ECT What is the Gospel?

jsanford108

Honestly, the Gospel is easy to sum up. It is belief/faith in the Life, Teaching, Passion, Death, and Resurrection of Christ.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Matthew 28:6 (KJV) ...He is risen...
Mark 16:6 (KJV) ...He is risen...
Luke 24:6 (KJV) ...He is...risen...

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
You really don't even have to ask the question, if you can take a small step back, and just look at history. The Gospel is that He is risen, and that He is risen indeed. It's the root and trunk of your faith, and if you love the Lord, then it's not tricky to know what the Good News is---He is risen.

Right Divider

Body part
You really don't even have to ask the question, if you can take a small step back, and just look at history. The Gospel is that He is risen, and that He is risen indeed. It's the root and trunk of your faith, and if you love the Lord, then it's not tricky to know what the Good News is---He is risen.
That He is risen is certainly good news. But it is not the gospel of the kingdom, or the gospel of the circumcision, or the gospel of the uncircumcision, or the gospel of the grace of God, etc.

There are many "good news's" defined in the Bible and we all need to accept them as written.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
That He is risen is certainly good news. But it is not the gospel of the kingdom, or the gospel of the circumcision, or the gospel of the uncircumcision, or the gospel of the grace of God, etc.
No but all those things you mention ought not distract anybody ever from that, He is risen. And I don't think you disagree.
There are many "good news's" defined in the Bible and we all need to accept them as written.
Supra. :)

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
1 Corinthians 15:1-4 King James Version (KJV)

15 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

jsanford108

Nowhere in the Bible is there a gospel described like that.

Except that it is inherent in the names of books. "The Gospel according to Matthew," "The Gospel according to Mark," "The Gospel according to Luke," and "The Gospel according to John." So yes, it is in the Bible.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Right Divider

Body part
Except that it is inherent in the names of books. "The Gospel according to Matthew," "The Gospel according to Mark," "The Gospel according to Luke," and "The Gospel according to John." So yes, it is in the Bible.
LOL

Those "names of books" are NOT inspired scripture.

"In the Bible" :rotfl: