Which gospel?

john w

Hall of Fame
If you are saying that nobody was preaching 1 C 15:3-8 before Christ's death, then of course.
I agree they did not fully understand beforehand.

"I agree they did not fully understand beforehand."

Deceiver, as the dbr was hid from them. And knock off misquoting me. I quoted the book, which states that the dbr was hid from them-they had no idea it would occur, so stuff your "did not fully understand"-you made that up.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Heir is fanatical about one verse and one question and 300 post later she wants more answers to one question.
I'm not fanatical about any one verse. I believe them all. We must 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV. So I ask you and others which gospel do you preach?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I only cited the gospel of Christ that Paul declared as the means by which we are saved in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV.

For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures and that He was buried and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures. (1 Corinthians 15:3-4)​

There is a lot more to the gospel of Jesus Christ than these few verses. You're missing the big picture, which is the point of the gospel.

Why did Christ die for our sins, what was God's purpose?

heir

TOL Subscriber
"I agree they did not fully understand beforehand."

Deceiver, as the dbr was hid from them. And knock off misquoting me. I quoted the book, which states that the dbr was hid from them-they had no idea it would occur, so stuff your "did not fully understand"-you made that up.
They'd rather believe their favorite teacher who lies to them week after week from behind the pulpit than believe what saith the scripture!

heir

TOL Subscriber
For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures and that He was buried and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures. (1 Corinthians 15:3-4)​

There is a lot more to the gospel of Jesus Christ than these few verses. You're missing the big picture, which is the point of the gospel.
I know what 1 Corinthians 15 is about. It is about resurrection from the dead, but I also know that Paul declares the gospel by which we are saved in the first four verses! Is that the gospel you preach as the power of God?

Prizebeatz1

"Interpret the gospels"? For one thing, believing the scripture means what it says, as it says it and to whom is not "interpreting" anything! Words have meaning! Scripture is to be believed! And as for "the gospels": I only cited the gospel of Christ that Paul declared as the means by which we are saved in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV. Is that the gospel you preach unto others? If not, let you be accursed Galatians 1:8-9 KJV!

Do you suppose some interpretation would be helpful when Jesus says eat my flesh and drink my blood? There's no rule saying we have to believe literally.

beloved57

I know what 1 Corinthians 15 is about. It is about resurrection from the dead, but I also know that Paul declares the gospel by which we are saved in the first four verses! Is that the gospel you preach as the power of God?
You don't know what the Gospel is about.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

heir

TOL Subscriber
Do you suppose some interpretation would be helpful when Jesus says eat my flesh and drink my blood? There's no rule saying we have to believe literally.
The context bears it out. And why worry about that when it has nothing to do with you? That's not the gospel by which we are saved that Paul declared in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV! Paul's gospel was not preached in Matthew, Mark, Luke or John!

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
take it off auto
-and
-start thinking
The earth rotating around the sun is on auto. What would happen if the orbit stops? Same with the body. Things follow its nature. Mind uses the body. The spirit runs the mind. Spirit runs my thinking to guarantee the perseverance of the saints. Regeneration precedes faith. Self powered free will is garage.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
I'm not fanatical about any one verse. I believe them all. We must 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV. So I ask you and others which gospel do you preach?
You haven't been satisfied with all and every versions of the gospel we gave you over the years, yet. I think you're the ones that don't understand even when to bible tells you it's own word.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Your translations are wrong. That's why you keep asking the same person the same questions over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over. Unregenerates are loopy

Prizebeatz1

It takes a revelation Rom 1:16-17, which you appear to be void of.

That doesn't address the problem. The bible may be the infallible word of God but the interpretation comes from men which is not infallible.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Prizebeatz1

The context bears it out. And why worry about that when it has nothing to do with you? That's not the gospel by which we are saved that Paul declared in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV! Paul's gospel was not preached in Matthew, Mark, Luke or John!

Please explain how the context bears it out. Do you take eat my flesh and drink my blood literally or not?

beloved57

That doesn't address the problem. The bible may be the infallible word of God but the interpretation comes from men which is not infallible.

I don't have a problem, nor does them that have the Gospel revealed to them.