ECT Which road are you on the narrow or the wide ?

dodge

Paul puts it another way because he was the apostle to the Gentiles (uncircumcision), as others have been trying to tell you. Paul does that because it was the Jews who recognized the analogy of the narrow and wide ways....as used in the Jewish cannon - measurements in cubits for gates in the public way, etc. Even the words for Grace and faith come from the Hebrew for pitching a tent and the tent stakes, which makes them even clearer once understood.

Grace being the big tent which we access though faith.

Saved by Grace though faith. Eph. 2:8

The wide road is where all men walk when they are in unbelief, and when they follow the desires of their flesh. Grace is the blood of Christ shed for the sins of the world (the big tent (GRACE) covers the wide road).

BUT we cannot access that GRACE except through FAITH (the strait gate and narrow way)

Matt. 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: 14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.​

I do not disagree with anything you posted , but why stop there ? Grace through faith to get on the narrow road right ? So why do so many kick against the narrow road , following Jesus, which God the Father provides through and in Jesus. No one can earn salvation,that is a given, but grace with no responsibility on the receivers part is not grace it is license to disobey God and justify sin. Sin is the reason God gave us the possibility of repentance NOT for salvation but to stay in right relation with the savior. Scripture says God gives grace to the humble but resist the proud. If a follower of Jesus sins should they not ask God to forgive and restore them on the narrow road, or do you believe your course is on auto pilot ?

dodge

The wide gate is not the way of the world it is the way of denominational religion and many go in thereat. The strait gate is not the same as the door. Messiah is the door but He is not the strait gate.

IS there a difference between denominational religion and the "way of the world" ? Don't both deny God and justify themselves in the end ?

Right Divider

Body part
So Jesus saying the following does not apply to you ?

Matthew 11:
28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Jesus said to come unto Him and He would give us rest was He lying ?
What yoke and burden do you believe Jesus is talking about ?
Jesus said His yoke is easy what yoke ?
Jesus said His burden was light what burden ?
If you do not follow Jesus you are NOT a Christian. Really it is pretty simple.
MANY things that the LORD Jesus Christ said are UNIVERSALLY applicable; SOME are not.

That you cannot tell the difference is clear.

Do YOU follow Matt 23:1-3?

What do YOU think that the LORD Jesus Christ meant when He said that He was send only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel? I'd really like to hear YOUR explanation of that.

Truster

IS there a difference between denominational religion and the "way of the world" ? Don't both deny God and justify themselves in the end ?

The world and denominational religion are both influenced by the prince of the power of the air just as all religions and pure atheism are. But there is a difference as the religious on the broad way profess a relationship with the Almighty. If the broad way were to carry the name of an historical character it would be called Cains Way.

DAN P

Could this be why some teach that repentance was for Israel ?

Looks like Satan already won the battle if YOU ignore the teachings of Jesus !

Mat 7:13

Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
Mat 7:14
because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Hi and tell us how you found the STRAIT GATE ??

And because of verse 14 , the strait gate leads to LIFE ?

Jesus says in verse 13 to ENTER / EISERCHOMOI which when explained to those Jews ONLY happened at the POINT IN TIME and only at that point in time !!

The ACTIVE VOICE means that the subject Jesus is saying to enter in THEN not now ~!~

It is also in the IMPERATIVE MOOD and a command to enter at that point of time !!

You have STRUCK OUT and not even close !!

dan p

dodge

Hi and tell us how you found the STRAIT GATE ??

And because of verse 14 , the strait gate leads to LIFE ?

Jesus says in verse 13 to ENTER / EISERCHOMOI which when explained to those Jews ONLY happened at the POINT IN TIME and only at that point in time !!

The ACTIVE VOICE means that the subject Jesus is saying to enter in THEN not now ~!~

It is also in the IMPERATIVE MOOD and a command to enter at that point of time !!

You have STRUCK OUT and not even close !!

dan p

I know you don't follow Jesus ! Your deception and loss NOT mine.

dodge

MANY things that the LORD Jesus Christ said are UNIVERSALLY applicable; SOME are not.

That you cannot tell the difference is clear.

Do YOU follow Matt 23:1-3?

What do YOU think that the LORD Jesus Christ meant when He said that He was send only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel? I'd really like to hear YOUR explanation of that.

Jesus being sent to the lost sheep of Israel fulfilled the prophecies concerning the Messiah's birth ( through a virgin ) life( a light to the lost ) Crucifixion ( Calvary ) resurrection ( 3 days and walked out of the tomb ) . Where MAD gets lost is once Jesus fulfilled those prophecies to Israel then He opened up His salvation and sacrifice to everyone whom the Father draws to the Son. In Acts 2 and 4 over 8000 folks were added to the BOC before Paul ever got saved.

Right Divider

Body part
Jesus being sent to the lost sheep of Israel fulfilled the prophecies concerning the Messiah's birth ( through a virgin ) life( a light to the lost ) Crucifixion ( Calvary ) resurrection ( 3 days and walked out of the tomb ) . Where MAD gets lost is once Jesus fulfilled those prophecies to Israel then He opened up His salvation and sacrifice to everyone whom the Father draws to the Son. In Acts 2 and 4 over 8000 folks were added to the BOC before Paul ever got saved.
How were those before Christ saved?

DAN P

I know you don't follow Jesus ! Your deception and loss NOT mine.

Hi and you are ALWAYS STRIKING OUT and will never answer as your knowledge is CALLOW !!~

You can learn if you follow the Greek text and it's CONTEXT !!

So , just SPIN your wheels if you have wheels ??

All your answers are AD LIB with no context !!

dan p

glorydaz

That's so wrong!

If you believe that you don't have to do anything, then the way you believe is not the truth.GD, there's no such thing as a do nothing gospel.

What's wrong is that you continue to make false charges against those in the body of Christ. While your trust AND CONFIDENCE is in your own works of righteousness, mine is in the Lord's righteous work in us.

DO NOTHING GOSPEL? Your boasting is excluded by the law of Faith.

Philippians 1:6
Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:​

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What's wrong is that you continue to make false charges against those in the body of Christ. While your trust AND CONFIDENCE is in your own works of righteousness, mine is in the Lord's righteous work in us.

Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:​
AMEN!

Romans 10 KJV
(2) For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge.
(3) For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

glorydaz

I do not disagree with anything you posted , but why stop there ? Grace through faith to get on the narrow road right ? So why do so many kick against the narrow road , following Jesus, which God the Father provides through and in Jesus. No one can earn salvation,that is a given, but grace with no responsibility on the receivers part is not grace it is license to disobey God and justify sin. Sin is the reason God gave us the possibility of repentance NOT for salvation but to stay in right relation with the savior. Scripture says God gives grace to the humble but resist the proud. If a follower of Jesus sins should they not ask God to forgive and restore them on the narrow road, or do you believe your course is on auto pilot ?

Our being delivered from the law was God's idea, not mine. The law was not given to make us righteous. In fact, it does just the opposite...it makes sin more attractive (forbidden fruit).

You are missing the meaning of the narrow way (the strait gate). Faith is the strait gate through which we enter into His rest. The wide road is all of man's efforts, and there is no rest to be found.

What do you think Jesus was referring to when He said this?

Matthew 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.​

It's so that we could rest from our own efforts, and trust totally in HIS doing HIS WORK in us. When we are busy trying to perform what only He can perform in us, we end up getting in HIS way. Walking according to the Spirit is not the same as walking according to the flesh.

dodge

Hi and you are ALWAYS STRIKING OUT and will never answer as your knowledge is CALLOW !!~

You can learn if you follow the Greek text and it's CONTEXT !!

So , just SPIN your wheels if you have wheels ??

All your answers are AD LIB with no context !!

dan p

lol, as MAD does everything they can to destroy the context of the majority of scripture.

glorydaz

In Acts 2 and 4 over 8000 folks were added to the BOC before Paul ever got saved.

Of course scripture does not say those folks were added to the "Body of Christ", does it?

Your saying it doesn't make it so. An "assembly" isn't the same thing as the BOC. Just as all church goers are not saved by their attendance in a church.

marhig

Did you not read that I said the works of God. And that God changes our hearts? Without God we can do nothing I can't do anything whatsoever without God. My faith is completely in him. It's not my works, it's the works that God is doing in my heart, changing me from the world loving person I was, to have a heart more like his son.

And yes a do nothing gospel. If people begin to think that they don't have to do anything, then they believe in a do nothing gospel which isn't the gospel of Christ.

I read this last night

Hebrews 13:16

But to do good and to communicate forget not: for with such sacrifices God is well pleased.

This is what it is to be a living sacrifice. To good, and turn from sin
And always be thinking of God and don't forget to comunicate and speak the things of God when possible, bringing God and Christ to others. In other words, putting ourselves last and God first and always being ready to do his will. Having him in our hearts and minds and never forgetting him in our daily lives. This is the sacrifice that God is well pleased with.

The father is he who performs the good works within our hearts and we have to obey him and carry them out in our lives, without God we can do nothing. And I know the I'm nothing without God and Christ, without them I would be still dead in sin. I can't do anything without them and without the power of the Spirit daily helping me to overcome.

marhig

You don't know Jack. Sadly, you don't even know what it takes to be saved.

You worker bees BUZZ AND STING and that's all you got.
Worker bees don't just buzz and sting they produce honey and die when they string, unlike the false wasps who sting continually without the dying and produce nothing!

It's better being a worker bee doing the works of God and bringing forth. Than a false wasp just looking the part continually stinging and doing nothing.

Last edited: