What is the express image of God?

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Not in the slightest keypurr.

For the Greek word χαρακτήρ (character) in Heb 1:3, Vine's states;
the special function of creating and upholding the universe is ascribed to Christ under His titles of Word, Image, and Son, respectively. The kind of Creatorship so predicated of Him is not that of a mere instrument or artificer in the formation of the world, but that of One 'by whom, in whom, and for whom' all things are made, and through whom they subsist. This implies the assertion of His true and absolute Godhood" (Laidlaw, in Hastings' Bib. Dic.).

The fact is if you move OFF the one word you are fixated on, you will see that Jesus is described as; "sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven."
This describes God, not just a man.
Again as the scriptures say that ONLY God is our savior, Is 43:11-12 (NIV), then Jesus has to be God, because He is clearly our savior, or at least He is mine. Is He yours?

Of course I agree with StanJ in his main argument, represented here that Jesus is God....it seems however that however clearly scriptures states the fact the revelation can only come directly from God himself

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Of course I agree with StanJ in his main argument, represented here that Jesus is God....it seems however that however clearly scriptures states the fact the revelation can only come directly from God himself

This is very true. We can only understand the revelation of God when it comes from God. Those who do not accept the deity of Jesus have yet to receive that revelation from God.

keypurr

Don't really care if you started it...I just know you'll use the issue to deflect and equivocate as you have already done, so I won't engage Totton.
They actually do want help as they can't keep up with all the crap that people post, which is why they have a report button.
Is the issue the OP or not keypurr? If you tell me here it is then you should tell everyone it is, but obviously you want diversions to take away from you lies which you have been perpetuating here and on others threads for years. It wasn't me who said it was OK for Totton to take it off topic and now you accuse me of bullying by telling him that very thing?
You are quite the :loser:

In other words, you have no opinion on the verses quoted in the OP. Makes you look dumb Stan.

StanJ

In other words, you have no opinion on the verses quoted in the OP. Makes you look dumb Stan.

Answered it a long time ago keypurr and ever since your condescending response I have no compunction to answer anything you say, just deny your fallacious assertions.

keypurr

Answered it a long time ago keypurr and ever since your condescending response I have no compunction to answer anything you say, just deny your fallacious assertions.

I wish you well Stan. Have a great life, chances are its the only one you will have.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Ephesians 2:4-10 NASB - 4 But God, being rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, 5 even when we were dead in our transgressions, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), 6 and raised us up with Him, and seated us with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, 7 so that in the ages to come He might show the surpassing riches of His grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. 8 For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; 9 not as a result of works, so that no one may boast. 10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
from 'image' to 'spirit'........

from 'image' to 'spirit'........

It is a wonder "Saved" is not yet copyrighted or become a registered trademark. :crackup:

"You cannot be "Saved"(TM) unless you accept our dogmata! ("GOD"(TM) SAYS SO!)"

You mean its more like "because I say so". It is the ego's projection/assumption that 'God' is endorsing or claiming the 'dogmata' as His own,...but things get blurry where the 'ego' and 'God' get con-fused :)

My 'cornucopia' post shared earlier holds,...as well as the basic metaphysics behind the function of 'imagery' in consciousness,...for an original MIND is always the source of images that arise being born from its womb. Hence the 'logos' is seen as a 'Son' that is 'eternally begotten',....because that creative wellspring of divine logic and thought, is ever arising from within the Father, in his act of engaging CREATION. Any and all images arising from The Universal Father (The First Source and Center)....are generations of 'God',....'offspring', 'progeny', 'creations' of 'God'. This includes all sons of God, angels and man. I don't think you need a course in metaphysics to see this.

It is well enough to recognize the image of God and what that image REVEALS, going to the heart-source of it, then further into spiritual communion and ultimately worship. We use the 'image' to go deeper into communion with the Spirit, and this spirit-to-spirit communion is true worship. The 'image' itself is not it, (just like a 'word' is not the thing itself)....and such a mistaken gesture is at the heart of idolatry.

As far as the term 'saved' goes its 'over-rated' and 'over-used', since anyone can claim to be 'saved', and have that mean anything they want. Whoop-dee-doo. Being 'saved' really is a more intimate personal experience of real communion with God, the process of dying to the ego, sanctification, purification, etc. Being 'saved' is a daily process, as long as one needs 'salvation' in any instant or circumstance,...but here again, we stretch our definitions to whatever meanings suits us.

pj

Zeke

Human is a species name, NOT legal. Do you have a point?

You claim to be part of human race then right? you also have a legal name (Babylonian Strawman) certified on a birth certificate that created you, a fiction in debt to a fraudulent system that is the same dogma of the christian fear based dogma you embrace.

StanJ

I wish you well Stan. Have a great life, chances are its the only one you will have.

Already have had, and look forward to my Eternal One with my God and Savior Jesus Christ. You on the other hand will be in for a rude awakening keypurr. Better you shake those cobwebs out of your head now than later.

StanJ

You claim to be part of human race then right? you also have a legal name (Babylonian Strawman) certified on a birth certificate that created you, a fiction in debt to a fraudulent system that is the same dogma of the christian fear based dogma you embrace.

:dizzy: :blabla: