White Lives Matter

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I would say it's darn near impossible to know what something feels like that you have never experienced.
But it's not hard to empathize with anyone who suffers an injustice, or a hurt. We share a common human experience that should inform us sufficiently, once we identify with the object of our consideration.

I don't know why anyone would even spend their time trying to imagine themselves in some morbid situation. That seems like a very unintelligent thing to do, not to mention unhealthy. One can tell when another is hurting without having to experience the same hurt.
I'd say you don't have to be crucified to appreciate the Passion, or morbid to consider it and its impact. And you don't have to be a victim of a particular crime to empathize with those who are, or walk about chastising yourself to appreciate injustice.

So. It's history. Happened in a lot of places a lot of times with atrocities that exceed what happened in America.
Would you say that to a rape victim? Of course not. Well, you shouldn't feel callous about any injustice, especially one that works to your (and my) advantage.

It has been suggested and believed by many blacks that they are descendants of the Egyptian monarchies of old.
Most blacks? All? It's mostly not the case, so I don't see the value of it as an issue to take anywhere. Just as most of us aren't the descendants of the Kings of England.

Have you been telling them that they should be ashamed of what their ancestors did and live in guilt over it for the rest of their lives?
I'm not beginning to argue that it's reasonable for you to carry guilt about something you didn't do. That's not remotely what this is about. It's about injustice and how we address and recognize it, both in the root and in the ongoing. And that's not something from ancient Egypt, thousands of years gone. There are millions of Americans who lived during segregation and before this country really BEGAN to address the fundamental racial inequity that was in much of the country a thing seated in law.

And the impact of that is current, as are some ills.

It's just stupid to try and lay a guilt trip on today"s generation for something their ancestors did.
I don't have to feel the least guilt to feel empathy. I don't have to believe myself a perpetrator of injustice to recognize injustice. And if anyone thinks that the Voting Rights Act ended the problem and inequities of race in this country they're profoundly mistaken. If they don't believe that it did then it's time to join in the conversation about ending habits and practices and attitudes that don't serve a just end or nation.

May not be where you are coming from.
Geography doesn't factor. It's about addressing a present evil and continuing to diminish its impact within our compact.

You would make a poor judge of a competition.
You didn't answer the questions, but I'd love to hear you support that with something I've said. I'd be a great judge. I don't have to think the kid that doesn't take first, second, or third sucks to be a good judge. In fact, I'd say someone who did think that way would stink on ice as a judge of anything meaningful.

Danoh

midnight-cowboy-rizzo-dies.JPG

:rotfl:

marhig

Oh, ok.

Worshiping another god would be a no-brainer. Break it.
But what sort of law, other than worshiping another god, can you think of that would be considered one that you would need to break?
I'll see if and when it happens, but their are laws I don't agree with.

musterion

Know what's really odd?

The Left never denounced the dozens of BushChimpyHitler gif's of Bush as a monkey. Yet when someone applied the same to Obama, SUDDENLY it was racist.

Which tells you how the Left has actually viewed black people all along: as advanced but subhuman primates.

Because if everyone was TRULY equal, insulting a white man or black man with comparisons to chimps would be EQUALLY stupid and EQUALLY bad.

But it isn't, according to the Left. One is merely funny but the other is actually evil.

Their outrage tells you there's an element of truth in it for them. Black people really aren't fully human; if they were, they'd be afforded the dignity of receiving and refuting stupid, dehumanizing, self-evidently false insults all on their own.

Comparing Obama (or whichever black person) to a chimp is especially outrageous to the Left only because the Left believes there's actually something to it.

So the Left must have its double standards...one for white folks, one for their colored primate voter children, of whom the Left are the self-appointed guardians, caretakers, leaders and saviors.

Last edited:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I'm categorically stating that those laws that treat black people as inferior citizens ... (are)... a blight on humanity's history.

descendants of africans who were not enslaved by the British (and Americans):

url-1.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Suffering-Children.jpeg

descendants of Africans who were enslaved by the British (and Americans):

o-ROSA-PARKS-facebook.jpg

:baby: "wahh! my human dignity is offended by having to sit in the back of the bus!"

and you retarded liberals bought it hook line and sinker :nono:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It's mostly not the case, so I don't see the value of it as an issue to take anywhere. Just as most of us aren't the descendants of the Kings of England.
Not directly descendant of individual kings and pharaohs, but the descendants of those kingdoms that enslaved others that were not of them, as the Egyptian kingdom did with Israel.
They are proud of their ancestral heritage as a heyday of their superiority and accomplishments.
And that heyday includes the enslavement of Israel and the murdering of their children, not to mention that after Egypt agreed to free them they went after them to kill them all.

If we are going to talk about the good and bad of slavery, there is a lot of history to talk about and none of it should be irrelevant to the topic.
Either slavery is a scourge that should have never happened anywhere at any time or it is not.

It's about injustice and how we address and recognize it, both in the root and in the ongoing.
Well, if it was about injustice in general, then all of history is relevant, and not just one particular time in history.

And that's not something from ancient Egypt, thousands of years gone.
Ancient Egypt practiced slavery, TH.
Why is that less relevant that any other time in history slavery was practiced?

Tell us, how many years have to pass for the time American practiced slavery to be considered no longer relevant to today????????

There are millions of Americans who lived during segregation and before this country really BEGAN to address the fundamental racial inequity that was in much of the country a thing seated in law.
How long did it take before Egypt really BEGAN to address the inequality they practiced?
(Just wondering how much time has to pass before you render it irrelevant as you have with Egypt's past.)

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Not directly descendant of individual kings and pharaohs, but the descendants of those kingdoms that enslaved others that were not of them, as the Egyptian kingdom did with Israel.
They are proud of their ancestral heritage as a heyday of their superiority and accomplishments.
And that heyday includes the enslavement of Israel and the murdering of their children, not to mention that after Egypt agreed to free them they went after them to kill them all.

If we are going to talk about the good and bad of slavery, there is a lot of history to talk about and none of it should be irrelevant to the topic.
Either slavery is a scourge that should have never happened anywhere at any time or it is not.
I've never held, believed or professed that it was something other than what it was, though what it was in some periods and places was less odious than what it was in others. In some societies slaves had some rudimentary rights and even options. Mostly not.

Well, if it was about injustice in general, then all of history is relevant, and not just one particular time in history.
Except that's not a reading of the quote or the context. I'm speaking of and to particular injustice.

Ancient Egypt practiced slavery, TH. Why is that less relevant that any other time in history slavery was practiced?
I only just told you. The injured parties and the aftermath are centuries gone. That's not what we're talking about here.

Tell us, how many years have to pass for the time American practiced slavery to be considered no longer relevant to today????????
The first mistake you're making in that is assuming the subject is slavery. Slavery begot the bastard child of institutionalized racism that denied essential right for another hundred years or so here as a matter of law, which gave way to the purely social but ever so potent form and influence that continued after. How long will it take to clean that up? I don't know. I know we've made real, demonstrable progress on the point and I'm confident we can eventually get to the place where it's down to pockets of stupidity that are simply the natural result of enough humans with poor educations, the worst expression of the ethnocentric principle, and the need to blame their troubles on someone else.

What I'm pretty sure of is this: you don't eradicate something that insinuated into the fabric of society within the lifetime of people who directly experienced some of the worst it had to offer. If anyone thinks otherwise I'd suggest they're staggeringly naive.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
I've never held, believed or professed that it was something other than what it was, though what it was in some periods and places was less odious than what it was in others. In some societies slaves had some rudimentary rights and even options. Mostly not.

Slavery is something God tolerated- in the same way He tolerated polygamy, really.
It was not what He desired of man, but it was how the world worked at the time.

Whatchu gonna do, go to war over it :idunno:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The Left never denounced the dozens of BushChimpyHitler gif's of Bush as a monkey. Yet when someone applied the same to Obama, SUDDENLY it was racist.
The Hitler bit you get on both sides in just about any presidency.

The chimp bit was to mock Bush's intelligence. It's a low attack, but it isn't racist in nature. When you use the imagery with a black man or woman you have to understand the linkage, the history of that use. That's where it draws its power. To pretend otherwise in an effort to produce a strained hypocrisy that isn't actually in evidence (unless the leftist in question is normally outraged about low method) is simply unreasonable.

Which tells you how the Left has actually viewed black people all along: as advanced but subhuman primates.
Complete nonsense without the connective tissue that would begin to make its case. You're like someone suggesting that to drop the N bomb on a white guy must be just as insulting as it would be to a black man and for the same reason. You don't believe that yourself.

Because if everyone was TRULY equal, insulting a white man or black man with comparisons to chimps would be EQUALLY stupid and EQUALLY bad.
Supra.

Their outrage tells you there's an element of truth in it for them.
An olde but still a vitally incongruous and intellectually bankrupt "argument". The outrageous sparks outrage. It doesn't imply anything more.

Black people really aren't fully human; if they were, they'd be afforded the dignity of receiving and refuting stupid, dehumanizing, self-evidently false insults all on their own.
Acts that should shock our conscience don't belong singularly to the victim because what we say or do about it (or fail to say or do) reflects on us and on the society we value.

Comparing Obama (or whichever black person) to a chimp is especially outrageous to the Left only because the Left believes there's actually something to it.
No, it's outrageous because it is an expression utilized by racists to demean and dehumanize blacks, with a rich history of illustration on the point. And if you ever use it that's the foundation you're building and trading upon.

So the Left must have its double standards
Your lack of understanding, willful or otherwise, doesn't create a double standard.

ok doser

When you use the imagery with a black man or woman you have to understand the linkage, the history of that use.

well, no, you don't "have to", no matter how loudly you insist

and even if you do understand it, you can recognize that it isn't always in play

iow, the same reasons that made "bush is a chimp" funny make "bammy is a chimp" funny

and i'm not interested in heeding the outraged opinions of retards who think it has to be racist, no matter how hard they stamp foot and demand it

now go right ahead and stamp your foot :chuckle:

ok doser

No, it's (comparing bammy to a chimp) outrageous because it is an expression utilized by racists to demean and dehumanize blacks, with a rich history of illustration on the point. And if you ever use it that's the foundation you're building and trading upon.

"if you ever use it that's the foundation you're building and trading upon"

again, no

no matter how loudly you insist

sorry :idunno: