ECT What is the Gospel?

jsanford108

You're a funny guy.

You probably think that a page with "Old Testament" before Genesis 1:1 is also inspired scripture.

Funny guy? Why thank you. I know I can be quite the comic. Probably due to my cynical and reality based views.

But enough about me. Back to the question: how do you know what is "inspired?"

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

dodge

LOL

Those "names of books" are NOT inspired scripture.

"In the Bible" :rotfl:

God knew what He was doing when He gave us His word.

Obviously you DO NOT !

MAD lumped them all together when actually the 4 Gospels was the SAME Gospel explained written to 4 different audiences.

The Gospels record Christ's ministry to the four groups of people then and now in the world. The Jews who loved the Scriptures and the prophecies of God. They would only listen to one of their own. So Matthew speaks to the Jews and the deeply religious of our day.

Mark spoke to the Romans. These were the leaders and leadership and action impressed them. They knew nothing of Scriptures but everything of power. So to this group comes the action-packed Gospel of the powerful ministry of Christ. Mark uses the word and 1,375 times to tie together the endless actions of Christ. Like our modern successful business men and women, they want a God who can powerfully meet their deepest needs.

Luke was a Greek speaking to the Greeks. The Greeks loved culture, beauty and ideas. Happiness could be found in the pursuit of truth. Luke fills his book with insights, interviews, songs, and details that fascinate the inquiring mind. So today the truth seekers find Jesus in Luke!

John wrote to everyone, because everyone needs to meet God and only Jesus can reveal Him. In this book we meet an absolutely powerful God in human flesh who controls and rules the Universe He created. So the best known verse is the best of all offer that God loves all and offers all - His Son as their only hope!

http://www.jesus.org/is-jesus-god/the-gospels/four-gospels-four-audiences.html

Danoh

God knew what He was doing when He gave us His word.

Obviously you DO NOT !

MAD lumped them all together when actually the 4 Gospels was the SAME Gospel explained written to 4 different audiences.

The Gospels record Christ's ministry to the four groups of people then and now in the world. The Jews who loved the Scriptures and the prophecies of God. They would only listen to one of their own. So Matthew speaks to the Jews and the deeply religious of our day.

Mark spoke to the Romans. These were the leaders and leadership and action impressed them. They knew nothing of Scriptures but everything of power. So to this group comes the action-packed Gospel of the powerful ministry of Christ. Mark uses the word and 1,375 times to tie together the endless actions of Christ. Like our modern successful business men and women, they want a God who can powerfully meet their deepest needs.

Luke was a Greek speaking to the Greeks. The Greeks loved culture, beauty and ideas. Happiness could be found in the pursuit of truth. Luke fills his book with insights, interviews, songs, and details that fascinate the inquiring mind. So today the truth seekers find Jesus in Luke!

John wrote to everyone, because everyone needs to meet God and only Jesus can reveal Him. In this book we meet an absolutely powerful God in human flesh who controls and rules the Universe He created. So the best known verse is the best of all offer that God loves all and offers all - His Son as their only hope!

http://www.jesus.org/is-jesus-god/the-gospels/four-gospels-four-audiences.html

Thanks for that link.

Took a look at various articles on it.

Frankly, bro, this one by A.W.Pink, was a far and away much better break down of the basic theme of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John...

http://www.jesus.org/is-jesus-god/the-gospels/why-are-there-four-gospels.html

dodge

Thanks for that link.

Took a look at various articles on it.

Frankly, bro, this one by A.W.Pink, was a far and away much better break down of the basic theme of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John...

http://www.jesus.org/is-jesus-god/the-gospels/why-are-there-four-gospels.html

You are welcome, Danoh.

I figure when we stop learning and seeking what God intended for us , for our own good we are, we have gotten eaten up with pride of what we think we know .

I have 7 or 8 books written by A.W Pink.

Matthew: Christ is the Son of David, rightful heir to the Messianic throne. Here we see Christ's royal genealogy, the visit by the magi from the East to announce His kingly birth, and the proclamation of His laws in the Sermon on the Mount.

Mark: Here we find Jesus as the Servant of God. Although Jesus came as God to earth, He completely submitted Himself to the will of the Father in heaven and took on the form of a servant. Anything extraneous to that theme is excluded, which is why the narrative contains no references to Jesus's birth or youth.

Luke: To Luke, Jesus is the Son of Man—fully human but unlike any other human being in His perfect submission to God's will. For this reason, Luke traces the genealogy back to Adam (the first human).

John: John presents Jesus as the Son of God—fully divine. Jesus is not only flesh and bones, but He is also the Creator of all things in the beginning (John 1). Jesus reveals His nature as "I am," a title God gave as His own.

In many cases, claims concerning the "contradictions" between the gospels ignore the different purposes of the four writers. The focus helps us understand what each intended to emphasize in the character of Christ. One account could never capture the complete picture.

I believe both accounts of the 4 gospels are good and accurate.

http://www.jesus.org/is-jesus-god/th...r-gospels.html

jsanford108

What is the Gospel?

You first.... what makes you think that those titles that you gave are inspired?

Are they not the labels attributed to the books/authors of the books? Someone was "inspired" to label them. I am not questioning titles here, nor labels. Nor am I avoiding the question. I figure there are two reasons that one would not simply answer. 1) One knows that their answer cannot withstand criticism and scrutiny, usually due to logical issues therein. 2) One is arrogant to the point of believing they are beyond criticism, and reasons other than their own are subpar.

How do we know that Scripture is inspired? My answer is: Christ gave us the Holy Spirit, and His Church, to discern for us. Thus, when the declaration of the Scriptures as the inerrant and divine written Word of God, when compared to and against Scriptures and history itself, one easily sees that this declaration is true in every capacity. (I have always personally believed that Scripture is inspired and true; it wasn't until deep research, and an open mind, provided me with the answer I put forth)

Now I know you may not like that answer. But I am being honest. And rather than just avoiding a question, I answer. So again, how do you know what is or is not "inspired?"

Danoh

You are welcome, Danoh.

I figure when we stop learning and seeking what God intended for us , for our own good we are, we have gotten eaten up with pride of what we think we know .

I have 7 or 8 books written by A.W Pink.

Matthew: Christ is the Son of David, rightful heir to the Messianic throne. Here we see Christ's royal genealogy, the visit by the magi from the East to announce His kingly birth, and the proclamation of His laws in the Sermon on the Mount.

Mark: Here we find Jesus as the Servant of God. Although Jesus came as God to earth, He completely submitted Himself to the will of the Father in heaven and took on the form of a servant. Anything extraneous to that theme is excluded, which is why the narrative contains no references to Jesus's birth or youth.

Luke: To Luke, Jesus is the Son of Man—fully human but unlike any other human being in His perfect submission to God's will. For this reason, Luke traces the genealogy back to Adam (the first human).

John: John presents Jesus as the Son of God—fully divine. Jesus is not only flesh and bones, but He is also the Creator of all things in the beginning (John 1). Jesus reveals His nature as "I am," a title God gave as His own.

In many cases, claims concerning the "contradictions" between the gospels ignore the different purposes of the four writers. The focus helps us understand what each intended to emphasize in the character of Christ. One account could never capture the complete picture.

I believe both accounts of the 4 gospels are good and accurate.

http://www.jesus.org/is-jesus-god/th...r-gospels.html

Yep, Google is a goldmine to all sorts of great reads; bibles; assemblies; people; you name it.

Speaking of which...

Google the following words in between these brackets...

[ pdf a w pink dispensationalism. ]

You'll just love his erroneous assertions "about" what he'd thought "Dispensationalism" is.

Still, you ought read a writing by the other side as well, Acts 17:11-12.

If you ARE that fair, than also Google the words, and download and read the...

[ pdf understanding your bible s craig macdonald ]

Last edited:

dodge

You are an ignorant dork.

The titles that you see in your Bible are NOT part of the inspired text.

lol, the names of the authors are not the names of the authors in your opinion. You are really not to bright are you ?

Every time you post your ignorance shows !

Patrick Cronin

The problem of "two" Gospels derives from a more fundamental error, that of trying to reach certainty by human interpretation of the Scriptures. OF COURSE IT DOESN'T WORK.
The answer to the problem is to listen to the one authority (the Church) that Jesus personally established. He then sent the Holy Spirit to the Apostles with the specific intention of guiding His Church into "ALL THE TRUTH":(John 16:13).
If we believe in Jesus there can only be one Gospel.

Last edited:

Right Divider

Body part
Are they not the labels attributed to the books/authors of the books? Someone was "inspired" to label them. I am not questioning titles here, nor labels. Nor am I avoiding the question. I figure there are two reasons that one would not simply answer. 1) One knows that their answer cannot withstand criticism and scrutiny, usually due to logical issues therein. 2) One is arrogant to the point of believing they are beyond criticism, and reasons other than their own are subpar.

How do we know that Scripture is inspired? My answer is: Christ gave us the Holy Spirit, and His Church, to discern for us. Thus, when the declaration of the Scriptures as the inerrant and divine written Word of God, when compared to and against Scriptures and history itself, one easily sees that this declaration is true in every capacity. (I have always personally believed that Scripture is inspired and true; it wasn't until deep research, and an open mind, provided me with the answer I put forth)

Now I know you may not like that answer. But I am being honest. And rather than just avoiding a question, I answer. So again, how do you know what is or is not "inspired?"
The scripture is given by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit; the names put on those books is not. It's as simple as that.

So you're a Romanist? That would explain much of your confusion.

Right Divider

Body part
lol, the names of the authors are not the names of the authors in your opinion. You are really not to bright are you ?

Every time you post your ignorance shows !
You are literally to stupid to talk to.

The names of the BOOKS are NOT Holy Spirit inspired scripture.

That you could not even understand what was being said is a testament to your moronic "understanding" of the Bible.

jsanford108

What is the Gospel?

The scripture is given by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit; the names put on those books is not. It's as simple as that.

So you're a Romanist? That would explain much of your confusion.

So quick to dismiss me as a Romanist who is confused. Let us examine your answer, shall we?

How do you know that "scripture is given by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit?"

Right Divider

Body part
So quick to dismiss me as a Romanist who is confused. Let us examine your answer, shall we?

How do you know that "scripture is given by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit?"
Because scripture says so.

2Tim 3:16-17 (KJV)
(3:16) All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: (3:17) That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.