ECT What is the difference between "Redemption" and "Salvation"?

Cross Reference

Anyone here believe they can explain. Perhaps Lon or AMR or anyone else who has shied away from making the attempt because of being unsure like, PPS?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Anyone here believe they can explain. Perhaps Lon or AMR or anyone else who has shied away from making the attempt because of being unsure like, PPS?

Paul defined redemption as the forgiveness of sins. (Ephesians 1:7)

Salvation is immortality. (Romans 8:24-25)

DAN P

Hi and EXAGORAZO is a Greek compound word , of EX which to take out !!

AGORAZO with EX means to BUY out of the Market place of SIN and to be set FREE !!

SOTERIA / SALVATION is explained in Rom 1:16 !!

Have you noticed that when PENTECOSTALS and COVENANT so-called thinker are ask to explain how they were SAVED they run away , are you like them ?/

dan p

Cross Reference

Hi , and show me where I am wrong in post #3 ??

If you will look in VINE'S book it will show you what it means !!

dan p

I am asking for the difference between Redemption and Salvation.

I am asking if you know. Not everyone owns a Vine's dictionary.

Interplanner

Redemption does often have to do with the disposition of property. If it has been lost to pay for something, and then earned back, it is redeemed. We are not slaves to sin; we have been bought/redeemed by a kind owner.

Salvation is best viewed as the total: justification, transformation and future glorification.

Cross Reference

It's simple, the redeemed are mortal and the saved are immortal.

Everyone is immortal. Where they spend eternity is why Jesus died on the cross.

What is Redemption?

What is Salvation?

Both are of Jesus Christ. Can one be redeemed without Salvation? Can one be saved wthout being redeemed?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

It was answered. Salvation is moving from death to life. Redeemed allows that to happen. Now Paul also says there is a day of redemption, and that is for those who are saved. So it goes with English. Day of redemption in context with his ministry would be our incorruptible selves, in place of the ones that groan with all of creatoin.

Cross Reference

It was answered. Salvation is moving from death to life. Redeemed allows that to happen. Now Paul also says there is a day of redemption, and that is for those who are saved. So it goes with English. Day of redemption in context with his ministry would be our incorruptible selves, in place of the ones that groan with all of creatoin.

You have it backwards. Think about a little more because one carries price.

OMT: I took you off ignore for this reply. Don't make me regret it.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Salvation is moving from death to life, and it is eternal for the Body of Christ. And since you like red letters, here are some.

John 5

24 “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life.

We are reconciled by his death at the cross, and receive salvation with his life.

Cross Reference

Salvation is moving from death to life, and it is eternal for the Body of Christ. And since you like red letters, here are some.

John 5

24 “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life.

". . . as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:" John 1:12 (KJV)

What does that say to you except you aren't there simply by beliving but that because you have believed He is able to give you power to become that which can only be accessed by you when you understand fully what "so great salvation" is intended to accomplish for placing you in Father and the Father in you...for which one must count the cost.

Here it is repeated by Jesus with a little added clarity that points up the fact of there being a price involved: "And this is life eternal, that *they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3 (KJV)

*Intimacy here as in it being as a physical marriage

We are reconciled by his death at the cross,

Yes. If you have already been justified by already having faith in God. That takes care of everyone who has faith in God but have never heard of Jesus Christ,

and receive salvation with his life.

Again, John 17:3 in enabled.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Redemption does not imply salvation, and salvation does not imply redemption. They are two different words with two different meanings.

Redemption is simply a step within the process of God's elect receiving salvation.