When Did the Disciples of Jesus Stop Observing the Old Testament Laws?

God's Truth

You clearly don't understand how this lordship thingy works...

And you are attempting to diminish His power and undermine His authority...

There is a clear heirarchy in His kingdom...

unto salvation...but they are rich with other blessings which is why Paul kept it anyway and asked us to do as he did as he did as He did...so I will follow them not you...thanks

well that is a start...

And ends most of this discussion.

Your everyday the same is not very appealing...and not just because it isn't biblical...

We have the new law of Christ. The new law is written in the New Testament.
which would change the jot and tittles which we are NOT supposed to think He did

well then when do you meet to worship with others as is instructed...everyday?

Church everyday or not at all...

The early tradition maintained by Him was meeting on the seventh day Sabbath...

You got another gospel...

No He did...He proved there was much to be done on the Sabbath...and there always was...even in the natural world when we rest from physical work our body works to heal...same with sleep...if you workout at all you would clearly understand the need for a routine that includes rest...it is how we were created to do it...

We were created yes?

Every day a unique event?

Sabbath was the seventh day Sabbsth...set aside sanctified and made holy...

Yours is another gospel

Why won't you fully grasp the new law?

clefty

Why won't you fully grasp the new law?

I do. I grasp Him and He says not all who cry lord lord...but those that do His Father's will...so He pointed me further to His Father Who remains quite clear and unchangeable..."keep My Sabbaths" He maintains and is why His Law is immutable and still binding...

His will is my command to do...as did His Son...

This everyday is Sabbath is not of Him or His Son...

Sabbath was before sin even...we would have kept it even without the fall...

Now after sin we have need of it...its rest... even more

And still more reasons after He rested from completing His work of Salvation at the cross...

Still a shadow of the good things to still to come...

God's Truth

I do. I grasp Him and He says not all who cry lord lord...but those that do His Father's will...so He pointed me further to His Father Who remains quite clear and unchangeable..."keep My Sabbaths" He maintains and is why His Law is immutable and still binding...

His will is my command to do...as did His Son...

This everyday is Sabbath is not of Him or His Son...

Sabbath was before sin even...we would have kept it even without the fall...

Now after sin we have need of it...its rest... even more

And still more reasons after He rested from completing His work of Salvation at the cross...

Still a shadow of the good things to still to come...

Jesus is the good that came.

clefty

When Did the Disciples of Jesus Stop Observing the Old Testament Laws!

When they died.

lol...Still funny

But even beyond that none of them went to heaven but are at rest...

Mercy indeed...imagine having to look down from there to see the mess that's become of their efforts...

Last edited:

clefty

When Did the Disciples of Jesus Stop Observing the Old Testament Laws!

When they died.

But it is understandable they kept it as it was their custom and tradition...and they passed them on...

The issue is, are Gentiles to keep it...?

http://judaism.stackexchange.com/qu...ble-practice-for-a-gentile-to-keep-the-sabbat

There is much discussion in their camp subsequent to that time that we are not allowed...sabbath keeping by us was punishable even by death...

No wonder for centuries the idea is out there that the Sabbath is theirs...

For them the ger man gentile comes in two classes...the one that merely followed them out of Egypt and were saved but not observant...and the one which desired to become observant...

Thus a gentile was always saved without being circumcised...

but in order to observe Passover, one of the seven festivals, he had to voluntarily shed blood now...because his people did not then at the original Passover...

This was the issue Paul was addressing against those who insisted on a forced conversation...

Gentiles must voluntarily shed blood to fully join the tribe not in order to be saved...

Faith compels obedience...gratitude even more so...in some more than others...and a means to show gratitude was mercifully set into place by Yah...

The Pharisees were insisting on the least of the laws not the ones that saved...they are consider then, in turn, the least in Heaven...

No surprise that Yah's name was suppressed, circumcision considered OT and the OT considered not for us ger man...

And no rest for us was allowed...

But then the Spirit raised heroes to fight for us to read for ourselves...

That the Sabbath was made for man...not just da joo...

HalleluYah

Last edited:

God's Truth

Then He had to leave...

Leaving instructions to pray for the Sabbath that it not be interrupted...and to do the will of His Father... Not just repeat "Lord Lord..."

You don't enforce circumcision of the flesh why? You don't contaminate your pots why? You don't do all the special days why?

Tell us why you do not obey the other purification works but you obey one of them called observe the Sabbath DAY.

clefty

You don't enforce circumcision of the flesh why?

Because had your read anything besides your own posts you would have seen in my response to Ben that circumcision of an adult was never
forced...blood was shed voluntarily

Paul was dealing with your type that thought Gentiles had to be cut to associate with them...

You don't contaminate your pots why?
again...that is later rabbinic tradition...rabbis are men yes?

You don't do all the special days why?
maybe not Christmas and Easter etc from Church Inc. but I do celebrate His special days...

Tell us why you do not obey the other purification works but you obey one of them called observe the Sabbath DAY.

LOL...you too?

This is EXACTLY what the other Pharisees accused Him of...

because He observed the Sabbath but did not wash His hands before He ate there in that field on the Sabbath ...

Washing hands to become clean before eating was rabbinic tradition and Pharisees and rabbis are men...

Sabbath keeping is not their tradition but Yah's and it is 1/10 of His Law not just a ceremonial law...

His Son clarified that and gave a good example for us...

Last edited:

Ben Masada

1 - But it is understandable they kept it as it was their custom and tradition...and they passed them on...

1a - Are you talking about the Law or the Sabbath in particular? The Law is for all and that include a day to rest per week. The Sabbath day for the Jews and, for the Gentiles any day they please.

2 - The issue is, are Gentiles to keep it...?

2a - No, unless the choose to.

3 - There is much discussion in their camp subsequent to that time that we are not allowed...sabbath keeping by us was punishable even by death...

3a - That was for the Catholics and when the Catholic Church was in power.

No wonder for centuries the idea is out there that the Sabbath is theirs...

For them the ger man gentile comes in two classes...the one that merely followed them out of Egypt and were saved but not observant...and the one which desired to become observant...

Thus a gentile was always saved without being circumcised...

but in order to observe Passover, one of the seven festivals, he had to voluntarily shed blood now...because his people did not then at the original Passover...

This was the issue Paul was addressing against those who insisted on a forced conversation...

Gentiles must voluntarily shed blood to fully join the tribe not in order to be saved...

Faith compels obedience...gratitude even more so...in some more than others...and a means to show gratitude was mercifully set into place by Yah...

The Pharisees were insisting on the least of the laws not the ones that saved...they are consider then, in turn, the least in Heaven...

No surprise that Yah's name was suppressed, circumcision considered OT and the OT considered not for us ger man...

And no rest for us was allowed...

But then the Spirit raised heroes to fight for us to read for ourselves...

That the Sabbath was made for man...not just da joo...

HalleluYah

Hawkins

If that's true, what you are saying is that Jesus was a dumb skull when he taught to listen to "Moses" aka the Law. (Luke 16:29-31) Are you sure you wanna hold unto that view?

You are partly right. Jesus did ask the Jews to obey the Mosaic Law. Gentiles on the other hand are not given the Mosaic Law to observe any days.

Matthew 23:1-3 (NIV)
Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples:
“The teachers of the law and the Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat.
So you must be careful to do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach.

Ben Masada

lol...Still funny

But even beyond that none of them went to heaven but are at rest...

Mercy indeed...imagine having to look down from there to see the mess that's become of their efforts...

Heaven! The Kingdom of Heaven is within us or among us. So, said Jesus in Luke 17:21. It is not a place to go to.

Ben Masada

You are partly right. Jesus did ask the Jews to obey the Mosaic Law. Gentiles on the other hand are not given the Mosaic Law to observe any days.

Matthew 23:1-3 (NIV) Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples: “The teachers of the law and the Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat. So you must be careful to do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach.

Well, if you go according to Paul, the Mosaic Law should not be given to any one
at all. (Romans 7:1-7) Then, regarding the Law, Paul said once that he did prefer the Law in his mind but he couldn't help serving sin in his flesh. (Romans 7:25)That's more likely closer to the preacher who would say to his followers to do what he said, though not what he did because he was a sinner too.

God's Truth

Because had your read anything besides your own posts you would have seen in my response to Ben

If it is a long post and not to me then I rarely read what is not meant for me; if you would like me to read what you think about circumcision, you should have answered me in the post I wrote a long time ago asking you about it.

that circumcision of an adult was never
forced...blood was shed voluntarily
What difference do you think that means.

Paul was dealing with your type that thought Gentiles had to be cut to associate with them...

Why would you ever think that I would believe in circumcision if I do not believe in observing the Sabbath day?

again...that is later rabbinic tradition...rabbis are men yes?

Prove with scripture that it was just for rabbis.

You don't do all the special days why?
maybe not Christmas and Easter etc from Church Inc. but I do celebrate His special days...
It is not wrong to celebrate a day. It just doesn’t make any difference to our salvation, UNLESS you think you are obeying God by observing a special day. If you do that, then you have fallen from grace and you are a bitter root who if talks others into it, then you have defiled that person.

LOL...you too?

This is EXACTLY what the other Pharisees accused Him of...

Prove with scripture that the Pharisees accused Jesus of not observing Moses’ other purification works.

because He observed the Sabbath but did not wash His hands before He ate there in that field on the Sabbath ...

Give the scripture and tell us where Moses commanded that.

Washing hands to become clean before eating was rabbinic tradition and Pharisees and rabbis are men...

Speak according to the scriptures.

Sabbath keeping is not their tradition but Yah's and it is 1/10 of His Law not just a ceremonial law...
You say Sabbath keeping is not the Pharisees tradition, you need to prove that with scripture.