What is "Faith alone ?"

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Justification: Forgiveness by faith alone

Sanctification: Obedient, holy life

Both are true.

Justification is first; sanctification follows. Faith produces obedience. Romans 3:31

There is no support of "faith alone" in the Bible both in OT and NT.

It is always with obedience. It is the same as faith without deeds is dead. Deed is obedience.

God's Truth

so ? that is from the 2nd covenant.

Abram believed God and God "counted it to him as righteousness. " undisputed.

Gen 15:6 And he believed the LORD, and he counted it to him as righteousness.

Abraham believed and obeyed. That is why there was any covenant.

way 2 go

Abraham believed and obeyed. That is why there was any covenant.
2 covenants

1.Abram believed God

2. Abraham circumcised.
Gen 17:10 This is my covenant, which you shall keep, between me and you and your offspring after you: Every male among you shall be circumcised.

200w_d.gif

God's Truth

2 covenants

1.Abram believed God

2. Abraham circumcised.
Gen 17:10 This is my covenant, which you shall keep, between me and you and your offspring after you: Every male among you shall be circumcised.

Genesis 26:4-5 I will make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and will give them all these lands, and through your offspring all nations on earth will be blessed, because Abraham obeyed me and kept my requirements, my commands, my decrees and my laws."

way 2 go

Genesis 26:4-5 I will make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and will give them all these lands, and through your offspring all nations on earth will be blessed, because Abraham obeyed me and kept my requirements, my commands, my decrees and my laws."

faith only undisputed.

Abram believed God

200w_d.gif

God's Truth

faith only undisputed.

Abram believed God

I gave you scripture that plainly says BECAUSE he believed.

Faith alone is dead and cannot save anyone.

Even demons believe and do something.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Are you trying to add man's work to justification? :smokie: Acts 15:1–29; Gal. 2:16

No , you are trying to take it away . There "is" effort and work evolved in Faithing . And the reality of that fact doesn't add anything to Grace , the "FINISHED!!!!!!!" work that Christ did on the cross.

If you think i can or am even insinuating my works can save a fly , your delusional!

Faither

BANNED
Banned
you do know you keep trying to use Abraham's
second covenant with circumcision to change
Abrams first covenant of faith only.

I live by the new covenant that Jesus made the way for. We travel on and to it by Faithing , "A continual surrendering of our lives to Him , and a life inspired by such surrender." Vines exact definition of Pisteuo.

way 2 go

I live by the new covenant that Jesus made the way for. We travel on and to it by Faithing , "A continual surrendering of our lives to Him , and a life inspired by such surrender." Vines exact definition of Pisteuo.

is this believe only ?
if not show me from this verse

oatmeal

Here are some facts and then maybe someone can show me where i'm not understanding correctly.

To me "Faith alone" , makes no sense , and this is why.

1) Faith is pistis in the Greek and is the noun.

2) The corresponding verb to that noun in the Greek is pisteuo.

3) Pisteuo is an action word something we do ,as is the definition of a verb.

4) pisteuo in the Vines is defined as "A personal surrender to Him , and a life inspired by such surrender."

So are the "Faith alone" people saying that all we need to do is continually surrender ourselves to Christ in mind and deed ? Because that would make perfect sense to me.

Do they have scripture that they base their statements on?

For us to receive anything from God their are several things we must do. One of them is to believe, specifically, God's word. We must know from God's word what God will do and not do.

Our job is to believe. Faith is something God imparts to the believers in this age of grace, it was not available before this age of grace. The KJV translators often translated pistis as believing and faith interchangeably. Without getting into a study that is more than I am willing to offer, look at Galatians 3

But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.

24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

There was a time that faith was not available, for it is the faith of Jesus Christ. People could believe before that but faith first became available on the day of Pentecost.

Briefly, faith is the entire package of what Jesus Christ made available to us. It includes the gift of eternal life/holy spirit/righteousness/salvation and the doctrine, reproof and correction that teaches us how to live it (by believing it)

Similarly, Romans 5:1 We were justified by faith, should that be translated faith or believing? further down it says were justified by his blood, therefore it is not our believing that we were justified but by what Jesus Christ did.

However, as stated above, we receive God's benefits and promises by our believing. In order to receive that justification which God provided for us by the blood of His son, we do or have done Romans 10:9 by which we immediately receive the gift of salvation.

God in Christ does all the heavy lifting, we simply believe to receive.

Last edited:

Faither

BANNED
Banned
is this believe only ?
if not show me from this verse

Wow , where have you been!

Best for you to access all my posts for the last couple of weeks. I've gone over that many times. Then you can ask me some specific questions if you want.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
undisputed

Abram believed God and God counted it to him as righteousness.

There is no word in the Greek for the word "believe."

There is only pisteuo , faith moving towards God. Or Apisteuo , adding the "A" reverses the action to Faith moving away from God.

MPO , is they don't recognize a state of being where a person is "only believing" , kind of a neutral state. They understood that we are either moving towards God pisteuo , or moving away from God Apisteuo.

Pisteuo , moving towards God is "a continual surrendering of our lives to Jesus , and a life inspired by such surrender."

Apisteuo , moving away from God is everything other than such surrender. It can only be one or the other.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Do they have scripture that they base their statements on?

For us to receive anything from God their are several things we must do. One of them is to believe, specifically, God's word. We must know from God's word what God will do and not do.

Our job is to believe. Faith is something God imparts to the believers in this age of grace, it was not available before this age of grace. The KJV translators often translated pistis as believing and faith interchangeably. Without getting into a study that is more than I am willing to offer, look at Galatians 3

But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.

24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

There was a time that faith was not available, for it is the faith of Jesus Christ. People could believe before that but faith first became available on the day of Pentecost.

Briefly, faith is the entire package of what Jesus Christ made available to us. It includes the gift of eternal life/holy spirit/righteousness/salvation and the doctrine, reproof and correction that teaches us how to live it (by believing it)

Nope , please go back , find my posts for the last two weeks , read them and then come back with them in mind if you desire.
Just don't want to keep repeating myself.

way 2 go

Wow , where have you been!

Best for you to access all my posts for the last couple of weeks. I've gone over that many times. Then you can ask me some specific questions if you want.

it's a simple question .

is Gen 15:6 believe only ?
if not show me from these verses

Gen 15:3 And Abram said, “Behold, you have given me no offspring, and a member of my household will be my heir.”
Gen 15:4 And behold, the word of the LORD came to him: “This man shall not be your heir; your very own son shall be your heir.”
Gen 15:5 And he brought him outside and said, “Look toward heaven, and number the stars, if you are able to number them.” Then he said to him, “So shall your offspring be.”

Faither

BANNED
Banned
it's a simple question .

is Gen 15:6 believe only ?
if not show me from these verses

Gen 15:3 And Abram said, “Behold, you have given me no offspring, and a member of my household will be my heir.”
Gen 15:4 And behold, the word of the LORD came to him: “This man shall not be your heir; your very own son shall be your heir.”
Gen 15:5 And he brought him outside and said, “Look toward heaven, and number the stars, if you are able to number them.” Then he said to him, “So shall your offspring be.”

This is how it works.

If you don't know what real NT saving Faith and faithing is , that means you haven't done it yet and are still at the drawing of the Father phase of the Salvation journey.

Just being at this state of the process makes you one of the lucky ones. The thing to know at this point , because you have not yet made the first surrendering of your life to God as the response of the Father calling you , you would fall under the Rom 8:9 state of being Paul tells us about.

It states that if you don't have the Spirit of Christ in you and you in Him , "Christ" in none of yours. If Christ is none of yours , then "His Word" can't be yours either. So i won't talk Scripture with you until those requirements are met.

way 2 go

This is how it works.

If you don't know what real NT saving Faith and faithing is , that means you haven't done it yet and are still at the drawing of the Father phase of the Salvation journey.

Just being at this state of the process makes you one of the lucky ones. The thing to know at this point , because you have not yet made the first surrendering of your life to God as the response of the Father calling you , you would fall under the Rom 8:9 state of being Paul tells us about.

It states that if you don't have the Spirit of Christ in you and you in Him , "Christ" in none of yours. If Christ is none of yours , then "His Word" can't be yours either. So i won't talk Scripture with you until those requirements are met.

ran out of substance an resorted to personal attack ,very sad.