ECT What gospel was Paul saved under?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
:up:

13 “Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it.

Even thought he was preaching to the Isralites about faith plus works, it applies to me. There is no alternate route, unlike the claims of some like Joel Frosteen.

Therein lies the difference. Peter preached faith in Christ plus works to the Jews, whereas, Paul preached faith alone without works to the Gentile believers. Both of these men preached faith in Christ though. The difference being: Peter preached the Kingdom message to the Jews and the Apostle Paul preached the Grace message to the Gentiles.

Danoh

Today, only the Grace message is being preached which covers both Jew and Gentile alike.

What I see is that just before Paul, the Jew/Gentile distinction was no longer.

It is why he could go to both - both were now UNcircumcision, and in need of his "gospel of the UNcircumcision" he himself was saved under AFTER he TOO was concluded in SPIRITUAL UNcircumcision WITH UNbelieving Israel WITH the Gentiles...

Acts 7:51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye. 7:52 Which of the prophets have not your fathers persecuted? and they have slain them which shewed before of the coming of the Just One; of whom ye have been now the betrayers and murderers: 7:53 Who have received the law by the disposition of angels, and have not kept it.

Romans 2:24 For the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles through you, as it is written. 2:25 For circumcision verily profiteth, if thou keep the law: but if thou be a breaker of the law, thy circumcision is made uncircumcision.

Romans 3:9 What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin; 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: 3:11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

3:19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin. 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; 3:24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: 3:25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; 3:26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

Romans 11:30 For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief: 11:31 Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy. 11:32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all. 11:33 O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!

Ephesians 2:1 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins; 2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: 2:3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

Etc...

john w

Hall of Fame
:doh:

I'm no match for saint john w the great when it comes to Andy "Griffin" or The Beav.

I'm finally getting through to you, fella! But I'm no match for your "move," Mayor, as you just "float it out there." Smooth.....

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

It is why he could go to both - both were now UNcircumcision, and in need of his "gospel of the UNcircumcision" he himself was saved under AFTER he TOO was concluded in SPIRITUAL UNcircumcision WITH UNbelieving Israel WITH the Gentiles...

Acts 7:51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye. 7:52 Which of the prophets have not your fathers persecuted? and they have slain them which shewed before of the coming of the Just One; of whom ye have been now the betrayers and murderers: 7:53 Who have received the law by the disposition of angels, and have not kept it.

Romans 2:24 For the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles through you, as it is written. 2:25 For circumcision verily profiteth, if thou keep the law: but if thou be a breaker of the law, thy circumcision is made uncircumcision.

Romans 3:9 What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin; 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: 3:11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

3:19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin. 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; 3:24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: 3:25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; 3:26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

Romans 11:30 For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief: 11:31 Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy. 11:32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all. 11:33 O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!

Ephesians 2:1 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins; 2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: 2:3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

Etc...

The problem is, the Scriptures state that Paul was chosen to be the Apostle to the Gentiles and his message differed from the Kingdom message that Peter and the rest (Even Christ) were preaching specifically to the House of Israel. It was subsequently decided that Paul would take his "Grace message" to the Gentiles while Peter and the rest continued to preach the Kingdom message to the House of Israel. We must recognize that Paul was preaching faith alone without works, while Peter preached faith plus works to the Jews. Example: James 2:17 "Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone." James states at the beginning of his writings: "James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting." (James 1:1)

Right Divider

Body part

What about the believing Gentiles that were uncircumcised? What about the believing circumcised Gentiles?

Do you think that the gospel of the circumcision is the gospel of believers and the gospel of the uncircumcision is the gospel of unbelievers?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Logically speaking, there would be NO necessity for Paul to separate from the "rest" if their message wasn't different. Peter and the rest, along with Paul could have preached the same message to both Jew and Gentile alike. Why split up if the messages were the same for both Jew and Gentile?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I believe that while the Apostles still walked the earth there were two distinct messages being taught. Faith without works to the Gentiles and faith with works to the Jews. Today, there exists only one message: "The Grace Gospel."

Danoh

The problem is, the Scriptures state that Paul was chosen to be the Apostle to the Gentiles and his message differed from the Kingdom message that Peter and the rest (Even Christ) were preaching specifically to the House of Israel. It was subsequently decided that Paul would take his "Grace message" to the Gentiles while Peter and the rest continued to preach the Kingdom message to the House of Israel. We must recognize that Paul was preaching faith alone without works, while Peter preached faith plus works to the Jews. Example: James 2:17 "Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone." James states at the beginning of his writings: "James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting." (James 1:1)

The passages I posted show that before Paul unbelieving Israel had been concluded UNcircumcision - just another lost GENTILE nation.

What was Abraham BEFORE he believed God?

UNcircumcision, se Romans 4.

Further, my understanding is that James is writing to those of the Twelve Tribes scattered abroad - who had believed THEIR gospel WHEN it had still been in operation.

These here...

Acts 8:1 And Saul was consenting unto his death. And at that time there was a great persecution against the church which was at Jerusalem; and they were all scattered abroad throughout the regions of Judaea and Samaria, except the apostles.

While I am at it "the house of Israel" was not all Israel - it was a house within the TWO houses that Israel had ended up divided into.

Remember this...

John 10:16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

That is this...

John 11:51 And this spake he not of himself: but being high priest that year, he prophesied that Jesus should die for that nation; 11:52 And not for that nation only, but that also he should gather together in one the children of God that were scattered abroad.

And this...

Acts 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

James, Cephas, and John are writing to Israelites who believed the gospel of the circumcision back when it was still up and running.

That is why THEIR Epistles are focused on edification and "trying of your faith" issues.

Hey bro, thanks for posting more than agreement and or disagreement - more than that is where MAD thrives.

For it is then when we can each be challenged by one another to reflect on things we might not otherwise have reflected on.

Can you see why I believe animosity between MADS during each our posting of our respective understandings only gets in the way of the edifying challenge we can each be to one another?

The following does not have to be a pipe dream.

Only insistence gets in its way...

Ephesians 4:15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ: 4:16 From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.

What is the point of all this about Ephesians when that IS to be OUR Ephesians - we who ARE MADs - THAT passage was written to MADs :)

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
“For which of you, wanting to build a tower, doesn’t first sit down and calculate the cost to see if he has enough to complete it?” Lk 14:28

I Have Decided to Follow Jesus ~ Third Day

rear%20view%20mirror3908630947603487.JPG

Right Divider

Body part
“For which of you, wanting to build a tower, doesn’t first sit down and calculate the cost to see if he has enough to complete it?” Lk 14:28

I Have Decided to Follow Jesus ~ Third Day

rear%20view%20mirror3908630947603487.JPG
Thanks, poster-child.

You're a Romans 10:2 kind of person:
Rom 10:2 (AKJV/PCE)
(10:2) For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge.

You have a zeal for God, but not according to knowledge.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
For some men, who were designated for this judgment long ago, have come in by stealth;
elvis.gif
they are ungodly, turning the grace of our God into promiscuity and denying Jesus Christ, our only Master and Lord (Jud 4). :burnlib:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

If I look at what you're saying on a "Spiritual" level, I would tend to agree with you. However, if one looks at what you said in the physical realm it makes no sense. Could you explain what you truly meant?

Interplanner

The correct translation is 'the task of taking the gospel to the uncirc." If you would just realize that, you would follow this labyrinthine formula. It is not about THE GOSPEL OF THE UNCIRC as though that said something different from the Gospel. 'See: the Lamb of God who takes away the debt of sin' 'God was in Christ taking away the debt of sin, not imputing their sin to them.'

Status
Not open for further replies.