• I use Linux

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.9%

• Total voters

Maximeee

Death2impiety's Wife
Gold Subscriber
Sadly, I have a PC now. I HATE MICROSOFT! I hate hate hate it!

So, next one will probably be a Mac :)

The Berean

Why do I get the feeling that mostly the Mac OS users will be posting in this thread? :chuckle: Mac OS users tend be much more vocal for their love for Mac OS. How often do we hear PC users pumping up Windows XP it Vista? :idunno:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Why do I get the feeling that mostly the Mac OS users will be posting in this thread? :chuckle: Mac OS users tend be much more vocal for their love for Mac OS. How often do we hear PC users pumping up Windows XP it Vista? :idunno:
What would compel anyone to be pumped up about Windows? :idunno:

The Berean

What would compel anyone to be pumped up about Windows? :idunno:
That really wasn't my point. Mac OS supporters seem to spend a lot of time screaming

:sozo: "Microsoft sucks!" :sozo:

You just don't see the same zeal from PC supporters.

Now I haven't used a Mac in at least 15-16 years but I do remember how elegant it was even back then. I would buy one today except that in my profession (engineering) no one uses Macs. I mentioned to Turbo a while back that if mechanical CAD programs were available in Mac versions I'd buy a Mac tomorrow. But things are changing. A local community college that has a strong CAD program just upgraded their CAD labs with Mac Pro machines. If I ever get my own engineering company going I will definitely consider these sweet machines.

johncalvinhall

Are you a Mac guy or a PC guy? Maybe you like Linux? Or something else?

For years, I had been a hard core Mac-Basher, until I saw what it could do with video (back in 2003). I now own a Mac (G-4).

I primarily use Vista, of which I love!

But, if I were to setup a firewall, SMTP Server, or web server, I would unquestionably use FreeBSD. It's the most stable version of Unix I've ever worked with.

Linux? Why would I want a Unix emulator when I can have the real thing??? :darwinsm::rotfl:

cfisher

I have 5 computers.
4 run Windows XP. It is a good system and I dont have a copy of windows 2000 so it is my only feasible option. with some tweaking you can disable most microsoft nonsense.
My laptop runs Vista, after I spent countless hours in a vain attempt to get Ubuntu running. Vista is terrible and I will switch back once Ubuntu gets some better driver support for my tablet laptop.

for mac lovers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JixbzFjv_cU

ddevonb

"What operating system do you prefer?"

I prefer a general anesthetic and a very skilled surgeon.

Jpw05

I have Vista Home Premium, I and I like it!
But I will say if your going to use Vista, make sure your Computer is top of the line as far as speed goes!
It's power hungry!
It's as efficient as my Dodge Power Wagon, and that only gets 9.5 miles a gallon!
I built my own computer, so I tried to stuff it with all of the latest goodies.

I have never owned a Mac, so I cannot comment on it.
I came close to buying one, but I wanted to build my own PC, to see what would happen.
So far so good!

A question for the Mac people, Can you build your own Mac, like a Mac Pro, from the ground up, like get your own Case, Power supply, etc., or do you have to buy it already built?

Thanks,
John

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
A question for the Mac people, Can you build your own Mac, like a Mac Pro, from the ground up, like get your own Case, Power supply, etc., or do you have to buy it already built?
Not that I am aware of.

For the segment of the population that likes to build their own computers, a Mac may not be for them.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I voted XP. I recently bought a Mac and I'm running Leopard, and I have no complaints so far, but I haven't really delved into the OS yet so for now I'll still say I'm a Windows guy. In the near future I might change that, though.