ECT What Kind of Death?

glorydaz

So do you deny that what they believed was in regard to the Christ which came after:

"Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot" (1 Pet.1:18-19).​

Would you show me where it is used in regard those in the OT?

The lamb without spot or blemish is certainly from the OT.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
The second death is "the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone."

The first death is what happens when an unbeliever sins and is separated from the source of spiritual life, the LORD God.

First death is our natural death, second death is when Jesus judges to death.

Jerry Shugart

First death is our natural death, second death is when Jesus judges to death.

According to the Lord Jesus those who believe in Him will never experience the second death:

"I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die"
(Jn.11:25-26).​

Those of us with true faith are eternally secure in the Everlasting Arms of the LORD!

glorydaz

"What is said at 1 Peter 1:18-19 is the heart and soul of the gospel of grace, that believers are "justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus" (Ro.3:24).

Except for the "justified" part, right?

So is this talking about a different redemption?

Luke 1:68 Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people,

Luke 24:21 But we trusted that it had been he which should have redeemed Israel: and beside all this, to day is the third day since these things were done.​

Why no talk of the new creature...hid with Christ in God? It's just not the same.

1 Peter 1:3-5 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you, 5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

"Hope to the end for the grace that IS TO BE BROUGHT unto you....", what is that?

1 Peter 1:13 Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;

meshak

BANNED
Banned
According to the Lord Jesus those who believe in Him will never experience the second death:

We all will be judged according to what we have done. Peter says God's household will be the first ones to be judged.

You read the way what you want to believe.

good day.

Jerry Shugart

"Hope to the end for the grace that IS TO BE BROUGHT unto you....", what is that?

1 Peter 1:13 Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;

That refers to the same "salvation" which still awaits those in the Body of Christ:

"And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed" (Ro.13:11).​

You must not believe that individual Jews were not to be saved until sometime in the future or else why would you quote 1 Peter 1:13?

Do you actually think that those to whom Peter addressed his epistles were not yet saved even though Peter told them this?:

"Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed"
(1 Pet.2:24).​

And even though Peter tells them that they are redeemed by the Lord Jesus' blood you say that their salvation has not happened yet:

"Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot"
(1 Pet.1:18-19).​

Jerry Shugart

We all will be judged according to what we have done. Peter says God's household will be the first ones to be judged.

So believers can experience the second death even though the Lord Jesus said the following:

"I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die?"

If you would actually start believing what He said you too will never experience the second death. But as it stands now you will never escape the second death.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
So believers can experience the second death even though the Lord Jesus said the following:

"I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die?"

If you would actually start believing what He said you too will never experience the second death. But as it stands now you will never escape the second death.

you can believe what you want to believe.

blessings.

Jerry Shugart

you can believe what you want to believe.

Those of us with true faith believe what the Lord Jesus said at John 11:25-26.

Those like you, who put more faith in what some people say about the Scriptures than you do in what the Scriptures actually say, will indeed experience the second death.

It is those who "believe God" who are justified in His sight. Unfortunately, you believe what some people teach even if that teaching is contradicted by the Scriptures.

Jerry Shugart

Yes, you are boasting. You are practically saying you are right and I am wrong.

that is boasting.

You ARE wrong and an example of that is that you just refuse to believe the answer Paul gave in regard to how a person is saved:

"And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house" (Acts 16:30-31).​

You think that you know more than Paul about salvation because you say that believing is not enough!

glorydaz

That refers to the same "salvation" which still awaits those in the Body of Christ:

"And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed" (Ro.13:11).​

You must not believe that individual Jews were not to be saved until sometime in the future or else why would you quote 1 Peter 1:13?

Do you actually think that those to whom Peter addressed his epistles were not yet saved even though Peter told them this?:

"Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed"
(1 Pet.2:24).​

And even though Peter tells them that they are redeemed by the Lord Jesus' blood you say that their salvation has not happened yet:

"Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot"
(1 Pet.1:18-19).​

I don't know, Jerry. I'm trying to understand why Peter does not say the same things that Paul does. True, some things sound similar, but not as the "already done deal" that our salvation is. Nothing about being baptised by the Spirit into the body of Christ....or being created IN HIM as new creatures. Why is there such a difference if they are the same thing?