What is "Faith alone ?"

Nang

TOL Subscriber
So you refuse to follow Jesus' teachings?

Jesus says if you love Me, keep My commands.

Keeping His commands is work, don't you agree?

Or you believe you don't have to love Jesus to be saved?

thanks.

I believe one must be saved in order to love Jesus and obey His commands.

The word "surrender" does not properly define faith, IMO. To surrender, is to give up what one habitually desires to do. Surrendering is not confession that leads to real repentance.

Faith is believing, resting, trusting in the righteousness of Jesus Christ, rather than one's own works.

Neither obedience or confession is a work. It is a loving response that results from faith. It is a spiritual fruit of faith. Galatians 5:22; I John 1:9-2:6

Faither

BANNED
Banned
I am telling you that one cannot form doctrine from Vine's. "Surrender" denotes a human work, which contradicts being justified by faith alone, as well as being sanctified by grace alone.

You are the one who will now be ignored . . by me . . for refusing to repent of teaching a false gospel of faith plus works.

I would bet the house you don't know what justification and sanctification are either .

Since you can only discredit the Greek dictionary ,and the one word that was used to tell us how we become in Christ , (pisteuo used 248 times) with nothing more than your opinion , you must join truster and others in the corn field.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
I believe one must be saved in order to love Jesus and obey His commands.

The word "surrender" does not properly define faith, IMO. To surrender, is to give up what one habitually desires to do. Surrendering is not confession that leads to real repentance.

Faith is believing, resting, trusting in the righteousness of Jesus Christ, rather than one's own works.

Neither obedience or confession is a work. It is a loving response that results from faith. It is a spiritual fruit of faith. Galatians 5:22; I John 1:9-2:6

The only and last thing i can tell you to try and get through to you , is if you have the Spirit of Christ , you have the Mind of Christ. You know and i know you have no idea what happens to someone when the mind of Christ is given to you. So don't reply back , just be honest with yourself . I'm rooting for you.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
So why did Jesus command His disciples to keep His commands?

All men are commanded to keep the commandments of God. And all unsaved men fail to obey.

In order to obey and be pleasing to the Lord, we must first be saved by grace.

But grace never eliminates the commandments to love God and neighbor. To think so is the error of Antinomianism.

I am agreeing with you, Meshak. Not arguing.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
All men are commanded to keep the commandments of God. And all unsaved men fail to obey.

In order to obey and be pleasing to the Lord, we must first be saved by grace.

But grace never eliminates the commandments to love God and neighbor. To think so is the error of Antinomianism.

I am agreeing with you, Meshak. Not arguing.

Then why do you argue against faither?

I know his faith is the same path with mine.

Do you know that MADs are "faith alone" believers too? and others who are not are wicked, cult, unsaved, and non-believers?

Nang

TOL Subscriber

Because I believe it is a false gospel to teach grace plus works. Having to willfully surrender daily is a work; which is not the same as confession of sin and repentance.

Do you know that MADs are "faith alone" believers too? and others who are not are wicked, cult, unsaved, and non-believers?

MADists are Antinomians.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antinomianism

"In Christianity, an antinomian is one who takes the principle of salvation by faith and divine grace to the point of asserting that the saved are not bound to follow the Law of Moses."

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Because I believe it is a false gospel to teach grace plus works.

that's what I believe too because Jesus commands us to obey His teachings. Jesus commands to do the works.

How can you say He is your Lord if you don't obey His commands?

Yes. MADists are Antinomians.

So are you antinomian too?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
that's what I believe too because Jesus commands us to obey His teachings. Jesus commands to do the works.

How can you say He is your Lord if you don't obey His commands?

Unsaved persons' works try to earn merit with God, and always fail.

Obedience is not a work. God's grace has gifted His children with the capacity to obey His commands out of love . . not as earning heaven . . but being made fit and holy for the everlasting promises.

Obedience produces holiness, serves righteousness, and evidences love for God. How could the Holy Spirit indwell a soul, and not produce obedience. It is the very evidence of salvation.

So are you antinomian too?

Not at all. I am a Reformer and believe in Justification by Faith, alone. I just think Faither is off track with his definition of saving faith.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Unsaved persons' works try to earn merit with God, and always fail.

we strive to follow Jesus' commands because that's the way of life. Jesus says He is the way, the truth and the life.

Not at all. I am a Reformer and believe in Justification by Faith, alone.

But they claim faith alone too like you do. Isnt that why AMR and Lon are with them?

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
God Molds the Clay

God Molds the Clay

"Surrender", cuts through all that, and allows God to mold the clay how He sees fit.

Odd and sad at the same time.

God forms the clay as He is so disposed to do with His creation without any consideration whatsoever about the clay's merit. The pot has no say over the Potter to dispute its formation.

If God awaits surrender from His fallen creatures for their molding, none will be saved, for the "pot"—the non-believer—is deceitful and desperately sick (Jer. 17:9), full of evil (Mark 7:21-23), not able to come to Jesus unless given to by God (Eph. 2:2), must be quickened by God (Eph. 2:4-5; Eze. 36:26), cannot choose righteousness until regenerated (Titus 3:5), loves darkness rather than light (John 3:19), is unrighteous, does not understand, does not seek for God (Rom. 3:10-12), is helpless and ungodly (Rom. 5:6), is dead in his trespasses and sins (Eph. 2-1), is by nature a child of wrath (Eph. 2-3), cannot understand spiritual things (1 Cor 2:14), and is a slave of sin (Rom. 6:15-20).

AMR

way 2 go

Abraham's faith was living because of what he did.

That is what the scriptures say.

right, he believed .

Gen 15:5 And he brought him outside and said, "Look toward heaven, and number the stars, if you are able to number them." Then he said to him, "So shall your offspring be."
Gen 15:6 And he believed the LORD, and he counted it to him as righteousness.

way 2 go

If you were using the word "faith" with the correct understanding you would get my attention.

Abram believed, nothing more .

Gen 15:5 And he brought him outside and said, "Look toward heaven, and number the stars, if you are able to number them." Then he said to him, "So shall your offspring be."

Salvation is by "Grace" through "Faith". So thats two different mandatory things that must be fulfilled.

Abram had faith ...

meshak

BANNED
Banned
right, he believed .

He believed and obeyed because God commanded to sacrifice his beloved son.

Righteousness comes with obedience, not just believing.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
But they claim faith alone too like you do. Isnt that why AMR and Lon are with them?

With MADists? Are AMR and Lon "with them?" I do not know how far they wish to affiliate with Antinomians. You have to ask them . . .

Faither

BANNED
Banned

Meshak , i want to clarify. I consider "obedience" to anything of God to be a bad word. Even if i could muster an obedient act by my own will once in a while it would be worth nothing. The reason is if we break one law or command in thought or in deed for just a millisecond , we fall short. But , if you want to talk about obedience that comes by being in Christ , His nature flowing through us , thats a different conversation.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Odd and sad at the same time.

God forms the clay as He is so disposed to do with His creation without any consideration whatsoever about the clay's merit. The pot has no say over the Potter to dispute its formation.

If God awaits surrender from His fallen creatures for their molding, none will be saved, for the "pot"—the non-believer—is deceitful and desperately sick (Jer. 17:9), full of evil (Mark 7:21-23), not able to come to Jesus unless given to by God (Eph. 2:2), must be quickened by God (Eph. 2:4-5; Eze. 36:26), cannot choose righteousness until regenerated (Titus 3:5), loves darkness rather than light (John 3:19), is unrighteous, does not understand, does not seek for God (Rom. 3:10-12), is helpless and ungodly (Rom. 5:6), is dead in his trespasses and sins (Eph. 2-1), is by nature a child of wrath (Eph. 2-3), cannot understand spiritual things (1 Cor 2:14), and is a slave of sin (Rom. 6:15-20).

AMR

I just don't agree with you , a non believer , drawn by the Father demands a response. In the NT that response is defined by the use of the Greek word "pisteuo" used 248 times , and mistranslated when they chose the words believe , believer , and believing , because the English language has no word to translate "pisteuo".

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Meshak , i want to clarify. I consider "obedience" to anything of God to be a bad word. Even if i could muster an obedient act by my own will once in a while it would be worth nothing. The reason is if we break one law or command in thought or in deed for just a millisecond , we fall short. But , if you want to talk about obedience that comes by being in Christ , His nature flowing through us , thats a different conversation.

That's because Jesus' standard is perfection.

But if we are sincere followers and have willingness to be faithful, the Holy Spirit will accomodate our imperfect faith. This is my contextual reasoning.