what's your agenda?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
does not compute
we all have an agenda
do you want us to help you figure out what it is?
Well, I did give you a general one. I like people, etc. And the larger rationalist bit...I enjoy trying to teach people about the law and expanding my theological particulars and getting a more comprehensive perspective.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Well, I did give you a general one. I like people, etc. And the larger rationalist bit...I enjoy trying to teach people about the law and expanding my theological particulars and getting a more comprehensive perspective.

do we know what your theology is?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
do we know what your theology is?
I suppose it depends on who we are, how well we've paid attention and how broadly or specifically we mean that. :)

I suppose you know the most important thing. It's found in my unambiguous designation. You should know by now that while I differ with my Catholic cousins I don't find our distinctions salvific. Beyond that I've taken a few strong positions, but I mostly listen to people with a greater breadth of understanding. It helps broaden my own.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I suppose it depends on who we are, how well we've paid attention and how broadly or specifically we mean that. :)

I suppose you know the most important thing. It's found in my unambiguous designation. You should know by now that while I differ with my Catholic cousins I don't find our distinctions salvific. Beyond that I've taken a few strong positions, but I mostly listen to people with a greater breadth of understanding. It helps broaden my own.

I know you and amr went at it
but
recently have not seen you challenge any calvinist thinking
and
never have seen you take on the mad guys
am I missing it?

dreadknought

what's your agenda?

here is mine

to get saved
to defend the catholic church
to present a reasonable interpretation of the apocalypse
to have a dialogue with my brothers

what might be even more interesting
tell us what you think their agenda is
Years ago, I came here to talk. Fearless, I was.
TOL scared me off. I grew some .

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I know you and amr went at it
Love the guy. We differed. He was inclined to refer to me as his Armenian friend. :chuckle:
but
recently have not seen you challenge any calvinist thinking
Like I said, I mostly listen and save dispute as an ambassador or reasoned difference among those outside of the faith. Calvinists ask a really good and very hard question though about the origin of faith and the implications thereby are worth mulling, which I still am.
and
never have seen you take on the mad guys
True enough. I credit a few of them with really stirring my interest in delving into the Book more frequently. I'm mostly disinterested in dogmatic fights within the Body though and I think that however interesting it might be within it undermines much of what we seek to do without. I'm always open to quiet discussions with friends on nearly any point.

am I missing it?
No. I think that's about right. I also don't tend to argue theology with my Catholic cousins though we differ on points...I think within the Body I've had a few words on works and the nature of salvation. But mostly I'm a listener within the temple, so to speak.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Love the guy. We differed. He was inclined to refer to me as his Armenian friend. :chuckle:

Like I said, I mostly listen and save dispute as an ambassador or reasoned difference among those outside of the faith. Calvinists ask a really good and very hard question though about the origin of faith and the implications thereby are worth mulling, which I still am.

True enough. I credit a few of them with really stirring my interest in delving into the Book more frequently. I'm mostly disinterested in dogmatic fights within the Body though and I think that however interesting it might be within it undermines much of what we seek to do without. I'm always open to quiet discussions with friends on nearly any point.

No. I think that's about right. I also don't tend to argue theology with my Catholic cousins though we differ on points...I think within the Body I've had a few words on works and the nature of salvation. But mostly I'm a listener within the temple, so to speak.

you have been here a long time
are you going to become another freelight who just sucks up interesting ideas
and
while the jury is still out
refuse to take a stand?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
you have been here a long time
In some ways.
are you going to become another freelight who just sucks up interesting ideas
I'm going to be me and speak when I feel I have something to offer, refrain when I feel I don't or there are better voices for it. I'm not here to please you or meet your agenda. My agenda is to suit my nature, help where I can and accept help where I need it.

And all in all I'm fine with that...whether or not you are is your business as is how you characterize it and what that will say about you, not me.

and
while the jury is still out
refuse to take a stand?
That's just asinine, given my designation and defense among the heathen, but it does speak to another of your more personal agendas and practices, which is a shame.

:think: He's a Jesuit, just like AMR...... you decide.
No, but you never let a lack of knowledge stop you from this sort of thing...see Chrys, that's what I choose to avoid being. I have great respect for the Jesuits and the quality of their cognitions, my differences notwithstanding.