What is the Gospel?

Sonnet

You wish. For some reason I cannot fathom, people continue to take seriously an agnostic who pretends to agonize over who God wants to save or doesn't, when you've said you doubt He even exists.

Since Christianity remains in schism and the Gospel undefined then I may be legitimately wondering what kind of a God is being presented.

The debate does not depend on my integrity which I cannot prove.

Sonnet

Asked and answered :troll:

You, a Christian, tells the world that Christ did not die for everyone and I am the troll?
You have offered not one scripture that explicitly agrees with your assertion.

Since your, 'Christ took the sins of mankind to the cross,' does not mean Christ died for everyone then one wonders why you said it.

Reactions: Lon

Jerry Shugart

Let's ask the guy who wrote those passages.

Whoops!

Galatians 3:21 Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.

Man has the ability to keep the law perfectly but not the will!

Why did you not address Paul's words where he said this:

"For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died. And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death" (Ro.7:9-10).​

If it is impossible for a person to keep the law perfectly and therefore receive life then why would Paul speak of the commandment being "ordained to life"?

Why didn't you address what Paul wrote here:

"For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified"
(Ro.2:13).​

If it was theoretically impossible for those under the law to be justified before God by law-keeping then it certainly would make no sense for Paul to say that "the doers of the law shall be justified."

You addressed neither of these things! Whoops!

Last edited:

glorydaz

You, a Christian, tells the world that Christ did not die for everyone and I am the troll?
You have offered not one scripture that explicitly agrees with your assertion.

Since your, 'Christ took the sins of mankind to the cross,' does not mean Christ died for everyone then one wonders why you said it.

Go ahead and wonder. It's good for you.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
What does Paul mean exactly when he says the cross of Christ can be made of no effect?

1 Corinthians 1:17 KJV - [FONT=&quot]For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.[/FONT]

Sonnet

You just don't like the answers you got. We've seen this game many times. :deadhorse:

None given.

The argument regarding John 3:14-16 is in support of a genuine offer to all men unto salvation.
You have said you believe the offer is genuine yet refute my assertion.

glorydaz

Since Christianity remains in schism and the Gospel undefined then I may be legitimately wondering what kind of a God is being presented.

The debate does not depend on my integrity which I cannot prove.

Christianity doesn't remain in schism.....although I'm not surprised the enemy would want to push that message. The body of Christ is made up of many members. The fact that the hand speaks of it's mission and the foot another is not the business of any unbeliever. We don't need to explain anything to those who are outside the faith.

God says man is WITHOUT EXCUSE, so your claims of legitimacy are but dung.

You're a wolf and you don't even try to dress up in sheep's clothing. Musty is right. You have zero integrity since we see your pointy ears and your sharp teeth. Do you think we were born yesterday. :yawn:

glorydaz

None given.

The argument regarding John 3:14-16 is in support of a genuine offer to all men unto salvation.
You have said you believe the offer is genuine yet refute my assertion.

You didn't even bother to read AMR's post did you? He gave it twice and it was well done. Unlike your vague conjectures that ignore the point the Lord was making. If you can't learn to listen, you'll always be stuck on stupid.

Sonnet

Christianity doesn't remain in schism.....although I'm not surprised the enemy would want to push that message. The body of Christ is made up of many members. The fact that the hand speaks of it's mission and the foot another is not the business of any unbeliever. We don't need to explain anything to those who are outside the faith.

God says man is WITHOUT EXCUSE, so your claims of legitimacy are but dung.

You're a wolf and you don't even try to dress up in sheep's clothing. Musty is right. You have zero integrity since we see your pointy ears and your sharp teeth. Do you think we were born yesterday. :yawn:

The reformation was and remains a schism.
My integrity is questionable and so is yours.

Christians on this forum consider your views outrageous.

Sonnet

You didn't even bother to read AMR's post did you? He gave it twice and it was well done. Unlike your vague conjectures that ignore the point the Lord was making. If you can't learn to listen, you'll always be stuck on stupid.

AMR decided not to continue debating with me.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What does Paul mean exactly when he says the cross of Christ can be made of no effect?

1 Corinthians 1:17 KJV - For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.
Paul here states that the cross of Christ would have been made of none effect, if his preaching had been adorned with eloquence and showmanship.

AMR

glorydaz

1 Corinthians 1:17 KJV - [FONT="]For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.[/FONT]

What do you say, PJ?

To me it means the Gospel is the power of God unto salvation. The cross has no effect for those who do not believe the Gospel...which is the preaching of the cross.

1 Corinthians 1:18

Sonnet

Oh, those you consider to be Christians. Like Evil Eye. :chuckle:

Paul describes this as the Gospel:

Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures...he was buried...he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, and...he appeared to Cephas. and then to the Twelve. After that, he appeared to more than five hundred of the brothers and sisters at the same time, most of whom are still living, though some have fallen asleep. Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles, and last of all he appeared to me also, as to one abnormally born.

and preached it - "Whether, then, it is I or they, this is what we preach, and this is what you believed."

glorydaz

Paul is contending with the Corinthians who liked to have their ears tickled with fancy showmanship devoid of substance.

AMR

Yeah, the Corinthians were like that.

But, he also addresses the preaching of the cross as being the means of salvation.

1 Cor. 1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.​

Reactions: Lon