When does the biblical day begin?

daqq

Which of these have anything to do with the one day into the next?

You got camels and wells and women drawing water...daylight ends sure...work day is over ok...but what's that got to do with next calendar day?

How long is an evening? And how long is a morning? The two make up a yom.
And what is a yom in the yom wherein Elohim made shamayim and eretz?
An evening and a morning are a yom, (whether it be an hour or a day).

The prayer times begin with the third hour of the day and in the shabu`im of Daniel those weeks commence with the first hour of prayer which is the third hour of the day. Two until three hours later is the third hour, counting from the third hour of the day, but in one Gospel it is counted as the sixth hour because it is three hours from the third hour of the day, (which is the first hour of prayer). It is not easy to explain, and much more difficult to understand than it is to explain, but the third hour of Mark is the sixth hour of John because Mark speaks from the perspective of the prayer times and the shabu`im-weeks of Daniel. If therefore you can learn to count "weeks" of yamim-hours in a single yom-day, (according to the hours of prayer), perhaps you will see more clearly the Father in His creation; for there is no night in the new Genesis creation account because it is six yamim-hours in one yom-day. If therefore, speaking within this symbolism, creation commences with the third yom-hour of a yom-day, which is the first hour of the prayer times, then there are six yamim-hours of spoken Word creation in the opening Genesis creation account, that is to say, six yamim-hours of spoken Word without any night whatsoever, (for Elohim divides the light from the darkness as soon as He speaks, "Let there be light", Gen 1:3-4). You therefore have "an evening and a morning" contained not only in every yom-day but in each yom-hour of light within a full yom-day. There are twelve yamim-hours in one yom-day but the day, (as well as most everything else concerning the topic of time), is divided, parted asunder, split into two halves. The first half of a full yom-day is the evening, which consists of about six yamim-hours, and commences when the sun has reached its apex or zenith in the sky overhead, and begins its downward trek into the shadows or shades of the west, (which is called "the going down of the sun", and is likewise "about the time when women go forth to draw water", (an obvious idiomatic statement)). This time of day is also the second of the hours of prayer in the daily prayer times, which is midday or noon, and the same is revealed when Peter goes up onto the housetop to pray, which was about-roundabout the sixth hour, (Acts 10:9). If therefore the "evening time" of a full yom-day commences at midday-noon then "between the two evenings" or "between the evenings" is indeed precisely the time that the Pesakh was sacrificed, that is, the bottom of the ninth hour, (it is the bottom of the ninth hour because the hours of the day are also divided in the Gospel accounts). It is essentially as if keeping two records at the same time, and dispersing comments variously between the two different modes of time keeping according to context as necessary; thus we have the third hour in Mark and the sixth hour in John, and they refer to the very same hour of the day, but one refers to the daily prayer times and the shabu`im-weeks of Daniel, (Mark), while the other simply refers to the hour of the day on the sundial, (John).

What therefore is the difference between saying Elohim created the heavens and the earth, and all that is within them, in six hours as opposed to six full twenty-four hour days? The real difference is that six full twenty-four hour days must necessarily include twelve hours of night in between each creation day of light. This means that either Elohim paused for twelve hours each time between creation days, :)nono:), or that Elohim also spoke creation into existence during darkness and it took Him an hundred forty-four hours to speak what we read in the first chapter of Genesis, :)nono:). But if you see what I have said herein above then perhaps you will see it much easier to believe that Elohim spoke creation into existence in six consecutive yamim-hours of spoken Word, without pause and in pure clear bright light of this one great day of creation, (having already divided the darkness and set it aside unto the nightfall). Therefore the seventh hour is the daily Shabbat hour of every day, (and according to the prayer time hours this makes the seventh hour daily Shabbat the tenth hour on the sundial, lol, (see John 1:39)).

Jerry Shugart

First fruits were to be presented and approved by the priests

So the waving of the sheaf of the firstfruits had nothing at all to do with the Lord's resurrection!

LOL!

So according to your view He was raised early on the Sabbath. So when do you say He was placed in the tomb?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus was harvested by the Father as the firstfruits of the dead.

The Father harvested Jesus early on the first day of the weeks leading to Pentecost.

The Feast of Weeks was seven complete weeks and the next day was Pentecost which symbolizes the harvest of the rest of the firstfruits.

The harvest of the firstfruits coincides with Jesus' manifestation of himself to establish his government.

The harvest of the first of the firstfruits and the harvest of the rest of the firstfruits both occur on the first day of the week.

S-word

BANNED
Banned
So the waving of the sheaf of the firstfruits had nothing at all to do with the Lord's resurrection!

LOL!

So according to your view He was raised early on the Sabbath. So when do you say He was placed in the tomb?

Jesus was risen on Sunday morning, the say after the Saturday Sabbath.

Jesus our brother, was resurrected on the first day AFTER THE WEEKLY SABBATH that followed the Friday Passover, which Passover day began as the sun set on the Thursday, the day of preparation, and the day on which Jesus died at 3 PM, between the two evenings of Midday, when the sun began its descent, and 6 PM when the sun began to sink beneath the horizon.

Jesus our brother, was resurrected on the first day AFTER THE WEEKLY SABBATH that followed the Passover, which is the festival of "First Fruits," and Jesus, the compilation of all the righteous spirits over whom death had no more power, who had died and were judged and separated from the unrighteous dead, and had entered into rest in the bosom of Abraham, was the First Fruits to be harvested from the body of mankind.

The first of many brothers and sisters to be born the children of God, not by blood, nor by the will of the flesh, nor by the will of man, but like our brother Jesus, who was filled with the spirit of the Lord, who is THE SON OF MAN, the MOST HIGH in the creation, that descended upon JESUS in the form of a dove as the heavenly voice was heard to say, "You are my son, TODAY I have become your Father."

The brothers and sisters, like their brother Jesus, are to be conformed to the glorious image of God's only begotten Son, "The Son of Man," who pays the penalty for the sins of the body=mankind in which he develops, AS WE ALSO MUST DO.

It was He, who said in the Holy Scriptures, "And now I will summons the spirits of the good who belong to the generation of light, and I will transform those who were born in darkness, who, in the flesh were not recompensed with such honour as their faithfulness deserved. And I will bring forth in shining light those who have loved My holy name (Who I Am=JHWH,) and I will seat each one on the throne of his honour. And they shall be resplendent for times without number."

WeberHome

-
I am scratching my head over this one. Can somebody explain?

Jesus is the "firstfruits" in that he's the first, and only man so far, to come back from death with an immortal human body.

Rom 6:9 . . Christ, having been raised from the dead, is never to die again; death no longer is master over him.

/

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus is the "firstfruits" in that he's the first, and only man so far, to come back from death with an immortal human body.

Rom 6:9 . . Christ, having been raised from the dead, is never to die again; death no longer is master over him.

And there is also this one.

But now Christ is risen from the dead and has become the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep. (1 Corinthians 15:20)​

clefty

LOL!
of course it had something to do with...it followed His resurrection as He was the first fruits...

Some say early Sabbath as His flesh knew no corruption...I am inclined to think He rested the Sabbath daylight portion and was raised towards the end or evening or it dont even matter...just not the next day as it was before sunrise...but He was rested healed and refreshed ready for the first fruits presentation to His Father and followers who are now priests...

He was placed in the tomb Friday evening...after permission from Pilate was granted to have the body and taking it down off the tree and moving it to the tomb...a full moon assisted lighting the path to the tomb and the quick embalming as they had to hurry home and eat the roasted lamb passover meal too...

clefty

Jesus was risen on Sunday morning, the say after the Saturday Sabbath.

Jesus our brother, was resurrected on the first day AFTER THE WEEKLY SABBATH that followed the Friday Passover, which Passover day began as the sun set on the Thursday, the day of preparation, and the day on which Jesus died at 3 PM, between the two evenings of Midday, when the sun began its descent, and 6 PM when the sun began to sink beneath the horizon.

Jesus our brother, was resurrected on the first day AFTER THE WEEKLY SABBATH that followed the Passover, which is the festival of "First Fruits," and Jesus, the compilation of all the righteous spirits over whom death had no more power, who had died and were judged and separated from the unrighteous dead, and had entered into rest in the bosom of Abraham, was the First Fruits to be harvested from the body of mankind.

The first of many brothers and sisters to be born the children of God, not by blood, nor by the will of the flesh, nor by the will of man, but like our brother Jesus, who was filled with the spirit of the Lord, who is THE SON OF MAN, the MOST HIGH in the creation, that descended upon JESUS in the form of a dove as the heavenly voice was heard to say, "You are my son, TODAY I have become your Father."

The brothers and sisters, like their brother Jesus, are to be conformed to the glorious image of God's only begotten Son, "The Son of Man," who pays the penalty for the sins of the body=mankind in which he develops, AS WE ALSO MUST DO.

It was He, who said in the Holy Scriptures, "And now I will summons the spirits of the good who belong to the generation of light, and I will transform those who were born in darkness, who, in the flesh were not recompensed with such honour as their faithfulness deserved. And I will bring forth in shining light those who have loved My holy name (Who I Am=JHWH,) and I will seat each one on the throne of his honour. And they shall be resplendent for times without number."

After the Sabbath was over and first thing in the morning of the first day the only thing that happened was the tomb was discovered empty...angels telling them "He is not here"...

clefty

What therefore is the difference between saying Elohim created the heavens and the earth, and all that is within them, in six hours as opposed to six full twenty-four hour days? The real difference is that six full twenty-four hour days must necessarily include twelve hours of night in between each creation day of light. This means that either Elohim paused for twelve hours each time between creation days, (), or that Elohim also spoke creation into existence during darkness and it took Him an hundred forty-four hours to speak what we read in the first chapter of Genesis, (). But if you see what I have said herein above then perhaps you will see it much easier to believe that Elohim spoke creation into existence in six consecutive yamim-hours of spoken Word, without pause and in pure clear bright light of this one great day of creation, (having already divided the darkness and set it aside unto the nightfall). Therefore the seventh hour is the daily Shabbat hour of every day, (and according to the prayer time hours this makes the seventh hour daily Shabbat the tenth hour on the sundial

Oh my...

Ok seriously if Yah wanted He could have created everything in an instance...not six full days or six hours or even six seconds...you really think it took Him six hours to say what is recorded? A child can read all of it Genesis 1 in less than six minutes...

We have no idea how long He waited to begin this project but you think He didnt have the patience or have time to wait and synchronize the timing of it to benefit us...its light and dark rhythms a pattern by which to live our lives?

Sabbath was made for man...as was everything else...it makes perfect sense He timed the day and night for our benefit...a cadence to live by...just like He didnt actually have to rest but did it anyways and was refreshed...as an example for us...all of it for us our benefit

There was darkness...then light which was called day...it diminished into evening and finally into darkness now called night...night then turned into morning and that was the first day...repeat

Evening and morning was the first day...

Work six days rest the seventh day...

WeberHome

-
But now Christ is risen from the dead and has become the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep. (1 Corinthians 15:20)

Unless the fact is included that Christ rose from the dead immortal, that verse leaves people confused because lots of other folk were resurrected before him.

/

Jerry Shugart

He was placed in the tomb Friday evening...after permission from Pilate was granted to have the body and taking it down off the tree and moving it to the tomb...a full moon assisted lighting the path to the tomb and the quick embalming as they had to hurry home and eat the roasted lamb passover meal too...

So the Apostles did not eat the Passover until after the Lord Jesus was placed in the tomb?

