Yes, the amount of time I put into scripture is overwhelming for the neophyte to scripture

I actually care what scripture says.

I give a great deal of thought to it.

It would be embarrassing to answer my questions for it would expose the lack of understanding on their part.

oatmeal

Neither verse proves Moses is God.

Admitting where you are does not make you God, and being a god to Pharaoh does not make you God, either.

You'll have to try a little harder than that, Oats.

Well, then why would John 8:58 supposedly prove that Jesus is God?

Why then would Hebrews 1:8 supposedly prove that Jesus is God?

Or John 20:28?

glorydaz

Including His son, the man Christ Jesus. I Timothy 2:5

Yes, the man Christ Jesus represented humanity.

And after becoming flesh, that same Jesus Christ represented God. John 1:1

Galatians 3:20 Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one.​

It's what makes Him the perfect Mediator. He was God and Man. :thumb: