ECT What's MAD?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The truth be told, many posters here on TOL might very well get along very well face to face. A public forum allows the safety that anonymity provides. Therefore, creates a breeding ground for bravado. Would people speak in an uncivil manner to one another if they were face to face? Most likely not.
That's right, you so and so !!

Right Divider

Body part
As the above post said, it is not problems I'm having. Do you always read things that way?

The problem has been those who won't agree it is the destiny, goal, objective, legacy of Israel: that Christ was resurrected to show that justification from sin had been accomplished and that that is what David's promised kingdom was about (the quote from Isaiah).

As soon as that is pointed out, the monster of 2P2P takes over and says it can't mean that, and that the followup quotes from Isaiah can't mean that etc.

A few ideologies out there have a fundamental diversion from the meaning of the text and are constantly 'around' the text (protecting their doctrines); D'ism / 2P2P is one of them.

Likewise, if I summarize the principles of Acts 26's hearing, there is the same reaction.
Amos 9:14-15 (AKJV/PCE)
(9:14) And I will bring again the captivity of my people of Israel, and they shall build the waste cities, and inhabit [them]; and they shall plant vineyards, and drink the wine thereof; they shall also make gardens, and eat the fruit of them. (9:15) And I will plant them upon their land, and they shall no more be pulled up out of their land which I have given them, saith the LORD thy God.

Interplanner

(9:14) And I will bring again the captivity of my people of Israel, and they shall build the waste cities, and inhabit [them]; and they shall plant vineyards, and drink the wine thereof; they shall also make gardens, and eat the fruit of them. (9:15) And I will plant them upon their land, and they shall no more be pulled up out of their land which I have given them, saith the LORD thy God.

Why don't the D'ists talk about the 2500 passages used by Christ and the apostles, and spend all their time on others?

Why did Paul not speak beyond what 'Moses and the prophets said would happen: that Christ would suffer and be resurrected and preached among the nations'?

SaulToPaul 2

Amos 9A and Amos 9B have to be studied in light of Holford's works and the light of Matthew 5-7R. This clinging to the red dirt of the old testament, a vernacularistic way of speaking to ancient peoples who could not grasp the spiritual truth of it. Nevertheless, you hold these old red dirt types as literal realities when the inverse and the adverse applications are truly what apply to orthodoxy, orthopraxy, and orthodontics. Agreed, Rd?

Interplanner

Amos 9A and Amos 9B have to be studied in light of Holford's works and the light of Matthew 5-7R. This clinging to the red dirt of the old testament, a vernacularistic way of speaking to ancient peoples who could not grasp the spiritual truth of it. Nevertheless, you hold these old red dirt types as literal realities when the inverse and the adverse applications are truly what apply to orthodoxy, orthopraxy, and orthodontics. Agreed, Rd?

The NT tells us how to read the OT in 2500 instances.

Right Divider

Body part
Why don't the D'ists talk about the 2500 passages used by Christ and the apostles, and spend all their time on others?
This is particularly funny in light of the fact that we MAD's get SOOOOO many complaints that all we read it Paul. I use the WHOLE Bible and you're complaining about it.

The ENTIRE Bible is from Jesus Christ but you and yours FIXATE on His EARTHLY ministry, but then try to "spiritualize" it.

Why did Paul not speak beyond what 'Moses and the prophets said would happen: that Christ would suffer and be resurrected and preached among the nations'?
Another completely faulty understanding; at least you're consistent. Paul was NOT saying that all of the promises were cancelled or fulfilled.

Interplanner

This is particularly funny in light of the fact that we MAD's get SOOOOO many complaints that all we read it Paul. I use the WHOLE Bible and you're complaining about it.

The ENTIRE Bible is from Jesus Christ but you and yours FIXATE on His EARTHLY ministry, but then try to "spiritualize" it.

Another completely faulty understanding; at least you're consistent. Paul was NOT saying that all of the promises were cancelled or fulfilled.

I'm not complaining about using the whole Bible. I'm complaining that you don't use the pattern of the existing quotes.

as for the 2nd item, you're avoiding the main question: what does 'not go beyond mean'? He already addressed the fact in ch 13 that all the promises to the fathers were fulfilled.

Interplanner

Foolish man.
Use your brain.
Had the destruction of Jerusalem already happened by ch 13?
No.
Therefore, not all the promises to the fathers were fulfilled at that time.

Did you see how this sermon was invited? They asked if he had anything encouraging (presumably from Israel, because things were getting pretty ugly).

I doubt, therefore, he's going to bludgeon them with the total destruction of the place. That's insult upon injury. Not when he can announce that everything God promised has come--the Gospel, the gift of the Spirit, and the mission to the nations!

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Did you see how this sermon was invited? They asked if he had anything encouraging (presumably from Israel, because things were getting pretty ugly).

I doubt, therefore, he's going to bludgeon them with the total destruction of the place. That's insult upon injury. Not when he can announce that everything God promised has come--the Gospel, the gift of the Spirit, and the mission to the nations!
In other words, not all of the promises were fulfilled by ch 13.

Interplanner

so you think the doj was not prophesied in the OT?
rofl!

The climax line of the sermon referred to what had been promised to Abraham and David--good, happy, blessing things.

The severe wrath of God wouldn't be put in a 'promise' anyway, and no, it is not in 13's sermon, unless in the follow up in v46 'you do not consider yourself worthy of eternal life' but that's a long shot.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The climax line of the sermon referred to what had been promised to Abraham and David--good, happy, blessing things.

The severe wrath of God wouldn't be put in a 'promise' anyway, and no, it is not in 13's sermon, unless in the follow up in v46 'you do not consider yourself worthy of eternal life' but that's a long shot.
In other words, the promised destruction of Jerusalem had not been fulfilled by ch 13.