Who will answer my questions?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Genesis 3

1Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made.

Shia :box: Sunni

"Pentecostal" :box: Calvinist

oatmeal

This is the most direct. What is happening? There it is in the visual for you. The Father poured his wrath out on the Son.

See Psalm 22 to know why he called out Why have you forsaken me.

Was God directing the people who mocked and spit on him?

Was God directing the people who cuffed him with their fists?

Was God directing the people who whipped him mercilessly?

Was God directing the people who nailed him to the tree?

What did Jesus say about who was going to be doing all that?

John 14:30

Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me.

Who is the prince of this world?

Who offered to Jesus the kingdoms of this world when Jesus was out in the wilderness for forty day and forty nights?

Luke 4:5-8

5 And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time.

6 And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it.

7 If thou therefore wilt worship me, all shall be thine.

8 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

The Devil is the prince of this world.

If the Devil was bluffing, Jesus Christ would have called him on it.

Jesus Christ offered his perfect life in exchange for our corrupted lives.

He paid the price to release us from the bondage that Satan had us in.

God was just to himself, to us and to the Devil in paying the ransom, the price of His only begotten son.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Was God directing the people who mocked and spit on him?

Was God directing the people who cuffed him with their fists?

Was God directing the people who whipped him mercilessly?

Was God directing the people who nailed him to the tree?

Yes. Read and believe your Bible. And it pleased him to do so.

oatmeal

Yes. Read and believe your Bible. And it pleased him to do so.

No, God was not.

He knew the price to be paid and His son willingly paid it.

It pleased God that His son humbled himself and willingly took on our sins and paid for our redemption and salvation.

When we recognize the Hebrew idiom of permission then we realize that God allowed that to happen to his son.

God knew what His son would go through, and told him so through the OT scriptures.

CherubRam

Most of the time God's personal name is given the interpretation "The Lord." Occasionally Yahshua is called "lord." The answers to your questions can be found in a NIV Exhaustive Concordance.

glorydaz

You are proof of original sin. You are proof that man is unable to seek that which is good, just and true. You are proof of spiritual death that the sons of Adam inherit.

This oft repeated verse fits you, so wear it:

That seeing they may see, and not perceive; and hearing they may hear, and not understand; lest at any time they should be converted, and their sins should be forgiven them.​

That has nothing to do with "original sin". Too bad Bluster has me on ignore. Guess he doesn't want to hear.

Acts 28:26-28
26 Saying, Go unto this people, and say, Hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and not perceive: 27 For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

28 Be it known therefore unto you, that the salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles, and that they will hear it.

oatmeal

That has nothing to do with "original sin". Too bad Bluster has me on ignore. Guess he doesn't want to hear.

Acts 28:26-28
26 Saying, Go unto this people, and say, Hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and not perceive: 27 For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

28 Be it known therefore unto you, that the salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles, and that they will hear it.

Thanks for contributing that. There are other passages like that.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No, God was not.

10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise Him; He has put Him to grief. When You make His soul an offering for sin, He shall see His seed, He shall prolong His days, And the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in His hand.

Believe your Bible. What does God think of sin? What did the Lord Jesus Christ do?

21 For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.

Believe your Bible.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

There is a reason you don't see him ever, ever, preach the good news. His testimony is God forced him, and changed his behavior against his will.

Truster = just another godless heathen who is here to deceive.

oatmeal

10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise Him; He has put Him to grief. When You make His soul an offering for sin, He shall see His seed, He shall prolong His days, And the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in His hand.

Believe your Bible. What does God think of sin? What did the Lord Jesus Christ do?

21 For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.

Believe your Bible.

I quite understand those passages, but I also know something of the culture of the time and some of the common idioms of the time.

everready

I'll answer your question with another question:
Now Moses was pasturing the flock of Jethro his father-in-law, the priest of Midian; and he led the flock to the west side of the wilderness and came to Horeb, the mountain of God [aka: Sinai]
The angel of YHWH appeared to him in a blazing fire from the midst of a bush; and he looked, and behold, the bush was burning with fire, yet the bush was not consumed.
So Moses said, “I must turn aside now and see this marvelous sight, why the bush is not burned up.”

When YHWH saw that he [Moses] turned aside to look, God called to him from the midst of the bush and said, “Moses, Moses!” And he said, “Here I am.” - Exodus 3:1-4

Who is "in the bush"?

Correction: Moses didn't say here i am..