I find that impossible to believe with these facts in view:

"Then came the day of unleavened bread, when the passover must be killed. And he sent Peter and John, saying, Go and prepare us the passover, that we may eat. And they said unto him, Where wilt thou that we prepare? And he said unto them, Behold, when ye are entered into the city, there shall a man meet you, bearing a pitcher of water; follow him into the house where he entereth in. And ye shall say unto the goodman of the house, The Master saith unto thee, Where is the guestchamber, where I shall eat the passover with my disciples? And he shall shew you a large upper room furnished: there make ready. And they went, and found as he had said unto them: and they made ready the passover. And when the hour was come, he sat down, and the twelve apostles with him. And he said unto them, With desire I have desired to eat this passover with you before I suffer...And as they sat and did eat, Jesus said, Verily I say unto you, One of you which eateth with me shall betray me"
(Lk.22:7-15;Mk.14:18).​

How can you say with a straight face that the Lord Jesus was in the tomb when His disciples ate the passover?

Last edited:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Genesis

There was evening and morning, the 1st day.
There was evening and morning, the 2nd day.
There was evening and morning, the 3rd day.
There was evening and morning, the 4th day.
There was evening and morning, the 5th day.
There was evening and morning, the 6th day.

The day began with the evening.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
So the Apostles did not eat the Passover until after the Lord Jesus was placed in the tomb?

True. The Passover was killed on the preparation day (the 14th) and eaten that night which began the Days of Unleavened Bread (the 15th).

The first day of Unleavened Bread is an annual Sabbath. Jesus was buried as that Sabbath began.

S-word

BANNED
Banned
True. The Passover was killed on the preparation day (the 14th) and eaten that night which began the Days of Unleavened Bread (the 15th).

The first day of Unleavened Bread is an annual Sabbath. Jesus was buried as that Sabbath began.

Jamie wrote.......The first day of Unleavened Bread is an annual Sabbath.

S-word......Correct! The first day of Unleavened Bread is an annual Sabbath, irrelevant as to which day of the week it fell on. On what day of the week did the annual Sabbath of the first day of unleavened bread, fall on in the year that Jesus died?

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Genesis

There was evening and morning, the 1st day.
There was evening and morning, the 2nd day.
There was evening and morning, the 3rd day.
There was evening and morning, the 4th day.
There was evening and morning, the 5th day.
There was evening and morning, the 6th day.

There certainly was!

The day began with the evening.

It certainly did!

daqq

Oh my...

Ok seriously if Yah wanted He could have created everything in an instance...not six full days or six hours or even six seconds...you really think it took Him six hours to say what is recorded? A child can read all of it Genesis 1 in less than six minutes...

We have no idea how long He waited to begin this project but you think He didnt have the patience or have time to wait and synchronize the timing of it to benefit us...its light and dark rhythms a pattern by which to live our lives?

Sabbath was made for man...as was everything else...it makes perfect sense He timed the day and night for our benefit...a cadence to live by...just like He didnt actually have to rest but did it anyways and was refreshed...as an example for us...all of it for us our benefit

There was darkness...then light which was called day...it diminished into evening and finally into darkness now called night...night then turned into morning and that was the first day...repeat

Evening and morning was the first day...

Work six days rest the seventh day...

Believe what you will; it makes no difference to me.
I was only trying to explain the six hours of the new creation at Golgotha in Messiah. :)

S-word

BANNED
Banned
After the Sabbath was over and first thing in the morning of the first day the only thing that happened was the tomb was discovered empty...angels telling them "He is not here"...

If you wish to believe that Jesus was not risen on the Sunday morning after the weekly Sabbath. then you are entitled to hold to any erroneous belief that your little mind desires to believe.

S-word

BANNED
Banned

After the Sabbath, at dawn on the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to look at the tomb.

2 There was a violent earthquake, for an angel of the Lord came down from heaven and, going to the tomb, rolled back the stone and sat on it. 3 His appearance was like lightning, and his clothes were white as snow. 4 The guards were so afraid of him that they shook and became like dead men.

Well one thing is certain according to the scriptures, The tomb in which the body of Jesus was laid, was not opened until early Sunday morning, after the weekly Sabbath.