ECT Which road are you on the narrow or the wide ?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Did you not read that I said the works of God. And that God changes our hearts? Without God we can do nothing I can't do anything whatsoever without God. My faith is completely in him. It's not my works, it's the works that God is doing in my heart, changing me from the world loving person I was, to have a heart more like his son.

And yes a do nothing gospel. If people begin to think that they don't have to do anything, then they believe in a do nothing gospel which isn't the gospel of Christ.

I read this last night

Hebrews 13:16

But to do good and to communicate forget not: for with such sacrifices God is well pleased.

This is what it is to be a living sacrifice. To good, and turn from sin
And always be thinking of God and don't forget to comunicate and speak the things of God when possible, bringing God and Christ to others. In other words, putting ourselves last and God first and always being ready to do his will. Having him in our hearts and minds and never forgetting him in our daily lives. This is the sacrifice that God is well pleased with.

The father is he who performs the good works within our hearts and we have to obey him and carry them out in our lives, without God we can do nothing. And I know the I'm nothing without God and Christ, without them I would be still dead in sin. I can't do anything without them and without the power of the Spirit daily helping me to overcome.
So, it's all about what YOU do

marhig

So, it's all about what YOU do
No Patrick it's all about glorifying God and Christ and we can't do that if we love our lives before him and we aren't willing to lay them down for others.

I've said, it's not what I do. It's what God can do in and through us.

If you have a diamond covered in dust then you can't see the diamond shine. Our flesh is the dust, and the light of Christ can't shine through whilst we are still covered in the flesh. Our life has to go, our flesh has to be put to death by the power of the Spirit through Christ for the light to shine brightly. If we carry on living to please ourselves and put our lives before God then we bury Christ and he can't do anything through us, just like burying the talents. Christ can't live if we bury him and don't live it out and share him with others, we have to become last and put him first, be a doer of the word, and be willing to leave our old life behind, And truly follow him and he will will save us from death darkness and this world of sin and bring us into life and the glorious light of God.

marhig

The wide gate is not the way of the world it is the way of denominational religion and many go in thereat. The strait gate is not the same as the door. Messiah is the door but He is not the strait gate.
The false churches are part of the world along with anything else that satan has a hold of, deceiving the world, deceiving those who are in darkness, those following the Broadway to destruction, putting themselves first and God last!

And the only a way out of it is to repent, have faith, and truly follow Christ and live by the will of God and by his grace we will be saved.

DAN P

lol, as MAD does everything they can to destroy the context of the majority of scripture.

Hi and did you ( dodge ) check Acts 2:47 to see if the GREEK WORD ADDED was in the Greek IMPERFECT TENSE , ACTIVE VOICE and in the INDICATIVE MOOD ??

The word CALLOW is a good call for you !!

dan p

Danoh

Did you not read that I said the works of God. And that God changes our hearts? Without God we can do nothing I can't do anything whatsoever without God. My faith is completely in him. It's not my works, it's the works that God is doing in my heart, changing me from the world loving person I was, to have a heart more like his son.

And yes a do nothing gospel. If people begin to think that they don't have to do anything, then they believe in a do nothing gospel which isn't the gospel of Christ.

I read this last night

But to do good and to communicate forget not: for with such sacrifices God is well pleased.

And always be thinking of God and don't forget to comunicate and speak the things of God when possible, bringing God and Christ to others. In other words, putting ourselves last and God first and always being ready to do his will. Having him in our hearts and minds and never forgetting him in our daily lives. This is the sacrifice that God is well pleased with.

The father is he who performs the good works within our hearts and we have to obey him and carry them out in our lives, without God we can do nothing. And I know the I'm nothing without God and Christ, without them I would be still dead in sin. I can't do anything without them and without the power of the Spirit daily helping me to overcome.

So long as yours is not PERFORMANCE Based Acceptance (see the short 10 min. video below)...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9b3FGwwAJ5w

Rom. 5:8

glorydaz

I read this last night

Why are you talking about yourself so much? :chew:

glorydaz

So Jesus saying the following does not apply to you ?

Matthew 11:
28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Jesus said to come unto Him and He would give us rest was He lying ?
What yoke and burden do you believe Jesus is talking about ?
Jesus said His yoke is easy what yoke ?
Jesus said His burden was light what burden ?
If you do not follow Jesus you are NOT a Christian. Really it is pretty simple.

For some reason you stop short of applying the Lord's words to His work on the cross. The rest He offers is from the heavy burden of trying to earn your salvation. He's comparing the yoke with the GIFT of salvation, and the burden with the REST.

He reveals all this to Paul, but you avoid Paul's teachings like the Plague. You take the Lord's words that His burden is light and try to impose them on others exactly like the pharisees did with their law keeping.

You speak of His yoke and burden, but you don't even know what they are, do you? If you say they are the same burden of legalism and self-righteousness as what the pharisees carried, you're wrong. If you say we're to pull our weight with Jesus like the oxen do, you're wrong. You are claiming His yoke is work instead of rest, and His burden is heavy instead of light. And you challenge us to join you in your boasting of pulling your own weight.

Salvation is a Gift and through faith we find rest.

Danoh

Yes, I know you keep saying it, but you don't really mean it, do you? Otherwise you wouldn't be lecturing others about not doing anything.

I take it your lecturing others about not lecturing others is an exception to your rule?

As for the not doing nor doing - neither circumcision, nor uncircumcision availeth much.

:chuckle:

glorydaz

I take it your lecturing others about not lecturing others is an exception to your rule?

As for the not doing nor doing - neither circumcision, nor uncircumcision availeth much.

:chuckle:

And your lecturing me for responding to her comment to me is called what?

marhig

Yes, I know you keep saying it, but you don't really mean it, do you? Otherwise you wouldn't be lecturing others about not doing anything.
I'm not lecturing anyone, I'm just saying that I believe that the gospel isn't a do nothing gospel. In other words, we can't just say that by saying "I believe" with our mouths and doing nothing more than that is going to be alright before God. If we truly love him, we will live to please him and truly follow Jesus baring witness to the truth through him

And as God teaches and guides us in our hearts then I believe that those who are truly born of God will want to obey him and live by his will and we will then live out the works that God does within our hearts and in doing so, produce the fruit of the Spirit

God doesn't just make us do what he wants, we have freewill to choose each day to do his will or not. But the stronger we become in God. the less the world means to us, and the more we want to live to please our Father in heaven.

But, we can't do anything without God and Christ. We need the power of God to help us to overcome, and we can only do it through Christ Jesus.

glorydaz

I'm not lecturing anyone,

Of course you are.

I'm just saying that I believe that the gospel isn't a do nothing gospel.

You just said you can do nothing.

In other words, we can't just say that by saying "I believe" with our mouths and doing nothing more than that is going to be alright before God.

We can say whatever we want....like you do when you claim you do nothing.

I would point out that the Gospel is a matter of believing in our HEARTS...not believing with our mouths or even our heads. There are lots of people who have the lip service and the false claims of "dying to self" that don't pass muster when the Lord sees into the heart.

If we truly love him, we will live to please him and truly follow Jesus baring witness to the truth through him

That's an easy thing for any mouth to say. Is that the believing with our mouths that you're talking about?

And as God teaches and guides us in our hearts then I believe that those who are truly born of God will want to obey him and live by his will and we will then[/YELLOW] live out the works that God does within our hearts and in doing so, produce the fruit of the Spirit

See, there ya go. The fruit of the Spirit is produced by the Spirit. The Spirit produces His fruit in all who He indwells. So, your worry about those who believe unto righteousness is silly since they are righteous, and all your claims to the contrary are merely bringing false charges against those in the body of Christ.

God doesn't just make us do what he wants, we have freewill to choose each day to do his will or not. But the stronger we become in God. the less the world means to us, and the more we want to live to please our Father in heaven.

Self-righteous mumbo jumbo. In fact, those who believe are created IN CHRIST as new creatures. Are you daring to take credit for that? Really? What gall.

But, we can't do anything without God and Christ. We need the power of God to help us to overcome, and we can only do it through Christ Jesus.

Back to the poor me helpless act again..... and that "do nothing gospel". :nono:

Danoh

And your lecturing me for responding to her comment to me is called what?

:rotfl:

I knew you'd say exactly that.

And your pointing your finger at me for pointing mine at yours...is called what? :chuckle:

Nevertheless, Rom. 5:8

marhig

Of course you are.

You just said you can do nothing.

We can say whatever we want....like you do when you claim you do nothing.

I would point out that the Gospel is a matter of believing in our HEARTS...not believing with our mouths or even our heads. There are lots of people who have the lip service and the false claims of "dying to self" that don't pass muster when the Lord sees into the heart.

That's an easy thing for any mouth to say. Is that the believing with our mouths that you're talking about?

See, there ya go. The fruit of the Spirit is produced by the Spirit. The Spirit produces His fruit in all who He indwells. So, your worry about those who believe unto righteousness is silly since they are righteous, and all your claims to the contrary are merely bringing false charges against those in the body of Christ.

Self-righteous mumbo jumbo. In fact, those who believe are created IN CHRIST as new creatures. Are you daring to take credit for that? Really? What gall.

Back to the poor me helpless act again..... and that "do nothing gospel". :nono:
No matter what I say, you will try to see wrong in it, and pick at it. So I'll just say that I'm simply trying to say that without God I can't do anything, I mention myself to show how much he's changed my heart. That's it, I'm sure you'll find something to pick at even in that!

By the way, I do talk about dying to self yes, but, we can't die to self without the power of the Holy Spirit to help us overcome.