ECT What is the Gospel?

God's Truth

Where did they go?

They are quick to accuse me and try to humiliate me, but they cannot answer the question.

The question is WHO are those who misunderstand Paul?

WHAT is it that they misunderstand?

I know but let's see if they know.

2 Peter 3:16 He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction.

17 Therefore, dear friends, since you have been forewarned, be on your guard so that you may not be carried away by the error of the lawless and fall from your secure position.

Right Divider

Body part
Galatians 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

Galatians 1:9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.
There is no possible way that they will understand this:

Gal 1:6-7 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:6) I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel: (1:7) Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.

:nono:

heir

TOL Subscriber
You have been told this many times...you have been told that the works of righteousness that Paul spoke about are circumcision, and the sacrifice of animals.
Paul is telling all men not by works of righteousness which we have done as in:

"all things which are written in the book of the law to do them" (Galatians 3:10 KJV)

as in "there is none righteous, no not one (Romans 3:10-12 KJV)

as in all have sinned and come short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23 KJV)

Paul preached justification freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus (Romans 2:23 KJV, Romans 8:33 KJV)

to him that worketh not, but believeth on Him that justifieth the ungodly (Romans 4:5 KJV)

according to His mercy (Titus 3:5-6 KJV) and great love we are saved (Ephesians 2:4-9 KJV)

All of His work, even the righteousness of God which is by faith OF Jesus Christ is put to the account,"upon all them that believe" (Romans 3:21-22 KJV) the good news of our salvation (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV).

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You are neither a Gentile like the Galatians or Abraham's seed. So there.

Gal 3:16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.
Gal 3:17 And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.
Gal 3:18 For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise.

Gal 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

LA

Interplanner

You are neither a Gentile like the Galatians or Abraham's seed. So there.

totally worthless; the reason God preserved the wonderful book of Galatians was so we would know forever as Gentiles that we share in the promise (reception) as does any other believer, and that it is not confined to race or ethnic lines, forever.

We're gonna have people hating the NT soon, at this rate...

Right Divider

Body part
totally worthless; the reason God preserved the wonderful book of Galatians was so we would know forever as Gentiles that we share in the promise (reception) as does any other believer, and that it is not confined to race or ethnic lines, forever.

We're gonna have people hating the NT soon, at this rate...
Why did God separate Israel from the other people on the earth to begin with?

heir

TOL Subscriber
Gal 3:16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.
Gal 3:17 And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.
Gal 3:18 For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise.

Gal 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

LA
That's not the "you Gentiles" that Paul was given the dispensation of the grace of God toward (Ephesians 3:1-5 KJV) that we are likened to:

time past:

Ephesians 2:11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;

Ephesians 2:12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

but now:

Ephesians 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

ages to come:

Ephesians 2:7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Ephesians 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

The Gentiles you cited scripture of are those to whom we (the "ye" of Ephesians 1:13 KJV/ the Gentiles I cited scripture of above in Ephesians) are fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel!

Ephesians 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

Interplanner

That's not the "you Gentiles" that Paul was given the dispensation of the grace of God toward (Ephesians 3:1-5 KJV) that we are likened to:

time past:

Ephesians 2:11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;

Ephesians 2:12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

but now:

Ephesians 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

ages to come:

Ephesians 2:7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Ephesians 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

The Gentiles you cited scripture of are those to whom we (the "ye" of Ephesians 1:13 KJV/ the Gentiles I cited scripture of above in Ephesians) are fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel!

Ephesians 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

They had to be Christians of course. Otherwise you are very confusing. But that is the point: the fellowship and sharing of Israel's promises was because they were Christians--the gentile people and the Jewish people AND the promises!!! These things are true IN CHRIST. Ie, CHRIST-ian.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Show me one problem with that summary of Galatians.
"we" (as you include yourself) are not Galatians or Gentiles like the Galatians. I showed you from the scriptures already. I'm not interested in your opinion. It is
as you say,"totally worthless" (1 Corinthians 2:5 KJV).

Right Divider

Body part
"we" (as you include yourself) are not Galatians or Gentiles like the Galatians. I showed you from the scriptures already. I'm not interested in your opinion. It is
as you say,"totally worthless" (1 Corinthians 2:5 KJV).

Gal 3:23 (AKJV/PCE)
(3:23) But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.

Rom 2:14 (AKJV/PCE)
(2:14) For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:

How do you suppose IP reconciles these?

God's Truth

Gal 3:23 (AKJV/PCE)
(3:23) But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.

Rom 2:14 (AKJV/PCE)
(2:14) For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:

How do you suppose IP reconciles these?

While the old law was in existence---GENTILES were EXCLUDED FROM GOD and WITHOUT Christ BECAUSE of the law!

Ephesaian 2:12 remember that at that time you were separate from Christ, excluded from citizenship in Israel and foreigners to the covenants of the promise, without hope and without God in the world.

So you can see that the OLD LAW DID IN FACT affect the Gentiles.

Under the old law, if ANYONE wanted to be close to God they HAD TO BE CIRCUMCISED and clean themselves and offer animals to sacrifice! If you did not do those things you could not be called a child of God and go to the temple WHERE HIS SPIRIT WAS.