ECT What is your view of MAD and MADists? (Strictly for people who are not mad)

andyc

At the time Christ was God, not a man.
The relationship that the Israelites had with God under the old covenant, was through the law. The law and the prophets were until John.

Luke 16:16 "The law and the prophets were until John. Since that time the kingdom of God has been preached, and everyone is pressing into it.

What do you think this means ....the law was until John?

Interplanner

The relationship that the Israelites had with God under the old covenant, was through the law. The law and the prophets were until John.

Luke 16:16 "The law and the prophets were until John. Since that time the kingdom of God has been preached, and everyone is pressing into it.

What do you think this means ....the law was until John?

And...what does it mean that people are trying to force their way in--if it is not currently underway and currently offered?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jesus didn't condemn the woman because the law was not followed per condemnation of adultery.
Jesus upheld the law, they did not.

Nonsense.
It is not nonsense that Jesus was born under the law (Gal 4:4).
It is not nonsense that the law was still in force at the time of the adulterous woman.
It is not nonsense that they were not following the rules of the law to condemn someone of adultery.
It is not nonsense that any of them that condemned her under those false circumstances would have violated the law.
It is not nonsense that Jesus was a follower of the law and would not condemn any one by the law under false circumstances.

Danoh

At this point in the various threads, andcy wins the grand prize as the most incompetent of the various posters.

He, of all other posters, has got to have the highest consistency in reading his own notions into the various passages.

Even other Pentecostal/Emotion Based Faith posters on TOL get more passages right (when they do) then he does.

I've met some really dumb so called Bible based Pentecostals, but this guy really takes the cake.

Of course, being that he; like some others also do (at times, in their case) goes by his reading into a thing; he will conclude I am mad at him, or some other natural man based wisdom of men.

Sheesh - andyc not the obvious - at the very least go get yourself some rigourous training in Bible study principles.

If for no other reason than out of a debt of gratitude to He who died for your sins, and rose again for your justification (if - hopefully - you even have this much right).

:doh:

God's Truth

And not one scripture says salvation is by obedience.

There are so many scriptures that tell you to obey or you will not be saved.

…unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven; Matthew 5:32.

…unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven; Matthew 18:3.

…unless you forgive your brother or sister from your heart; Matthew 18:35.

…unless you repent, you too will all perish; Luke 13:3.

… unless they are born of water and the Spirit; John 3:5.

Unless I wash you, you have no part with me; John 13:8.

…unless it dies; 1 Corinthians 15:36.

God's Truth

Jamie, here are more scriptures that say we have to obey to be saved:

Paul not only taught believe and repent TO BE SAVED (Acts 20:21, Acts 26:20), but he also taught that we should continue to OBEY AFTER WE ARE SAVED:

Romans 13:14, Galatians 5:16, and Colossians 3:12, Romans 8:13, Galatians 6:7, 1 Corinthians 6:9, and so many more.

God's Truth

Obeying Jesus is how we are chosen to be saved.
John 14:23

Obeying Jesus is how we eat his flesh.
John 6:55, and John 6:63, and John 6:51.

Obeying Jesus is how we live through his Spirit.
John 6:63, Luke 8:21, Galatians 6:7, 1 Corinthians 6:9, and James 1:16

Obeying Jesus is how Jesus lives though us.
Romans 8:13

Obeying Jesus is how we clothe ourselves with Christ.
Romans 13:14, Galatians 5:16, and Colossians 3:12,

We have to obey Jesus.
Exodus 19:5, Jeremiah 7:23, John 14:15, John 14:21, John 14:23, John 15:10, 1 John 2:3, 1 John 5:3, and 2 John 1:6.

God's Truth

Hi and explain John 6:51 so that I can understand you !!

Jesus is NO LONGER walking on earth , so how can we eat His FLESH ??

dan p

Hi dan p;

I am glad you ask.

Jesus is the Word of God, John 1:1. The Word became flesh, John 1:14. Jesus’ words are life, John 6:63. Jesus’ body is the bread, the bread from heaven, John 6:33. Matthew 4:4 Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.“

If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever, John 6:51. This bread is Jesus’ flesh, which he will give for the life of the world, John 6:53.

Unless we eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, we have no life in us. Jesus tells us the truth, if anyone obeys his word, he will never see death, John 8:51.

When we believe in Jesus’ shed blood, we come into the blood covenant with God, Mark 14:24. We believe and this believing is as drinking his blood.

To obey Jesus, to do what the bread from heaven says, this is eating, this is eating the bread from heaven, and it is eating his flesh. Obeying Jesus’ word is equivalent to eating his flesh.

Luke 11:3 Give us each day our daily bread.

Jesus says for us to pray, give us each day our daily bread. That is having Jesus every day, his words, his teachings. We are to eat Jesus every day, which is to obey every day.

John 6:58 This is the bread that came down from heaven. Your forefathers ate manna and died, but he who feeds on this bread will live forever.”

Did you hear what Jesus said? Jesus says he who “feeds on this bread.” That is not a onetime thing. We are to eat every day. We are to obey every day.

Matthew 5:6 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled.

When we are hungry, hungry for God’s truth, we come to Jesus. Jesus says, “I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty.” John 6:51

When we come to Jesus, believe, and obey, Jesus gives us water to drink that is, Jesus gives us the Holy Spirit, John 4:10; 14; John 7:38; 39.

1 Corinthians 12:13 For we were all baptized by one Spirit into one body–whether Jews or Greeks, slave or free–and we were all given the one Spirit to drink.

John 6:27 Do not work for food that spoils, but for food that endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give you. On him God the Father has placed his seal of approval.” The seal of approval is the Holy Spirit.

When we celebrate the Lord’s Supper, it is in remembrance to Jesus dying for us.
For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until he comes.1 Corinthians 11:26.

Read what Jesus' disciples said to him...

John 4:31 Meanwhile his disciples urged him, "Rabbi, eat something."

32 But he said to them, "I have food to eat that you know nothing about."

33 Then his disciples said to each other, "Could someone have brought him food?"

34 "My food," said Jesus, "is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work.

Did you read that? Jesus says his food is to DO the will of him who sent me and to FINISH HIS WORK.

We are to do God's will. God's will is that we obey Jesus' teachings.

Now, that proves we eat the flesh of Jesus when we do what Jesus says to do.

That is how we eat the bread from heaven, the bread of life.

We have to eat every day. We have to obey every day.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Sarcasm.

The fact that you ask me this, shows that we're talking about Christ a the judge.

There is no sarcasm on my part. You said, "But if people reject righteousness by faith, they will be judged by their works."

I asked by whom and you replied Spongebob.

However, Spongebob is not judging anyone. Neither is anyone else judging unbelievers at this time.