Exodus 3:4 And when the LORD saw that he turned aside to see, God called unto him out of the midst of the bush, and said, Moses, Moses. And he said, Here am I.

He said here am I..

Jesus is the great I Am..

Exodus 3:14 And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

John 8:58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

O.k. carry on..

everready

beameup

Correction: Moses didn't say here i am..

Exodus 3:4 And when the LORD saw that he turned aside to see, God called unto him out of the midst of the bush, and said, Moses, Moses. And he said, Here am I.

He said here am I..

Jesus is the great I Am.

The question was "who was in the bush". Perhaps you missed it?

glorydaz

I quite understand those passages, but I also know something of the culture of the time and some of the common idioms of the time.

Would you be pleased to send your son to suffer and die, or would you become flesh in order to stay true to your word that you were the ONLY SAVIOUR? I think your idea of father and son is different than God's.

oatmeal

Would you be pleased to send your son to suffer and die, or would you become flesh in order to stay true to your word that you were the ONLY SAVIOUR? I think your idea of father and son is different than God's.

glorydaz,

That is a very intriguing question

One reason is that it is hypothetical

Another reason is that it assumes a few things that you would have to prove is within my power.

Another problem is that it does not convey the big picture, it is a narrow view.

Another problem occurs when we take one verse and make that one verse absolute doctrine doctrine without looking at the other verses on the same topic.

I am willing to work this one with you, if you are truly interested

Just as a sample of some of the problems that I see with your question

Would you be pleased to send your son to suffer and die....?

Why would I be pleased to send my son to suffer and die?

What would my son benefit from such a sacrifice?

What would I get out of it?

Am I to assume that if my son suffered and died, someone would benefit from that?

There is not one indication that anyone would benefit from such a sacrifice.

You do not say so. Thus only a foolish evil person would be pleased to send his son to suffer and die for no apparent reason

However, if I could promise my son truthfully that if he subjected himself to the worst the Devil, the prince of this world could dish out to him, that he would benefit all that believed on my word and that I would raise him from the dead after he was interred three days and three nights and that I would reward him exceedingly for his self sacrifice to make salvation/redemption available to all who choose to receive that gift, then we have a far different question than the one you asked.

Of course, you seem to asking "If you, (oatmeal) was God would I (oatmeal) be pleased to send my son to suffer and die?"

Well, am I God? Am I a son of God, I John 3:1-2 God? or am I a son of God?

Are you suggesting that I qualify to be God?

Am I to assume that my thoughts are as high as God's thoughts? That my ways are as high as God's ways?

Can I assume to know what I would do if I was God?

If I was God would things be different?

Can you make me to be God so that I could answer the question as a genuinely true question?

Shall I go on?

Last edited:

oatmeal

Man is not greater than God, but God became a man...thus He is the great I AM.

God became a man? the same God who stated, "I am the Lord I change not" Malachi 3

The same God who stated in Numbers 23:19

God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?

God is not a man, neither is God the son of man.

Jesus Christ is the son of man, but God is not the son of man.

Did all of God become a man?

If so then, as you define God, the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit all became flesh. If so, then you could accurately state that God became man, for your definition of God includes all three.

did the entire being of God, who Jesus states is spirit, John 4:24, change from being spirit to become only flesh and bones?

If so, the Jesus was in error to state that God is spirit for Jesus if he is God, was not spirit but flesh and bones

Do believe that God is consistent with truth?

Or did just one part of God become man?

If only one part of God became man then God was no longer three but two for God being spirit, one third was no longer spirit but body and soul

God is quite clear about that. God had a son.

That son is as God makes very clear, the son of God, but not God himself, if the son of God was the same being as God himself then God did not have a son

Last edited:

oatmeal

God became a man? the same God who stated, "I am the Lord I change not" Malachi 3

The same God who stated in Numbers 23:19

God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?

God is not a man, neither is God the son of man.

Jesus Christ is the son of man, but God is not the son of man.

Did all of God die or just part of God die?

If all of God died then who raised him from the dead, if God was not dead but alive then God did not die. If God did die, then God could not be alive to be able to raise himself, now could he?

If our sins required the death of God, then if only part of God died, did that part die for only part of our sins? For if God had to die for our sins, and only part of God died, then only part of our sins were paid for, right?

Which sins were paid for and which ones were not paid for?

If only part of God had to die, then those who say that God had to die for our sins are in error. what do you say to them? what scriptures correct their doctrine?

Last edited: