ECT what matters is the keeping of the commandments of God

JosephR

We have a law. But because of Jesus' lineage that of Judah and not Levi, the entire 613 commandments have been annulled. If some of the laws are repeated in the Law of Christ then they are obligatory. But they cannot be obeyed under the banner of the Mosaic law.

please show me,, the "Law of Christ"

JosephR

and the Prophet spoke..

"And I will put MY Spirit in YOU!"and cause you to walk in my WAYS and KEEP my judgments.....

do you think the man whos God spirit abides keeps not the law?

beloved57

All for whom Christ lived and died in behalf of do keep the commandments of God because He kept them for them and it is imputed to them for Righteousness Rom 5:19 !

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
because by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified in his sight; for through the law cometh the knowledge of sin. (*Romans‬ *3‬:*20‬ ASV)

Now to him that worketh, the reward is not reckoned as of grace, but as of debt. (*Romans‬ *4‬:*4‬ ASV)

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is reckoned for righteousness. (*Romans‬ *4‬:*5‬ ASV)

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Wherefore, my brethren, ye also were made dead to the law through the body of Christ; that ye should be joined to another, For when we were in the flesh, the sinful passions, which were through the law, wrought in our members to bring forth fruit unto death. But now we have been discharged from the law, having died to that wherein we were held; so that we serve in newness of the spirit, and not in oldness of the letter. What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Howbeit, I had not known sin, except through the law: for I had not known coveting, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet: but sin, finding occasion, wrought in me through the commandment all manner of coveting: for apart from the law sin is dead. And I was alive apart from the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died; and the commandment, which was unto life, this I found to be unto death: for sin, finding occasion, through the commandment beguiled me, and through it slew me. (*Romans‬ *7‬:*4-11‬ ASV)

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Wherefore, my brethren, ye also were made dead to the law through the body of Christ; that ye should be joined to another, For when we were in the flesh, the sinful passions, which were through the law, wrought in our members to bring forth fruit unto death. But now we have been discharged from the law, having died to that wherein we were held; so that we serve in newness of the spirit, and not in oldness of the letter. What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Howbeit, I had not known sin, except through the law: for I had not known coveting, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet: but sin, finding occasion, wrought in me through the commandment all manner of coveting: for apart from the law sin is dead. And I was alive apart from the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died; and the commandment, which was unto life, this I found to be unto death: for sin, finding occasion, through the commandment beguiled me, and through it slew me. (*Romans‬ *7‬:*4-11‬ ASV)

Amen, intojoy. I'm dead. and you're dead too. dead in Christ:execute:

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Amen, intojoy. I'm dead. and you're dead too. dead in Christ:execute:

And I was alive apart from the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died; and the commandment, which was unto life, this I found to be unto death: for sin, finding occasion, through the commandment beguiled me, and through it slew me. (*Romans‬ *7‬:*9-11‬ ASV)

I believe Paul as a new believer attempted to use the law as the means of sanctification "alive apart from the law". When was paul ever apart from the law? He was born a Jew and was a pharisee. He became apart from the law when he accepted Christ. When he thought he could use the law for sanctification he realized that it won't work. Unt is is trying the same method on his thread here.

From my observation and study that means Unt is addicted to sin because sanctification is going to be by grace thru faith. The flesh uses the law as a base of operation to rebel. But romans 12 gives us the way apart from the law.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
From my observation and study that means Unt is addicted to sin because sanctification is going to be by grace thru faith.
I have been addicted to sin in the past. But as for now I observe all of God's law apart from wearing tzit-tzit.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
I have been addicted to sin in the past. But as for now I observe all of God's law apart from wearing tzit-tzit.

Well, from my studies and observation your attempt to be sanctified by the law will eventually bring you back into bondage to sin.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
i agree, from what i've seen so far. you are very knowledgeable from what i've seen. but i'm still in the process of judging you. kidding. alot of folks do that here it seems

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Well, from my studies and observation your attempt to be sanctified by the law will eventually bring you back into bondage to sin.
I am sanctified by the Spirit of God. Else I don't think I would be able to keep any of God's commands. And God's commands include God's instruction, even if you want to say that does not include the law.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
I am sanctified by the Spirit of God. Else I don't think I would be able to keep any of God's commands. And God's commands include God's instruction, even if you want to say that does not include the law.

What I am saying is that the 613 provisions of the Mosaic Covenant are not the rule of life for the christian. And that the Law was given only to Israel and not to the world as a whole. And that we have a law today but it is not just the golden rule but all of the commands given in the NT like the head covering for wives and to not esteem the rich brother over the poor etc etc

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
What I am saying is that the 613 provisions of the Mosaic Covenant are not the rule of life for the christian.
They don't have to be, but they can be. There is nothing saying they cannot.
And that the Law was given only to Israel and not to the world as a whole.
But in Romans we read that it was for the whole world, even if in benefit only.
And that we have a law today but it is not just the golden rule but all of the commands given in the NT like the head covering for wives and to not esteem the rich brother over the poor etc etc
There are 1050 commands in the New Testament writings. But these writings are not the new covenant itself.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
They don't have to be, but they can be. There is nothing say ing they cannot.

IN2: that presupposes that the law of Christ is optional! You can choose to keep some of the law of Moses if you want to do so on a voluntary basis however you can not choose to not obey the laws of the NT.

But it Romans we read that it was for the whole world, even if in benefit only.

IN2: I'll show you specifically scriptures that say israel alone recieved that law.

There are 1050 commands in the New Testament writings. But these writings are not the new covenant itself.

beloved57

All for whom Christ lived and died in behalf of do keep the commandments of God because He kept them for them and it is imputed to them for Righteousness Rom 5:19 !

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

That word Righteous dikaios means:

I.righteous, observing divine laws

A.in a wide sense, upright, righteous, virtuous, keeping the commands of God

i.of those who seem to themselves to be righteous, who pride themselves to be righteous, who pride themselves in their virtues, whether real or imagined

ii.innocent, faultless, guiltless

iii.used of him whose way of thinking, feeling, and acting is wholly conformed to the will of God, and who therefore needs no rectification in the heart or life

a.only Christ truly

Christ's Obedience in the behalf of the Many, has made God reckon them to be keeping His Commandments always through and by Jesus Christ who is the only One whoever Kept them Perfectly !

It is given to those for whom it applys to walk in the Faith of that ! Rev 14:12

Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

iv.approved of or acceptable of God

B.in a narrower sense, rendering to each his due and that in a judicial sense, passing just judgment on others, whether expressed in words or shown by the manner of dealing with them